T. Nunn released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: T. Nunn released

2007 (15/15, 1/1 - Tampa Bay): "Started 15 regular season games and one playoff game ... Finished season with 57 receptions for 1,014 yards (17.8 avg.) with six touchdowns ... His 17.8 yards per catch average ranked second in the NFL ... Became the first Buccaneer to post three consecutive and three overall 1,000 yard receiving seasons ... Eclipsed 10,000 career receiving yards at Detroit (10/21) ... 43 of his 57 catches resulted in a first down or touchdown."

This is with Jeff garcia throwing him the ball. 17.8 YPC 2ND IN THE NFL the last time he played a whole season.(2007) 43 of his 57 catches resulted in a 1st down or td. That equals reliable good hands and go to on 3rd downs. Not a bad #3 if you ask me, like you said Lewis maybe but not Joey G

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Stats are fun:

Mike Vrabel in 2007: 12.5 sacks
    Mike Vrabel in 2008: 4 sacks

Adalius in 2006: 11 sacks
    Adalius in 2007 with a new team in a new system: 6.5  He got 5 in 2008.

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance; especially when the player is in the upper limits of a players career span.  I'm not saying Galloway su%ks.  I just wanted to go with the future, and not someone who will likely be around for a single year.  Why did Tampa cut him?  If they thought he would repeat his 2007 stats, why did he get cut?  I hope he does repeat his stats.  My point is that this is an honest debate.  I don't think it's an open and shut case either way.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released:
    [QUOTE]Stats are fun: Mike Vrabel in 2007: 12.5 sacks Mike Vrabel in 2008: 4 sacks Adalius in 2006: 11 sacks Adalius in 2007 with a new team in a new system: 6.5  He got 5 in 2008. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance; especially when the player is in the upper limits of a players career span.  I'm not saying Galloway su%ks.  I just wanted to go with the future, and not someone who will likely be around for a single year.  Why did Tampa cut him?  If they thought he would repeat his 2007 stats, why did he get cut?  I hope he does repeat his stats.  My point is that this is a

Fair enough!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

I am not saying he is a better receiver because he is a vet I am saying he is a better receiver then Nunn period.(IMO)
    Posted by TrueChamp

Fair enough, but your statement is a bit unclear (and thanks for no drama about your mind being boggled and everyone else is a child). At 23 to 25 years of age Galloway is better than Nunn at 23 to 25 years of age. That is reasonable. Are you saying that at 38 years of age (Galloway turns 38 in November), Galloway is better than Nunn at 23 years of age? Maybe because Nunn is a rookie but Galloway's grasp of the Pats playbook has been slow. Are you saying at 39 years of age Galloway is better than Nunn at 24 years of age (with one year of the Pats system under his belt)? Are you saying that at 40 years of age that Galloway is better than Nunn at 25 years of age? What most on this thread are saying is that we would like to see Nunn around for a long time - obviously Galloway is 38 so he will not be here for a long time.

You don't have a ball clank off your hands because you are not familiar with Brady's hard throws when you have been training with Brady for a month. Sorry I can not see that. Brady only throws soft passes in practice?

Nunn was one of the first players signed by BB to the practice squad. Interesting. BB obviously sees something in the kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

One if By Sea,

I'm not calling you a child it's a saying Chad Ochocinco uses on Hard Knocks which I highly suggest to any football fan.   Anyway with Nunn making the PS everyone here should be happy(except all the trolls masquerading as Pat fans talking trash about BB).  Rereading this thread I'm LOL'ing at everyone freaking out that BB has lost his mind.  

Also the team is much better off this season with Galloway here as they would be with Seymour.  If it's the future at WR you're worried about Randy and Wes are going to be here for a bit and we did use a 3rd round pick on Tate who would have been drafted much higher had he not failed a drug test at the combine.  So I don't see a problem with the future at WR.

You can't be serious that you think Galloway has stone hands(you're being quite ignorant if you believe this). Google him and check out his career stats.  Everyone drops balls on occasion.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Fair enough, but your statement is a bit unclear (and thanks for no drama about your mind being boggled and everyone else is a child). At 23 to 25 years of age Galloway is better than Nunn at 23 to 25 years of age. That is reasonable. Are you saying that at 38 years of age (Galloway turns 38 in November), Galloway is better than Nunn at 23 years of age? Maybe because Nunn is a rookie but Galloway's grasp of the Pats playbook has been slow. Are you saying at 39 years of age Galloway is better than Nunn at 24 years of age (with one year of the Pats system under his belt)? Are you saying that at 40 years of age that Galloway is better than Nunn at 25 years of age? What most on this thread are saying is that we would like to see Nunn around for a long time - obviously Galloway is 38 so he will not be here for a long time. You don't have a ball clank off your hands because you are not familiar with Brady's hard throws when you have been training with Brady for a month. Sorry I can not see that. Brady only throws soft passes in practice? Nunn was one of the first players signed by BB to the practice squad. Interesting. BB obviously sees something in the kid.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Im not sure about what your talking about with mind being boggled and the child thing. I think galloway is a 1 year deal although I can't remember for sure. I'm not sure where you received your coaching credentials to make a statement that Joey G is slow to learn the playbook. How could you possibly come to that conclusion? Do you know what plays the Pats are calling. I do not think we have used Galloway as a deep threat which is his main attribute because again it is preseason. Check the 2007 stats I put up near the top Galloway is a good wr at 34/35/36 and he will be good on this squad at 37. If I am still not being clear then yes at 37 galloway is better then Nunn. Unless you know more then coach belichick does I suspect that is a factual statement! He is a first down machine with a 17.8 ypc average. What is Nunns? 17.8 was second in the league in 2007. I wonder what that can be with Tom brady throwing him the deep ball? Last I checked brady has the best deep ball in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Im not sure about what your talking about with mind being boggled and the child thing. I think galloway is a 1 year deal although I can't remember for sure. I'm not sure where you received your coaching credentials to make a statement that Joey G is slow to learn the playbook. How could you possibly come to that conclusion? Do you know what plays the Pats are calling. I do not think we have used Galloway as a deep threat which is his main attribute because again it is preseason. Check the 2007 stats I put up near the top Galloway is a good wr at 34/35/36 and he will be good on this squad at 37. If I am still not being clear then yes at 37 galloway is better then Nunn. Unless you know more then coach belichick does I suspect that is a factual statement! He is a first down machine with a 17.8 ypc average. What is Nunns? 17.8 was second in the league in 2007. I wonder what that can be with Tom brady throwing him the deep ball? Last I checked brady has the best deep ball in the league.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I do not think peformance at 34/35/36 indicates performance at 38/39/40. Ideally we could have a Galloway at 24 or 25, but since we can't, I would  prefer to have Nunn for three to five years instead of Galloway for one year (IMO).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

galloway will take a hit and need a hip replacement at some point this season. Tate, Edelman, Nunn... WR core of the future!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Nice call!  I'm ecstatic.  Do you know under what conditions a player can be called up to the game roster?
    Posted by FLACFAN

Players can be moved to the active roster when there is an opening.

Unfortunately, any team can access any other team's practice squad in the same way. But they HAVE to be added to the ACTIVE roster of the team that claims them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

Joey has done nuthin' this preseason.. but IN BILL WE TRUST...
    Posted by ednlou01

That's why it's called PRESEASON..IN BILL WE TRUST...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : I do not think peformance at 34/35/36 indicates performance at 38/39/40. Ideally we could have a Galloway at 24 or 25, but since we can't, I would  prefer to have Nunn for three to five years instead of Galloway for one year (IMO).
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Its a good thing we don't need to worry about 38/39/40 We are looking at this season and this season he can still run and stretch defenses into the secondary thus opening up middle of the field. This is why he is here, this is why he is a Patriot.

Sections
Shortcuts