Surprise cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Surprise cuts

In Response to Re: Surprise cuts:
    Not negative just realistic yes he did good thingss here till the end,then went down fast,if he just kept his mouth shut and played he might still be here.Its all good till he doesnt get his way.
    Posted by lippa

If Albert plays like Moss did at his position and then flakes out after a few years then this deal will go down as one sided as the Moss deal did. As in border line theft for New England!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Surprise cuts:
    In Response to Re: Surprise cuts : I'd hope not.  I'd rather put my faith in a guy coming off injury than coming off not wanting to play.
    Posted by McCheaters

So says a the guy whos team picked up a OLB with 22 starts and ZERO sacks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Surprise cuts:
    After looking at some of the predictions for the 53 man roster I am adding my surprise cuts.  Gary Guyton:  Dana Fletcher is outplaying him.  If Spikes is healthy, Guyton may be cut.  White is a better special teams player than guyton Branch:  In his last year of his contract.  He becomes expendable becouse of Chad and Price.  I think the choice will come down to keeping Edelman or Branch.  Edelman is a better backup for Welker.  Tate was a 3rd round pick with speed potential.  Branch is only capable of about 12 games per year. Time to think of the future as well as the present.
    Posted by msteven

Deion Branch is my surprise cut - he can't stay healthy and Chad Johnson makes him redundant.  Otherwise, Chad Johnson would be my surprise cut.  I just don't see the need for three or four receivers with the same skillset, and that's what I see when I look at Branch, Welker, Ochocinco, and Edelman

Keep three of them, tops

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't see CJ making Branch redundant. Not with Branch's knowledge of the offense and Brady. Perhaps redundant from a physical / route running standpoint, but you can't replace experience.
    I believe CJ, Branch , Welker and Price are locks. The rest of the WR corps is up for grabs.

I'm not sure there will be any "surprise" cuts. I think most of the guys that get cut, are guys we have been talking about as on the bubble..The Tate's, Edelman's, Slaters, Farnhams, Butler, etc., etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Don Criqui told me he thinks TODD Light will be a surprise Pats cut (lol)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No way Branch gets cut.  That would certainly be a surprise for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Said as simple and correct as possible-great thread!In Response to Re: Surprise cuts:
    In Response to Re: Surprise cuts : If Albert plays like Moss did at his position and then flakes out after a few years then this deal will go down as one sided as the Moss deal did. As in border line theft for New England!
    Posted by TrueChamp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Wright, although he could end up on PUP instead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

IF ANY WR is going to get cutt, it looks like it's going to be Tate.

Brandon Tate has missed more than a week due to an undisclosed injury.

Tate is not having a good preseason. The new kickoff rules really put a damper on his value and Julian Edelman is ahead of him as a punt returner. Matthew Slater is also likely to make the team as a special teamer. Tate is squarely on the roster bubble. - roto

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatBoard. Show PatBoard's posts

I agree with Wright - Reiss has good insight and sources into the Patriots (moreso than the beat writers from globe/herald).  He usually behaves himself though and does not let the cat out of the bag often (you can tell from his blogs that he knows when something is going to happen and hints at it but doesn't reveal the whole story). 

He said that Wright didn't seem "right" in camp earlier and was somewhat concerned. 

I think BB might keep Gerad Warren - he likes the guy as said in past interviews

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The more I read the more I agree with Wright getting cut.  I think the OL is shaping up now.  The DL is a work in progress and will take a while to shake out.  THe safety position is another area that I concider a work in progress.  Merriweather will not be there by the end of the preseason.   Sanders needs to get on the field.  I am still going with Branch as my surprise cut.  I do not think he brings enough to the table.  Final year of his contract, and not the key receiver.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm thinking Tate; not advocating it, just thinking it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I think they leave camp with about 8 guys on the PUP including Brace, Deaderick, Faulk, Wright and at least one LB and maybe a WR (Tate?).  So it really becomes an exercise to get to 61

Sections
Shortcuts