Super Bowl in London?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Super Bowl in London?

I dont know about you guys,but I dont think this is right.its bad enough there has to be a season game there.if anything maybe the pro-bowl,and some pre-season games.leave the season games here.and the super bowl definately belongs only here.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8016358.stm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Super Bowl in London?

If anybody needed more evidence of what a tool Goodell is, this is it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8016358.stm.

What else does this country want to cede to Europe...the 4th of July??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Super Bowl should stay in the US, but if the British want to celebrate the 4th of July, that's perfectly ok with me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

If anybody needed more evidence of what a tool Goodell is, this is it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8016358.stm .      What else does this country want to cede to Europe...the 4th of July??
    Posted by TexasPat3

goofell-is ruining our favorite game in the U.S.with all the rules to shipping it somewhere else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

I thought you were kidding!  I love England (spent 6 years at RAF Mildenhall) but the only way the SB should go there is if they field a team (or 2 or 3) and make it all the way.  Bravo on the globalization of American football, but until other countries put up the cash for a franchise, then lets keep it on our soil.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I thought you were kidding!  I love England (spent 6 years at RAF Mildenhall) but the only way the SB should go there is if they field a team (or 2 or 3) and make it all the way.  Bravo on the globalization of American football, but until other countries put up the cash for a franchise, then lets keep it on our soil.
    Posted by 347pg

I dont hate england,but like you said,they should put up some money.maybe have some kind of football teams there like the the ones they had.and have it to where teams here can sign players from other countries.but they should have there own leagues.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I don't know what to say. I still cant believe I just read that. That's not all Goodell. The owners must be behind it or this wouldn't be a conversation. They better be careful, because thier greed could end up alienating the very fan base that has made this league a success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

The Super Bowl should stay in the US, but if the British want to celebrate the 4th of July, that's perfectly ok with me.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

I celebrated the 4th in London in 1975 (Navy). A bunch of us dressed up (badly) as revolutionary war soldiers and went pub hopping. The Londoners were great fun and many pints were bought for the colonists. July 5th was rough.

But the Super Bowl? Why not just sell the Statue of Liberty to the Chinese and the Lincoln Memorial to Saudi Arabia?

Coming next the World Series moves to Japan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Does anyone think the US corporate sponsors will want this weather for their big tent parties?

February Weather

• Average High: 44°F (7°C)
    • Average Low: 33°F (1°C)
    • Average wet days: 13 days
    • Average daily sunshine: 2 hours
    • January and February are the coldest months

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianodom. Show brianodom's posts

Bring the FA Cup and Champions League here ..ain't gonna happen and Goodell is a tool..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Does anyone think the US corporate sponsors will want this weather for their big tent parties?        February Weather Average High: 44°F (7°C) Average Low: 33°F (1°C) Average wet days: 13 days Average daily sunshine: 2 hours January and February are the coldest months
    Posted by Evil2009

I was going to say, when was the last time there was a Super Bowl in the North?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This is a almost exclusive American sport so why on earth would we have it there? Makes no sense. Not to mention the super bow is crazy expensive the way they do it now can you think of how much more money you would have to pay to fly to Europe for the game? the air fair alone would be insane to pay for then add the supe rbowl tickets and all teh money you spend while attending the week long event. Goodel is so greedy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This has to be a joke. Anything other than a pre-season game played at a venue other than an NFL stadium would be stupid . The skewed logic of selling the most tickets for the largest amount of quid in England is a novelty at best. This is not some grand design to move some team to another hemisphere permanently. Just a little something to gauge fan interest around the globe. Take a look at the size of the stadium in Rio and you could do essentially the same thing: pique curiousity temporarily before fans lose interest in the one time novelty and go back to routing for their local teams.  An SB, let's keep it in the right place. In America.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

If you can put a Super Bowl in Jacksonville, you can put one in London.
    If you can put a Super Bowl in Minneapolis you can put one in London.
    If you can put a Super Bowl in Detroit, you can put one in London.

You can put the SB anywhere you want.  It will sell out and be the hightest rated TV event nation, where ever it is.

So some poor slop can't drive there...Super Bowls aren't for the needy.
    So some corporate executive won't like the weather, there's lots of others to take his place.
    So some Xenophopic A-holes will find it offensive to American idealism. Tell them to stay in their caves.
    So the game would have to start at 11:30pm LST.  Pubs can now stay open late in London.

It would be a wounderful party for all 80,000 in attendence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

If you can put a Super Bowl in Jacksonville, you can put one in London. If you can put a Super Bowl in Minneapolis you can put one in London. If you can put a Super Bowl in Detroit, you can put one in London. You can put the SB anywhere you want.  It will sell out and be the hightest rated TV event nation, where ever it is. So some poor slop can't drive there...Super Bowls aren't for the needy. So some corporate executive won't like the weather, there's lots of others to take his place. So some Xenophopic A-holes will find it offensive to American idealism. Tell them to stay in their caves. So the game would have to start at 11:30pm LST.  Pubs stay open late in London. It would be a wounderful party for all 80,000 in attendence.
    Posted by bobomul

Must be from England.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If you can put a Super Bowl in Jacksonville, you can put one in London. If you can put a Super Bowl in Minneapolis you can put one in London. If you can put a Super Bowl in Detroit, you can put one in London. You can put the SB anywhere you want.  It will sell out and be the hightest rated TV event nation, where ever it is. So some poor slop can't drive there...Super Bowls aren't for the needy. So some corporate executive won't like the weather, there's lots of others to take his place. So some Xenophopic A-holes will find it offensive to American idealism. Tell them to stay in their caves. So the game would have to start at 11:30pm LST.  Pubs stay open late in London. It would be a wounderful party for all 80,000 in attendence.
    Posted by bobomul

Have you a clue? The Super Bowl is played in domes and in the south for a reason. Beyond all the coporate sponsers the NFL made a decision ages ago not to have the game in winter conditions to make it more of an offensive show. So now they want to play in the cold London mud? Half of the viewers aren't regular foorball fans. They want the exciting long bomb not the slow defensive slog in the mud.

Then there's the time difference. There's 8 hours difference between London and the west coast. When do you start the game? 8 at night for a noon west coast broadcast? You think the advertisers are going to like that?

The whole idea is insane

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Must be from England.
    Posted by jerh5

Pinhead in any country

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I will be entirely supportive of a Super Bowl in London just as soon as every NFL city has a chance to host one first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

INSANE in the membrane:

The Super Bowl is a guaranteed sell out, no matter where you put it.  They could play it in Greenland and every seat would be filled.  It's the F-ing SUPER BOWL!

With world class grounds keepers, it would be played on pristine conditions in London, rain or shine.

The corporate sponsors worldwide would be in full force.  Some client is going to pass on a full fledge junket to London with a SB included?  No chance.

Start the game whenever FOX wants to.  Play it at 11:00 PM in London.  Make it a party.  No need to go to work the next day.

Even the Neanderthal Xenophobic mouth-breathers (many who are on this board) would have to back down and enjoy the show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Need more proof that Goodell is a tool? Well, hes' following through with plans to extent the NFL regular season to 18 games.

Way to go, Rog. Water down the regular season further, so that each game isn't so important. Skew the record books further, increase the odds of injury to the games' top players, and have the SB winner decided by the survival of the fittest...not by the best team: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4096559

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

Well, I am English (I was on here when the Bucs-Pats game was announced as this year's game at Wembley?), and I am as perplexed as anyone else at even discussing this within the upper echelons of the game?

As illogical as a regular season game is over here (although I'm very happy that my Pats are here this year!), playing a SB here makes no sense. Sure, it might work from a commercial point of view (don't think the city of London wouldn't be paying some decent wedge to host it?) - but having sat in Foxboro during the winter months losing the feeling in my extremities, it would be more of the same in London during the first weekend in February. Bloomin' freezing, even more so given that the game wouldn't start until midnight (local time).

While I would jump at the chance to go to the game, this is taking things a bit too far surely?

Also - I believe there have also been discussions with the NFL regarding starting a full franchise in London. Not a World League / NFL Europe franchise, but a fully fledged NFL team. Can't see that getting off the ground either to be honest...

(BTW - if there are any other Brits reading this, the London Red Sox Supporters Club are meeting up tomorrow night in London for the Sox-Yanks game...)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

INSANE in the membrane: The Super Bowl is a guaranteed sell out, no matter where you put it.  They could play it in Greenland and every seat would be filled.  It's the F-ing SUPER BOWL! With world class grounds keepers, it would be played on pristine conditions in London, rain or shine. The corporate sponsors worldwide would be in full force.  Some client is going to pass on a full fledge junket to London with a SB included?  No chance. Start the game whenever FOX wants to.  Play it at 11:00 PM in London.  Make it a party.  No need to go to work the next day. Even the Neanderthal Xenophobic mouth-breathers (many who are on this board) would have to back down and enjoy the show.
    Posted by bobomul

Your Avatar says it all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Well, I am English (I was on here when the Bucs-Pats game was announced as this year's game at Wembley?), and I am as perplexed as anyone else at even discussing this within the upper echelons of the game? As illogical as a regular season game is over here (although I'm very happy that my Pats are here this year!), playing a SB here makes no sense. Sure, it might work from a commercial point of view (don't think the city of London wouldn't be paying some decent wedge to host it?) - but having sat in Foxboro during the winter months losing the feeling in my extremities, it would be more of the same in London during the first weekend in February. Bloomin' freezing, even more so given that the game wouldn't start until midnight (local time). While I would jump at the chance to go to the game, this is taking things a bit too far surely? Also - I believe there have also been discussions with the NFL regarding starting a full franchise in London. Not a World League / NFL Europe franchise, but a fully fledged NFL team. Can't see that getting off the ground either to be honest... (BTW - if there are any other Brits reading this, the London Red Sox Supporters Club are meeting up tomorrow night in London for the Sox-Yanks game...)
    Posted by PatsFanUK
    Well said. I might also add, Whatever happened to tradition? It is what most cultures are founded on. Thats whats wrong with alot of the world these days. The almighty dollar wins out wayyyy too much. PatsFanUK, just out of curiousity,
     what do you think hardcore British soccer fans would do if they started to talk about moving the championship game to the US?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Who cares where the game is played, the real fans can’t get tickets anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they decide too play a Super Bowl in London in any season they can just take their game over there,because that will be the biggest insult to our country in a time of economic decline.I'll cancel everything I have to do with the NFL.

Sections
Shortcuts