Super Bowl Saturday????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Super Bowl Saturday????

the nfl is thinking of moving the game up a day and they're toying with the idea of a bigger field?  thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Super Bowl Saturday????

Thats a way to get more people to show up for work on Monday. The fields big enough now. If you make it wider then let the D hit for 10 yards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Thankfully it looks like the wider field thing is a pipe dream for now.  Seriously though f Bill Polian.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/widening-field-isnt-on-competition-committees-agenda/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I kinda like the Sunday game. I take Saturday and get everything done and have nothing on tap for Sunday but the game.

It ain't over that late.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

it would be a boost to the economy and sunday becomes celebration/excuses day.....Poilan trying to pull an advantage for his young qb

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

they made a big mistake putting the superbowl in new jersey - dumbheads

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Just think if the SB happened on the weekend of this past storm which is a real possibility When it will be in NJ

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

On one hand,

I think Saturday is a better date. Especially if your team wins, you can drink the night away without worrying about being hungover for work. I guess the same thing goes for the fans of the losing team. NFL can probably make more money out of it, push the game to 8:20 and shove more pregame crap down our throats. So it's good for the economy.

On the other hand,

It's against tradition. 

I have a feeling they'll try it for one Super Bowl, like with what they did in the '09 pro bowl having it at the Super Bowl site, and see how it works out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They may have to next year for playing the game in stupid NY. What a dumb, hiney kissing idea. Honestly. The only thing I'd see good about it is if the Pats make it and play some team from the deep south or a dome that freezes their butts off and can't keep up. Final: Pats 56, ***** 0. Oh yeah, one more good thing I almost forgot.....The team that plays their home games at the Super Bowl site invariably gets the kiss of death in trying to get there. Hahahahaha....two for the price of one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They need to just leave it alone.  Sunday is when it should be played.  Crazy, plain crazy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

love it. i cant stand drinking on work nights. what a friday-saturday-sunday party! chilling and eating left overs, rehydrating, huge breakfast and basking(hopefully)in the win on sunday. Most importantly --not having to discuss the game in the office to every tom dick and harry. i find that ALOT of supposed sports fans watch the game just to have something to flap thier hot wing holder about the next day. offer nothing of substance nor do they want to have a real conversation. they just want you to know that they watched the game and the commercials and the kick off return and the fight and the power outtage...etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

love it. i cant stand drinking on work nights. what a friday-saturday-sunday party! chilling and eating left overs, rehydrating, huge breakfast and basking(hopefully)in the win on sunday. Most importantly --not having to discuss the game in the office to every tom dick and harry. i find that ALOT of supposed sports fans watch the game just to have something to flap thier hot wing holder about the next day. offer nothing of substance nor do they want to have a real conversation. they just want you to know that they watched the game and the commercials and the kick off return and the fight and the power outtage...etc.

Yeah, and dont you just love it when one of the women who knows almost nothing about football says that she was "rooting for the Ravens as soon as she found out Michael Orr plays for them because she just loved 'The Blind Side'"? Almost invariably there will be one like that in the office--pick any sport, pick any season. They will root for a team you absolutely HATE, and that team will go on to win for their brainless reason. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

to have something to flap thier hot wing holder about

Outstanding!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

They may have to next year for playing the game in stupid NY. What a dumb, hiney kissing idea. Honestly. The only thing I'd see good about it is if the Pats make it and play some team from the deep south or a dome that freezes their butts off and can't keep up. Final: Pats 56, ***** 0. Oh yeah, one more good thing I almost forgot.....The team that plays their home games at the Super Bowl site invariably gets the kiss of death in trying to get there. Hahahahaha....two for the price of one!

Honestly, I like the possibility of a Super Bowl played in the snow. Snow games are usually my favorite. Of course if it's freezing that sucks, but that's football!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Honestly, I like the possibility of a Super Bowl played in the snow. Snow games are usually my favorite. Of course if it's freezing that sucks, but that's football!

Yeah, youre right. I have to admit, snow games are the most entertaining football.