Super Bowl MVP???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Super Bowl MVP???

32-39, 288 yards, 2 TD. Not bad...not bad at all. MVP worthy? Maybe at first glance, nobody will complain about it (not like Manning stealing it from Rhodes). But I give you one other option:

Garrett Hartley

That's right, a kicker. 3 40+ yard field goals (46, 44, 47, in that order) which is a super bowl record. He also started the second half with a very good onside kick that resulted in a HUGE play for the Saints. Add in the 2 pats, and he was responsible for 11 points alone. How much would that field position meant if he missed any of those attemtps? Ok, except the end of half attempt. He kept the Saints in it in the first half, gave them the ball at the beginning of the second, and drilled three loooong distance field goals. Scott Norwood would have taken any one of those kicks and Buffalo would be a much happier place. Come on people, kickers NEVER get any love! I know it's a stretch, but this guy (Hartley) deserves to have SOMEONE give him credit for having ICE WATER running through his veins!

That being said, he would've gotten my vote for MVP...but for some reason I cannot understand, I don't get a vote.

Congrats to the Saints, undeniably the best team of 2009/10.

"Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints..." Nobody!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Super Bowl MVP???

That's what I thought, too.  The kicking was clutch.  W/o him, the Saints probably do not win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah, without Hartley the Saints would not have won.  Kickers are definitely undervalued, at least by fans.  Brady needed Vinatieri for all his wins.  Even Manning needed Vinatieri when he won.  Look at what Manning did with Vanderchoke.  Look at what happened when BB didn't trust Ghost to kick a 49-yarder - we lost by 3.  I hope Ghost returns to his pre-2009 form. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Special teams all together deserve the game ball. A kickoff return to the ten! Punt inside the 5 after the first punt found the gunner making a nice play!

The Saints made 0 mistakes, the Colts made no less than 3 (INT, onside kick, missed fg).

I hope Gostowski comes back, I don't think his form was off at all, just BB's faith in him. And, btw, it scares me that he is naming himself D-Coordinator. He's doing too much, which is keeping him from doing anything superbly. He can't be head coach, GM, D coordinator, asst O coordinator and expect to do them all well. Once cloning is mastered, fine...but until then...seriously, find some people you can trust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Quit worrying, we'll be fine.  Enjoy this moment - and remember, now the Colts got the Super Bowl loser curse.

Sections
Shortcuts