Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year

Lots of Patriots fans were crying when BB didn't draft Mark Ingram last year.  I guess BB knows a thing or two after all and maybe we should all just shut the F*#k up and let him run his team while we sit back and continue to enjoy them winning year after year!

Per Rotoworld

Mark Ingram underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Thursday and will be sidelined for the next six weeks.

It's Ingram's third known surgery since August of 2010 and second on the knee, which was also "scoped" just prior to his final college season. The recovery timeline given suggests this is another routine scope, although it's a growing concern for a player multiple teams reportedly removed from their boards leading up to the 2011 draft due to knee worries. Ingram's other surgery was an operation to repair a turf-toe injury in January. Ingram will enter the 2012 season with medical red flags in addition to preexisting workload concerns.
    May 4 - 7:00 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year:
    In Response to Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : This is very good point.  If BB had decided to trade up 5 spots from 33 and take Ingram, he would have never gotten the rugged, never injured RasI Dowling.  This is why Bill is to be trusted at all times.  It's not like he drafts chumps like Meriweather in the first round and Butler in the second and cuts them before they make it through their rookie contracts.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Jet

I have a hunch you secretly love the Pats; why else would you be here so much? (Well, love and hate are not so far apart sometimes.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Memories!

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat:SportsForum:9690&plckCurrentPage=373

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is very good point.  If BB had decided to trade up 5 spots from 33 and take Ingram, he would have never gotten the rugged, never injured RasI Dowling.  This is why Bill is to be trusted at all times.  It's not like he drafts chumps like Meriweather in the first round and Butler in the second and cuts them before they make it through their rookie contracts. 

Wow.. and here I was thinking we owned the pick that we traded to the saints that they used to grab Ingram last year. Wait that makes sense cause Goodell took their second rounder this year cause they didnt have a first this year due to a trade last year . You know the Hightower pick. Yeah Ingram is in reality Hightower to us. Good deal eh? So I'll trust BB.. you know...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He had degenerative arthritis at a very young age & that is what scared teams off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow.. and here I was thinking we owned the pick that we traded to the saints that they used to grab Ingram last year. Wait that makes sense cause Goodell took their second rounder this year cause they didnt have a first this year due to a trade last year . You know the Hightower pick. Yeah Ingram is in reality Hightower to us. Good deal eh? So I'll trust BB.. you know...

Oh I'm so sorry... my bad. Ingram is even better to us cause he's really Jones! Not too shabby on BB's non reach last year.. eh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Funny how JetMaggot chimes in on this.  Lets see here, the best draft pick the Jets had under Rex Ryan was... Um???  hmmm??  can't think of one.  I think they only had one good draft pick in the last decade and that was Revis under Eric Mangini.  I don't think JetMaggot is qualified to be making any appearances in any draft threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Damn...I was the second post....."I would be shocked if he made it to 33!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

BB has drafted more all pros then any other team since 2003 thats gotta say somthing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Hey Jets fan:Last year was another mediocre season under BB with 15 wins. When has your fat boy foot fetish coach won 15 games? Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

For what it's worth, the 33rd pick was from carolina. The new orleans trade endes up being shane vareen and chandler jones for mark ingram. #28 for #56 and the 2012 1st.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : This is very good point.  If BB had decided to trade up 5 spots from 33 and take Ingram, he would have never gotten the rugged, never injured RasI Dowling.  This is why Bill is to be trusted at all times.  It's not like he drafts chumps like Meriweather in the first round and Butler in the second and cuts them before they make it through their rookie contracts.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Enjoy sitting home, watching us in the playoffs again this year. bwa ha ha ha . loser!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

For what it's worth, the 33rd pick was from carolina. The new orleans trade endes up being shane vareen and chandler jones for mark ingram. #28 for #56 and the 2012 1st.
    Posted by Skadude22
    I'd make that trade even if Ingram was healthy. Not that either one has really done anything in the NFL, but there is a lot of potential there, and Ingram, even when healthy, didn't show us anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad we didn't draft Roger Ingram (world famous trumpet player), although I'm sure he has a better forty than BJGE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : Wrong.  Name them.
    Posted by JetMangione

Well maggotoni,
    Since you are the one disputing it, it would be up to you to provide evidence to the contrary.  SWEEP!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year :
    In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : Well maggotoni, Since you are the one disputing it, it would be up to you to provide evidence to the contrary.  SWEEP!!! Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE Yes, from here on out, everything posted on this forum is true until it is proven false.  Idiot.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Most people have opinions.  Yours are irrelevant.
    Most intelligent posters would dispute arguments with facts not opinion.
    You obviously can't supply the facts.
    You are neither intelligent nor factual.
    In other words, a waste of space.
    SWEEP!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : Wrong.  Name them.
    Posted by JetMangione

This is not a proof of the claim but without going into detailed verification it points to the fact that BB has done a pretty great job:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The New England Patriots and Cleveland's old friend, Bill Belichick, find more stars through the NFL Draft than any other team

Fifteen AP All-Pros from 2002-11, excluding special-teams players, were drafted by the Patriots since quarterback Rich Gannon in 1987, dating back to before Belichick was the coach. Not surprisingly, the Patriots have won more games than any other team over the last 10 seasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

If you are unable to name them, you can just admit it. You won't look any more stupid than you always do. No need to lash out.
    Posted by JetMangione

Again maggotioni, you said the statement was "wrong", now prove it.
    That's the way it works in the real world.
    Either sh1t or get off the pot.
    Constipated much?
    SWEEP!!!
    http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2012/04/new_england_patriots_best_clev.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : As a franchise, the Jets have drafted more probowlers than the patsies.
    Posted by JetMangione

Maybe they can win the Pro Bowl . . .  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : Martians have been living on Earth for 50 years.
    Posted by JetMangione

When did you turn 50?
    The statement was that " BB has drafted more all pros than any since 2003".
    It is correct.
    Pats 15, jest 8.  get over it!
    SWEEP!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year:
    Lots of Patriots fans were crying when BB didn't draft Mark Ingram last year.  I guess BB knows a thing or two after all and maybe we should all just shut the F*#k up and let him run his team while we sit back and continue to enjoy them winning year after year! Per Rotoworld Mark Ingram underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Thursday and will be sidelined for the next six weeks. It's Ingram's third known surgery since August of 2010 and second on the knee, which was also "scoped" just prior to his final college season. The recovery timeline given suggests this is another routine scope, although it's a growing concern for a player multiple teams reportedly removed from their boards leading up to the 2011 draft due to knee worries. Ingram's other surgery was an operation to repair a turf-toe injury in January. Ingram will enter the 2012 season with medical red flags in addition to preexisting workload concerns. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter May 4 - 7:00 PM
    Posted by TFB12

Why should we have to sit back as fans, and not have an opinion? That's why we are fans! BB is a great coach, and has been good at evaluating free agents, and, for the most part, with his trades. The only chink in his armour has been the actual draft selects he's made.

This year, I hated the Tavon Wilson pick, for reasons previously stated in great detail, in other threads. On the same token, last year, I didn't like Mark Ingram. At the time he was drafted, I stated that he wasn't even the best RB on his college team...Trent Richardson was. Plus, I felt that Ingram was damaged goods, coming off a knee injury in college. To me, and, apparently, to BB, not selecting Ingram was a no brainer. 

This issue on the 28th overall pick in 2011 was whether the Patriots should use the pick on DE/DT Muhammad Wilkerson, or to trade down. Though the jury is still out on Wilkerson, time will tell whether the Patriots made the right choice. In exchange for not selecting Wilkerson at #28, the Pats added RB Shane Vereen, and got the 27th overall pick this year...which they flipped to get DE/OLB Chandler Jones. 

Wilkerson was last years' Michael Brockers. Although he didn't show all that much in his rookie season, he started, and flashed potential: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/wilkerson_holding_his_own_on_line_
    5FGBejx4pguHynnduiSYbO
    , and
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/11984/jets-draft-preview-defensive-line-2.

Shane Vereen showed nothing last year, primarily due a lingering hamstring problem. Chandler Jones is an exciting guy...with the potential to become the Pats' next Willie McGinest, or be even better. How these two players perform in 2012 will go a long way towards determining how just how far the Patriots can go.      

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I've seen JetManigione on the GreenGang forum. It's always the same old thing. "Come on gang, the Pat's are wooping our butts again". "If were not even the best NFL team in NY"! "Keep it up and I'm going to become a Pat's fan again"! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts