Swiss cheese defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootj. Show scootj's posts

Swiss cheese defense

Welker or not this team cant stop anybody. Worse Pats defense in 10 years. Ravens will punish the pats on the ground. If they somehow win the game Rivers or Manning will throw for 400 yards against them in round 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Swiss cheese defense

Im not so sure that the Ravens will run all over this defense, but you never know.  One thing Im sure of is that Rivers will scorch this defense like Brees did. But hey, you never know.  One can only hope that doesnt happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Then why even watch the games? Nascar is comming soon. We're not beat until the last second ticks off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from G0Pats. Show G0Pats's posts

If Both Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren play then the Ravens wont be able to run for as many yards as one would think. Those two change the dynamic of the front 4 of the Pats defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Welker or not this team cant stop anybody. Worse Pats defense in 10 years. Ravens will punish the pats on the ground. If they somehow win the game Rivers or Manning will throw for 400 yards against them in round 2." 

Next time the bandwagon stops, that would be a good time for you to step off. That's the great thing about imperfect teams, it cleanses us of fair weather fans who can only root for heavy favorites.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

This thread smells like limburger cheese.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I really don't think the defense is as bad as some suggest. It still ranks among the top in fewest points allowed, which is the name of the game.

What has happened this year was that the defense got younger and more athletic, which many have been crying for the past two years. Young players go through growing pains, and that's what we've seen on defense. Some great play but unable to close out some games in the fourth. I think that will come.

I like the defense overall. Belichick needs to find at least one great pass rusher in the offseason and that will help a young secondary that has IMO potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

THANKS, scootj for the post.  Your comprehensive insight about the Patriots is invaluable. I can now relax this weekend and forget about watching the Patriots play since you have already deemed them losers in the playoffs.  Why go through the frustration? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

If Wilfork leaves, this defense could get worse.  Imagine that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"If Wilfork leaves, this defense could get worse.  Imagine that!"

Wilfork has been gone for a while.  In his absence, the unknown rookie was buried in the middle for a few games.  Strange to say, but opponents weren't scoring too often on that masked fat man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Don't watch, win, lose, or draw at least we have a team out there and they are going to play a game.  Go root for the Colts or another frontrunner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Thanks guys.

I was debating if I should watch the playoffs or go do some house chores...Thanks to the insightful comments on this thread, I now understand that the Patriots should actually be resting their starters to avoid any more injuries. I will not waste my Sundays watching or rooting for the Patriots.

Oh, by the way, I am told that the Browns and the Raiders are looking for some fans - and they are not very picky - even fair weather ones are welcome at this time. 

Good bye now !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

If your the Ravens WHY would you bother to run ? Just pass, pass  and pass, PATS CAN'T STOP ANYONE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Quick observation, Wilfork and Warren play on 1st/2nd down, then they usually are replaced by Burgess, etc. on passing downs.  Bottom line, they don't help the pass rush as they are run stuffers. 

It has got be the scheme....maybe Pees.....but then again he wsn't even at the game at the end last week proving that the team is what it is. 

I think the problem lies somewhere in LB corp.  We need another edge rusher. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I fully expect to see the defensive front 7 addressed in the offseason when it comes to bringing back, adding free agents, and continuing to get younger in the draft. Next year some of our young players will either get it or get let go. So I think you'll see some progress next year as our 2nd and 3rd year players make more adjustments to the NFL. Better coaching by Pee's or his replacement would also help, along with a clock killing 2nd half offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

you said it wizard.  a second half offense. with the exception of the NO game, we were in the lead or very close at half time.  how many times this year have we had those killer 7-10 minute drives in the second half.  not many, and none in the games where we've blown leads in the 4th quarter.  this spells poor half time adjustments, being out-coached, and not controlling the clock.  run the ball more (hopefully with taylor and morris and faulk we can), run on first down for once!  I hope brady was right, the Ravens should have really no idea what offense to write their game plan for.  Mix it up, confuse them.  on the d-side of the ball, the 2nd half has looked more like prevent...maybe that's because we lack a pass rush.  that seems to be our biggest weakness.

Sections
Shortcuts