Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year

The latest news on Ras-I Dowling that I can dig up:

He was starting last September, with lots of time on the field.  He damaged a hip tendon, that reportedly would have healed on its own but they had surgery so that it would heal better.

He's "hitting all his checkpoints", so I would expect him to be starting at cornerback next September.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4718417/following-up-on-ras-i-dowling

Ingram missed weeks 8, 9, and 14 until the end of the season last year.  I agree that he sounds like an off-and-on deal for the rest of his career.  Put a zipper on his knee for easy surgical access.

The Patriots essentially picked up Chandler Jones with the traded first rounder. So far I really like that pick, a bit raw but he'll get good by December.  He could become the NFL's premier pass deflector with his reach and his jump.

Shane Vereen was the interest earned on the trade to the Saints.  The 22 year old rookie only made the field in week 11, he looked fast, he started getting into the regular rotation in week 12, and he got his hammy reinjured in week 12.  He should be more experienced and good to go in September.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

This is funny.. a Jet fan is actually arguing quality of drafts?  Quality of Coaching?  Quality of Play?  Are you serious lol?  Why are you all talking to this chump?  Is it fun toying with him.. Its cruel is what it is.  You all should be ashamed of yourself.. You dont make fun of handicaped people on the side of the street do you?  Jets fans are the same thing.. they just dont know any better.  Poor little guy..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ha, BB at the Derby and smiling!
    Superfector Picks
    Take charge Indy
    Union Rags
    Hanson
    Gemologist.
    Long shot: Sabercat
    Unsure of Bodemeister

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year:

As a franchise, the Jets have drafted more probowlers than the patsies.
    Posted by JetMangione

Maybe they can win the Pro Bowl . . .  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Bwahahahahahaha!!  This is golden!  Well done prolate0spheroid!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Ingram looked great the year he won the heisman, Emmit Smith like with his balance and strength. Once he became injured, after the heisman, he wasn't the same. It turned out to be the right move for the Patriots, good trade as they end up with the saints first round pick and are able to get both Jones and Hightower this year. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year:
    In Response to Re: Sure glad the Patriots didn't draft Mark Ingram last year : Bwahahahahahaha!!  This is golden!  Well done prolate0spheroid!
    Posted by TFB12

I usually try to stay out of these silly pissing contests, but JetMangione served up one heck of a fat one there . . . 

Sections
Shortcuts