Super Bowl predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Super Bowl predictions

I'm going for the "Pack-Attack" by a touchdown.

Green Bay is a well balanced team with an athletic defense. I didn't like the way the Steelers let the Jets back in the game in the second half.

You can't do that against a young, hungry Packers team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

@Waynestarr I like the Pack in this game too, but: 

"I didn't like the way the Steelers let the Jets back in the game in the second half."

Didn't the Packers do the same thing with the Bears? If not for a 3rd string QB throwing picks the Bears were making a push on the Packers as well....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pack 38
    Steelers 24

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

Pack 27, Steelers 21.   I think Rogers is going to have a great game against the steelers. If the steelers do not get consistent pressure on him he will make them pay.  If they have to put pressure on him by blitzing then Steelers are in trouble.      I watched every game the Pats played this year and the Green Bay gamewas the one that I thought they  had no business winning.  I thought they got out played on both sides of the ball and by a no name QB,add Rogers in that game and they lose handily.  Pittsburgh, on the other hand for many years has not scared me, I always thought that the Pats would beat them even in their Super Bowl years.
       I do not really like either one, and could not care less who wins but I have been way more impressed with Green Bay in these playoffs than any other team.  As for a 3rd string Chicago QB throwing the game away,  where would Chicago have been without that 3rd string QB, as Cutler and Collins did absolutely nothing                                                                                                               

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

I can kind of see your point.  Maybe if Rodgers plays they do not run so much and chew up time on the clock but maybe they score more quickly and put up 40 pts, you just do not know. And for the Pats scoring 31 in 19 min., they did but not with out some help from some odd plays ( Connoly return), not like the Pats had to go to far to score that one.  Don't get me wrong I am a huge Pats fan but I just think they got handled pretty good in this game.  The defence could not stop the run or pass and offence while effective went away from run thus not eating time on the clock when they were being succesful when they did run. In Response to Re: Super Bowl predictions:
    Actually, I think just the opposite about the Pats-GB game.  I think if Rodgers had played, it would not have been that close. Everyone forgets the Pats put up 31 points in 19 minutes against GB.  The Pack had the ball 41 minutes!  They wouldn't have had it that long with Rodgers. I could personally care less who wins; in fact, I may not even watch the game.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I expect a low-scoing affair. Both teams have outstanding defenses and suspect offensive lines. The game will likely hinge on whether or not the Steelers can keep Rodgers in the pocket. If they let him run around the way Atlanta did, he'll carve that secondary. If Bitchburgh can keep Roethlisberger upright (a big if) and make the Packers respect the run (more likely), they should be able to keep pace . . .   and under the bright lights, Rodgers is more likely to gack it up than Roethlisberger.

Steelers 20 Packers 17

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'll take the Packers over the Steelers 31-21. Just see the Packers winning the turnover battle and thus the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I predict patsfansince1966 watches the game and has a pregame party with wine and little winnies

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm just wishing for a good, hard fought entertaining game with great commercials and halftime event.

Neither team impresses me at this point.  I like Tomlin so maybe I will cheer for the steelers.  But then again I have never liked the steelers except folr last sunday.  With a win Rodgers gets out of Favre's shadow but his whole championship belt gestures really bug me for some reason.  To win the championship strap you need to beat the champion, they havent played the saints so it's kind of phoney what he's doing.

Patriots would beat them both on SB Sunday. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Still leaning towards the Packers - all things equal between two tough defenses, the Packers have better cornerbacks and a better pass rush from their defensive linemen; Pittsburgh has a slight edge in linebackers, but Green Bay features Clay Matthews, A.J. Hawk, and Nick Burnett.  I also think that Green Bay has a slightly better offensive line.  I think Pittsburgh has to turn it into a smashmouth affair becuase their biggest edge is their running game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj12. Show brughj12's posts

Im rooting for Packers and picking packers dont wanna hear Brady and Ben comparisons forever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My own all-numeric margin-of-victory forecast has Green Bay by 3.2 points.  Vegas gives them 2.5 points. 

Thank you Green Bay for one more good Game of the Week call.  Predicting was fun once I got on the streak.  Just as good was my spreadsheet saying not to touch the Pittsburgh by 3 spread.  Pitt by 5 was plenty close to that prediction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

if the pats were not prepared for Flynn then maybe the coaches should have payed a little more attention since evryone else seemed to know that it was a very good possibility that Rodgers was not going to play , so I think your argument is pointlessIn Response to Re: Super Bowl predictions:
    In Response to Re: Super Bowl predictions : My point is that I don't think the Pats were prepared for Flynn, they were prepared for Rodgers.  That is why Flynn was so successful.  I actually think the Pats would have won going away had Rodgers played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FebruaryGirl. Show FebruaryGirl's posts

PACKERS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Super Bowl predictions:
    In Response to Re: Super Bowl predictions : My point is that I don't think the Pats were prepared for Flynn, they were prepared for Rodgers.  That is why Flynn was so successful.  I actually think the Pats would have won going away had Rodgers played.

I'm sure BB prepared for either QB. If he didn't, that makes him less than the genius he's been annointed to be. From the Jets' preparation, this rings similar to the Pack game. And Flynn can't hold Rodgers' strap. So please 'going away'? Some where the words could, should, would and if weren't implemented and lost in your grasping at air rant. There is always next year. Hold your breathe.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts