Superbowl 44 preview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Superbowl 44 preview

If you wanna know what the Show is gonna look like this year, tune in monday night. I think it will be a sign of things to come in February.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Re: Superbowl 44 preview

Don't forget about December 6th

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

could very well happen, the team that scares me the most right now in the afc is san diego they are coming on strong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

In Response to Re: Superbowl 44 preview:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget about December 6th
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

what about it, exactly? If you're trying to say that it could be a superbowl preview, that's not possible. If you're trying to tell me not to forget that date exists on the calender, I'll do my best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Oggie,

Any game the Pats have against the Fins in Miami will always be on my radar.  Those games seem to be just as frustrating as our games against the Colts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Eww! The Saints? 

The Vikings are going to represent the NFC, not the Saints.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

oggie im looking forward to the Dec 6 fins game.  i just love division games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I can't wait for the game Monday Night!!!! This is going to be a huge game, one way or another.

I hope they can keep a clamp down on the Saints passing game and get their own 2nd-half offensive woes fixed - they need to be able to score the entire game and keep the pressure on Brees.

A guy I know says the Saints are going to go undefeated and as he said, "We'll go undefeated and actually win the superbowl, unlike some other team."

I hope the Pats beat them down and not let them come back from an early hole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yeah, the Saints are going to be tough.  I think we're going to have our hands full in the playoffs though.  The great thing about San Diego's rise is the possibility they once again go to Indy to knock them out of the playoffs.  Let's hope the seeding works out accordingly.  Things can change quickly in the NFL, but this year has a lot more upper crust teams than usual.  Barring an upset in the playoffs, this year's SB is going to have two exceptional teams going at it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soyi3oy. Show soyi3oy's posts

The Saints are the best team in the league right now, hands down. You'll see for yourselves Monday night. Vikings, Pats, Colts, Bengals: candles in the sun. Looking forward to a good game fellas.

42 -27 Saints

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]The Saints are the best team in the league right now, hands down. You'll see for yourselves Monday night. Vikings, Pats, Colts, Bengals: candles in the sun. Looking forward to a good game fellas. 42 -27 Saints
    Posted by soyi3oy[/QUOTE]

Funny, we are one of three teams that have a better Defense, QB, Offense, and Coach, what exactly makes the Saints the best team in football? 

The Saints are overhyped. 

Colts
    Vikings       
    Patriots
    Saints
    Bengals

That would be my top 5. The Colts, Vikings, and Patriots all have better QBs, defenses, and offenses. Who's the best QB the Saints have faced so far- Eli Manning. That fake defense is going to get crushed my friend.

You better hope Fred Taylor doesn't play- Sammy Morris will, though. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

We can all debate the merits of the Saints football team, fact is they are 10-0.  Sure, they've had some close games but what team hasn't and can't be considered somewhat lucky.  Bottom line, for Pats to win on Monday night, they need to bring their "A" game.  And, play for 4 quarters.  Superbowl preview, not this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Superbowl 44 preview:
    [QUOTE]If you wanna know what the Show is gonna look like this year, tune in monday night. I think it will be a sign of things to come in February.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]

Could be, but the Vikings seem to be playing a little better on defense now than the Aints. If the Vikes and Saints squared off today my money is on Minnesota.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm rooting for the Saints, but it would be nice for my Colts to be the last undefeated team again.  Plus, I keep playing scenarios in my head, and I'd love to have a situation where the Pats can take care of SD prior to the AFCCG.  Too many what-ifs right now, but it seems like SD and NE might be destined to be the 2 & 3 seeds, which would be perfect for the Colts...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the Saints are going to be tough.  I think we're going to have our hands full in the playoffs though.  The great thing about San Diego's rise is the possibility they once again go to Indy to knock them out of the playoffs.  Let's hope the seeding works out accordingly.  Things can change quickly in the NFL, but this year has a lot more upper crust teams than usual.  Barring an upset in the playoffs, this year's SB is going to have two exceptional teams going at it.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

In the AFCCG, that's the only way it's happening. SD will be the #2 seed with a bye.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Indy will not be in the AFC title game. I could see Indy going 16-0 and losing their first playoff game in pathetic Indy playoff choking fashion. the refs already gave Peyton a Super Bowl and the refs know all eyes will be on them after fixing another game last Sunday. I think New England, San Diego, Cincy and the Steelers could all beat Indy in the playoffs. Minny is the class of the NFC if Favre can hold up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Superbowl 44 preview : In the AFCCG, that's the only way it's happening. SD will be the #2 seed with a bye.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I'll admit SD has the easiest schedule left.... BUT they still got 2 hard games IMO
    KC
    @ Clev
    @ Dal
    Cincy
    @ Tenn
    Was

Dallas & Cincy will be tuff games for the Bolts...

Like I said, New England just has to win out and they win get the #2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we had the colts 31-14 in the 4th qtr,and lost.if the saints put up huge numbers,and win.the only thing it will point to is an early exit out of the playoffs.until the defense can shut down teams like this we shouldnt worry about the superbowl.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

The NFC certainly will not be represented by the Vikings. Has anyone looked at their strength of schedule. Their opponents have a combined record of 28-52 yikes!! It is not their fault and they have beaten all these teams but it is hardly good practice for the playoffs. They struggled with Baltimore and lost to Pittsburgh. New Orleans has played a tougher schedule.

In the playoffs I would count on Favre making a key mistake before Brees. Remember the year the Pat's played the Giants in the superbowl the Packers were driving to take the lead and Favre threw a pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]The NFC certainly will not be represented by the Vikings. Has anyone looked at their strength of schedule. Their opponents have a combined record of 28-52 yikes!! It is not their fault and they have beaten all these teams but it is hardly good practice for the playoffs. They struggled with Baltimore and lost to Pittsburgh. New Orleans has played a tougher schedule. In the playoffs I would count on Favre making a key mistake before Brees. Remember the year the Pat's played the Giants in the superbowl the Packers were driving to take the lead and Favre threw a pick.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]

I think you might be forgetting that the Steelers played a great game - and they had Troy healthy.  The Steelers are better than any team the Saints have played, without a doubt. 

I think the Steelers and Baltimore could beat the Saints.  If anyone can put pressure on Brees and have good secondary play, they can beat the Saints.  The Saints D is getting "exposed" if you want to say it that way, they're giving up more points and aren't as formidable as they were earlier this year.  After all, they gave up 36 to Miami and 23 to St. Louis. 

If Morris is back, expect a heavy dose of Morris and Maroney this upcoming week.  They'll probably run and run and run on them, then run play-action once the run is established.. I think Moss and Welker will have big games and Edelman will come up in key spots again.. just a feeling.

BUT for them to win they have to continue to score in the second half and keep pressure going all through the game - they need Green back on the D-line for depth.

If we're predicting scores like that ridiculous Saints fan did...

35-24 Pats

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

My post was not meant to praise the Saints it was just to show that the Viking may not be as dominant as people think. I also agree that the Patriots will beat the Saints. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

I cant believe how many people are on the Cincy bandwagon, they ARE HORRIBLE I dont care what record they have, yeah they beat Pitt (X2) but still... come on.
    So did KC, and Chi.  I am not ready to put Cincy anywhere near the top of the league. They have losses to Oak, Hou, and Den ( we are seeing how good they are too ). Talk about a team losing the first playoff game, it will be Cincy.  They have had a few good games, and lucky ones too, but to put them in the top 5 is a really good joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

LOL

You beat a crappy team (who probably would have beat you if they hadn't thrown those INT's) and now you're #1 again?  LOL

Enjoy your victory.  You can't beat good teams.  Because to beat a good team you have to be a good team.  You are not a good team.  LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Are you serious? Are we really going to be "those fans"??? If a colts fan said that we would be all over them for it. Dont jump the gun we might not even make it to the AFC title game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Answers to these posts:

1) Pats will win Monday nights. (we are like Rocky, it won't be pretty but we are not going down again)

2) Bolts will be doing the SuperBowl Buckle..the fold is only a few games away. (This is where LT gets hurt ..yeah right... and has to sit out the big game and the bolts fold to a team they should beat)

3) Pats will go on to the SB vs Vikings

Like Will Sonet use to say..No brags, just facts.

Sections
Shortcuts