Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE

I'm sure it would grow on me if my fave team wins that game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Hahah same. I'm a designer and branding guy so this just completely offended me. Considering how much global exposure this logo will get, it's atrocious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE:
    [QUOTE]Hahah same. I'm a designer and branding guy so this just completely offended me. Considering how much global exposure this logo will get, it's atrocious.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

The snowflake kills me, apd. How's about a goal post....... I mean, the "football" is barely recognizable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The typefaces are also horrible. They look like Microsoft Word fonts, which is absolutely embarrassing for a logo that's going to get so much exposure. The fading silver gradients is also cheesy as helll. Again, it's stuff anyone can do by going to Word and creating Wordart. This is so sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

very confusing.... nj doesn't have a team and the ny team is buffalo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Looks like a row of teeth under the snowflake, with "host committee" as the lower lip.

Might as well have thrown in Mick Jagger's iconic tongue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] The snowflake kills me, apd. How's about a goal post....... I mean, the "football" is barely recognizable.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. 

however, one thing going for it is it's a very clean looking logo but the choices they used such as snowflake and a green football shape thingy is pretty sorry ugly.  They could have made the logo more football oriented, imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

must have been designed by Jints and Phatrex

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE : My thoughts exactly.  however, one thing going for it is it's a very clean looking logo but the choices they used such as snowflake and a green football shape thingy is pretty sorry ugly.  They could have made the logo more football oriented, imo.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

CLEAN LOOKING?!? Come on bro. This is atrocious. There is nothing clean about this. It's an eye sore. Less is more, people. Less is more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Haha who cares

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Like I said, I design large-scale Web apps for a living. We do the branding stuff as well. Stuff like which colors will appeal most to your target audience, how the brand translates to people overseas, how it appeals to both females and males, how it can be viewed through mobile devices, etc. So people like me break this stuff down :)

And this got a F+ in my eyes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] CLEAN LOOKING?!? Come on bro. This is atrocious. There is nothing clean about this. It's an eye sore. Less is more, people. Less is more.

By clean looking I'm saying it has nice clean edges through out the logo.  The shiny highlights look good in the spots they chose to use them, not sure how that will look once they make patches and stuff like that as I would think that wouldn't transfer over to the clothing medium the same.  The drop shadow was a nice touch around the logo, things look good as far as how it is constructed.  Even tho the font they used is junk the text looks very clean and sharp.  The colors used doesn't make the logo pop, looks kind of dark instead of standing out. I have seen better and worse.  Certainly doesn't jump out to me as one of my favorites.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Also the use of the bridge makes you think that there should be Spiderman swinging from it like this......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Super Bowl logo for 2012. It's HORRIBLE:
    [QUOTE]

Especially the part that says NJ.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If they put a literal turd on the logo and the pats won it it'd fine by me.

This is very close to that however!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

um yeah that's not the logo for the bowl itself, it's just the one for the host committee, see indianapolis has one for 2012, the ny/nj one is for 2014

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It looks like something that a high school student's created right after learning InDesign or Illustrator.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]um yeah that's not the logo for the bowl itself, it's just the one for the host committee, see indianapolis has one for 2012, the ny/nj one is for 2014
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

Good call, but it's still ugly. They've gotten lazy with it actually. The official logo for this year's Super Bowl is the same as last year's except the stadium in the background changed and the roman numerals changed. Geez =)

Sections
Shortcuts