Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread

......................and now, witness the awesome power of this fully operational Death-Gronk...................GO PATS!!!!!!!!KMc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Sorry, everyone, been wanting to do that all week (weak!)KMc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The hay in the barn, as Bill Belichick likes to say. There's nothing left to break down about this Super Bowl XLVI matchup ... right?

We found one ... the coin toss. Here are two things to know about how the Pats and Giants handle the opening flip of the coin:

* The past 29 times the Patriots have won the pregame coin toss they have elected to defer the choice until the second half. The last (and only) time they chose to receive since that option was started in 2006, was Week 1 of the 2008 season against the Kansas City Chiefs -- the day Tom Brady’s season ended with an injury.

* On the other hand, from Week 1 in 2008 to Dec. 4, 2011, the Giants chose to receive on every opening coin toss they won, a streak of 30 regular-season and playoff games where they chose to receive. But then in Week 17 this season against the Dallas Cowboys, with their season on the line, they chose to defer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blgrane. Show Blgrane's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread:
    [QUOTE] Giant fan pre-game jitters !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

LOL~~~~~~~ />Says it all..thanks!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm tweaking my original prediction from 31 - 17 to 45 - 17 Patriots.  The cocky Giants are going to get their azzes handed to them.......Bank it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

First time I have ever brought my laptop to a sports bar....It will be put away for the game....Send some good vibes to Colorado....Hoping my friend who is a Patriots fan and comes to the Sports bar.....A lot of family/friend crap going on the last few days for him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]I'm tweaking my original prediction from 31 - 17 to 45 - 17 Patriots.  The cocky Giants are going to get their azzes handed to them.......Bank it.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

+1!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

There she is. MHK, looking over Lucas Oil Stadium today. Win it for Myra, @Patriots!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Texted Albert Haynesworth to see if he was pulling for the Pats. He answered, "Of course. I'm a HUGE Tom Brady and Mr. Kraft fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

HaHaHa

Hell has froze over. Marshall Faulk picked the Pats to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ridley is playing!!!  As I looked a 2nd time, Faulk is inactive...Interesting

Christopher Price---

Patriots inactives: Ryan Mallett, Kevin Faulk, Shane Vereen, Gary Guyton, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald & Ron Brace 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Warren Sapp says that if Brady wins this game, "it's simple: he's the greatest of all time."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPN.com:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Defensive end Chris Canty wasn't satisfied telling New York Giants fans to get ready for a Super Bowl parade.

The veteran took it a step farther before Sunday's kickoff. He predicted on his Twitter account the score by which the Giants would win.

"Giants 28, New England 17" appeared on "ChrisCanty99" about five hours before game time

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady did his own chirping a week ago. The three-time Super Bowl champion told some 25,000 fans at a send-off in Foxborough, Mass., that he hoped there would be more fans for the rally when the team returned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ron Brace, Shocking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Tough blog for veteran RB Kevin Faulk. Could be the end of a solid career. Began in 1999.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Former BC LB Mark Herzlich will not play today. He's among NY's 7 inactive players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Was looking forward to seeing Faulk in the backfield providing protection for TFB and getting involved in the screen game.  I like the dude and his selfless play and participation over the years.  Team guy, one of my all time Pats favorites!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Giants inactives

Mark Herzlich, Ramses Barden, Da'Rel Scott, Jim Cordle, Justin Trattou, Jimmy Kennedy, James Brewer

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/GlLwGMuf

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

president Jonathan Kraft, in suit & tie, playing catch with a ball boy on the NE sideline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Not a surprise.....

Kevin Faulk told me before the week that he didn't want to announce his retirement because it would draw attention..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Not a surprise..... Ian R. Rapoport   @ RapSheet Kevin Faulk told me before the week that he didn't want to announce his retirement because it would draw attention..
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Ultimate team player!  Need to win for Kevin too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Bowl ---Giants vs Patriots-----Game Thread : Ultimate team player!  Need to win for Kevin too.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I agree....Frustrating way to end a career....Not sure what to think, would I rather have him or Ridley playing?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Inactive analysis for Patriots

February, 5, 2012
    FEB 5
    4:49
    PM ET
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Analysis from the Patriots' inactive players for Super Bowl XLVI: 

1. Faulk decision stands out. In a game of this magnitude, one line of thinking was that Patriots coach Bill Belichick would lean more toward experience than youth. But he went the opposite direction at running back, going with rookie Stevan Ridley (2 fumbles in his last 2 games) over Faulk, the longest tenured player on the team. That's a surprise from this perspective. The Patriots have BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead and Ridley at running back, with Lousaka Polite at fullback. 

2. Gronkowski, as expected, ready to go. Tight end Rob Gronkowski's left high ankle sprain drew a lot of attention all week, but there was never really a question of him playing. The question remains how effective he will be. 

3. Vollmer cleared and ready. After missing seven straight games with back/foot injuries, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer is active. It might be asking too much for Vollmer to go wire to wire, so we'll look for some type of rotation with him and rookie Nate Solder. This opens up a solid chance the Patriots call on their "big" package, with Solder as an extra tight end. 

4. Ochocinco active after missing AFC Championship. Veteran Chad Ochocinco, who was inactive for the AFC title game (he attended his father's funeral the day before) and played just one snap in the divisoinal round, is active as the fourth receiver. Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Julian Edelman top the depth chart. 

5. Cannon gets nod as reserve lineman. The Patriots have eight offensive linemen active for the game, with rookie tackle/guard Marcus Cannon getting the final spot over center/guard Nick McDonald. The Patriots have Ryan Wendell as their top backup at center, and McDonald would have added another layer of depth in the pivot. But Cannon adds more power and the Patriots look to be prioritizing that in this game. 

6. Other than Faulk, no major surprises. Outside of veteran running back Kevin Faulk being inactive, no major surprises for the Patriots on this list. Quarterback Ryan Mallett was active for just one game this season, while rookie running back Shane Vereen has been inactive over the last two months, and linebacker Gary Guyton has fallen out of favor. In addition, defensive lineman Ron Brace hasn't broken through, while offensive lineman Donald Thomas has been inactive in recent weeks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

pic.twitter.com/0rR6dpWX

Chad tells me he's doing everything he can to get back to "being the old Chad Johnson" tonight. This includes the gold teeth.