Super Bowl has already been decided says Giants.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Super Bowl has already been decided says Giants.com

The page can not be found...so my guess it went viral quickly....and the address was deleted!  LOL

More bulletin board material!!!!

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Giants-website-says-theyre-Super-Bowl-XLVI-champions-Blog-44378

The above image is from the New York Giants website. You can click here to check it out... unless they change it at some point, when they realize the game hasn't happened yet.

A lot of fuss was made when Tom Brady said that he hoped the Patriots would have a bigger crowd in 2 weeks, when he addressed fans following the Patriots' win over the Ravens in the AFC Championship game. But this... this is a whole different story.

This isn't one guy making a slightly ambiguous statement about what he HOPES to see. This is the New York Giants promoting Twitter and Facebook badges to celebrate a championship they haven't yet actually won.

Could it get any clearer, with the words "The Giants are Super Bowl Champions!" sprawled across the top of the page?

Better slow your role a little bit, Giants. So much for avoiding bulletin board material for the Patriots locker room.

UPDATE: As of 12:15 p.m. EST, it has been taken down. Looks like they figured it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Re: Super Bowl has already been decided says Giants.com

What else would we expect from NY? Kind of like when the Steelers had their bags packed and ready to go to the SB before the AFCCG...and we all saw how that worked out for them. I'm sure there are thousands of Patriots SB46 t-shirts all printed up and ready to sell (hopefully I'll be ordering one tomorrow night at about 11 pm). But I haven't seen them already taking orders! But seriously, I think Brady and the rest of the gang have enough motivation already. It's all good, though. At the least some poor kids in third world countries will have new shirts to wear next month!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl has already been decided says Giants.com:
    What else would we expect from NY? Kind of like when the Steelers had their bags packed and ready to go to the SB before the AFCCG...and we all saw how that worked out for them. I'm sure there are thousands of Patriots SB46 t-shirts all printed up and ready to sell (hopefully I'll be ordering one tomorrow night at about 11 pm). But I haven't seen them already taking orders! But seriously, I think Brady and the rest of the gang have enough motivation already. It's all good, though. At the least some poor kids in third world countries will have new shirts to wear next month!
    Posted by Bubthegrub12

They do have enough motivation....Just adds more.....I am hoping during Lombardi ceremony the Patriots will have Mrs. Kraft's picture on the podium next to them!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It is getting to the Boston Sport Columnists and Patriots Beat Writers

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

Oh what the .... they took it down. Anyone copy the page?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Too bad they won't have the chance to put it back up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

I'm behind a .mil firewall in cowgirl country so I can't see the photo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by Bubthegrub12

And what was the Patriots fandom thinking before the '08 SB? Hmmmmm!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Why do so many people think the Giants are going to beat us?  Everyone points to our #31 ranked defense.  The Giants defense was ranked #27.  Everyone points to our #31 rank against the pass, the Giants were ranked #29th.  We actually had the better run Defense, #17 vs. #19.

Not much of an edge if you ask me.  Brady should certainly be able to exploit the 29th ranked passing defense.  Brady put up 342 yards on them Week 9.  It was the 4 turn overs and our cautious play in the first half that killed us.  When we openned it up in the 4th quarter we put up 17 points.

Offensively, we have the clear edge, overall #2 vs. #8.  We were #2 passing, they were #5.  But we were the far better rushing team.  Everyone is talking about NY's power run game.  They ranked dead last #32.  We were #20 running the ball.

Everyone is also talking about the Giants vaulted DL against our OL.  Our OL is far from chopped liver.  We have a pair of Pro Bowlers at Guard and to me, Connolly is more of a beast at Center than Koppen ever was.  Light is a multiple Pro Bowl Left Tackle and Vollmer and Solder are pretty solid at RT.  If Vollmer is healthy, Solder can be used as a blocking TE in max protection which would allow Gronk to perhaps chip the edge rusher before going out.  The Giants aren't going to beat us rushing up the middle so they are going to have to do it coming off the edges.  Our short passing game means they won't have time to get to Brady.

People then argue the Giants were beat up much of the year and are finally getting healthy.  What about us?  We were missing Chung, Spikes and Fletcher most of the year and they are all back.  Then people call the Giants the hotter team because they won their last 5.  We won our last 10.  The Giants beat the 8-8 Jets and 8-8 Cowboys to close the season.  Ooo.  We beat them too.  Then they beat the frightening 10-6 Wild Card Falcons at home 24-2.  Big deal.  We beat Division winner, albeit 8-8, Broncos 45-10 at home.  Which win was more impressive?

Yes, they beat the Packers in GB.  That sometimes happens when a team has an extra week off and gets cocky.  It happened to us last year and besides, the Packers have the worst defense in the league so putting 37 up on them isn't that big of a surprise.  Holding GB to 20 was a surprise.  But again, I don't see all the hype for the Giants.  They haven't done anything that warrants it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Why do so many people think the Giants are going to beat us?  Everyone points to our #31 ranked defense.  The Giants defense was ranked #27.  Everyone points to our #31 rank against the pass, the Giants were ranked #29th.  We actually had the better run Defense, #17 vs. #19. Not much of an edge if you ask me.  Brady should certainly be able to exploit the 29th ranked passing defense.  Brady put up 342 yards on them Week 9.  It was the 4 turn overs and our cautious play in the first half that killed us.  When we openned it up in the 4th quarter we put up 17 points. Offensively, we have the clear edge, overall #2 vs. #8.  We were #2 passing, they were #5.  But we were the far better rushing team.  Everyone is talking about NY's power run game.  They ranked dead last #32.  We were #20 running the ball. Everyone is also talking about the Giants vaulted DL against our OL.  Our OL is far from chopped liver.  We have a pair of Pro Bowlers at Guard and to me, Connolly is more of a beast at Center than Koppen ever was.  Light is a multiple Pro Bowl Left Tackle and Vollmer and Solder are pretty solid at RT.  If Vollmer is healthy, Solder can be used as a blocking TE in max protection which would allow Gronk to perhaps chip the edge rusher before going out.  The Giants aren't going to beat us rushing up the middle so they are going to have to do it coming off the edges.  Our short passing game means they won't have time to get to Brady. People then argue the Giants were beat up much of the year and are finally getting healthy.  What about us?  We were missing Chung, Spikes and Fletcher most of the year and they are all back.  Then people call the Giants the hotter team because they won their last 5.  We won our last 10.  The Giants beat the 8-8 Jets and 8-8 Cowboys to close the season.  Ooo.  We beat them too.  Then they beat the frightening 10-6 Wild Card Falcons at home 24-2.  Big deal.  We beat Division winner, albeit 8-8, Broncos 45-10 at home.  Which win was more impressive? Yes, they beat the Packers in GB.  That sometimes happens when a team has an extra week off and gets cocky.  It happened to us last year and besides, the Packers have the worst defense in the league so putting 37 up on them isn't that big of a surprise.  Holding GB to 20 was a surprise.  But again, I don't see all the hype for the Giants.  They haven't done anything that warrants it.
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucet.....You have said it all!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

man the patriots need to shut these fkers up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

It was spotted by others:

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/04/giants-website-announces-team-as-super-bowl-champion/?sct=hp_t2_a16&eref=sihp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

man the patriots need to shut these fkers up
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Agreed. WIN and we won't hear from the NY RATS for the next decade. Both NY teams lack in class

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl has already been decided says Giants.com : Faucet.....You have said it all!!!!
    Posted by TSWFAN

Thanks.  Plus everyone was saying the Denver pass rushers would give Brady fits and they weren't a factor.

Sections
Shortcuts