Super Bowl Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Super Bowl Game Thread

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The stupid off sides penalty in the first quarter was a killer. I said when it happened that it would figure in the outcome. That gave Balt 4 more points than they should have had. 

True. It also appeared obvious that the Ravens were very off-sides on that failed 49er two point conversion attempt.

But...that last call in the end zone on Crabtree was a good no-call, considering how the refs were calling the game throughout. There was a deep throw in the first half to Torrey Smith, who was obviously illegally contacted, or interfered with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I really thought the 49ers should have tried a run on that 2nd and goal after the 2 min warning. They were having success with the run, so why stop?

I saw the most egregious non holding call on the defender on the last pass  to Crabtree...he held him for 5 seconds as if he was performing on dancing with  the stars. A correct holding call & it's first and goal with 1 1/2 minutes left.

Disgusting !!!

You are correct, however, and I blame Harbaugh that Kaep or Gore or James or Dixon should have run the ball in on 2nd and 3rd downs !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Niners made the same kind of stupid mistake on a penalty in the first quarter as the Pats did last year. Led to 7 for NY and cost the Pats the game. Led to 4 extra and cost the Niners the game tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

At least we won't have to see Ray Lewis do that chicken dance anymore.

I guarantee he is on TV every sunday next year.  NFL network probably - but don't rule out Fox or CBS.

Amen. That knucklehead will be preaching his dime store Reverend Ike BS all next season on the pre-game shows.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Niners made the same kind of stupid mistake on a penalty in the first quarter as the Pats did last year. Led to 7 for NY and cost the Pats the game. Led to 4 extra and cost the Niners the game tonight.

If you're going to point to anything as to why the 49ers lost...point to that 108 yard kickoff return. A team can't give away 7 points to a good opponent, like that.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good point by you all....it might actually get worse.

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I guarantee he is on TV every sunday next year.  NFL network probably - but don't rule out Fox or CBS.

Amen. That knucklehead will be preaching his dime store Reverend Ike BS all next season on the pre-game shows.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If you're going to point to anything as to why the 49ers lost...point top that 108 yard kickoff return. A team can't give away 7 points to a good opponent, like that.  

Well, I bring that up because I sat here on the couch and said when it happened it could easily cost them that game, plus, it was completely unforced and unnecessary--just like the Pats 12 on the field last year. At least you could say the Ravens made a play on the KO return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Flacco vs 49ers 22/33 287Yds 8.7Avg 3TD 0Int 124.2Rating
    Flacco vs Pats  21/36 240Yds 6.7Avg 3TD 0Int 106.2Rating

Who has the mickey mouse defense?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Itll be on the opening of every SC every night for the next 365 days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It'll be on the opening of every SC every night for the next 365 days.

Ha!  So true - they had that jerk Strahan saying ""We ARE the world champions" for like two years,

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The stupid off sides penalty in the first quarter was a killer. I said when it happened that it would figure in the outcome. That gave Balt 4 more points than they should have had. 

True. It also appeared obvious that the Ravens were very off-sides on that failed 49er two point conversion attempt.

But...that last call in the end zone on Crabtree was a good no-call, considering how the refs were calling the game throughout. There was a deep throw in the first half to Torrey Smith, who was obviously illegally contacted, or interfered with.

I've seen a very many holdings called for much less than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I've seen a very many holdings called for much less than that.

In the regular season...sure. But, not in the SB. The refs were letting them play. Overall, I felt that the game was well officiated...though I thought that the Ravens were clearly offsides on that missed 49er two point conversion.  The bottom line overall...the better team won.

Sections
Shortcuts