T. Nunn released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Re: T. Nunn released

To all the morons itt,

How did Randy Moss look in the preseason his 1st year here?  Galloway played sparingly and had a drop big freaking deal.  When the games actually count he will be arguably the best #3 WR in the league.  

The guy had 1 injury plagued season last year(3 straight 1000 yard seasons 04-07 as the #1 WR with scrubs throwing him the ball) and now you want him cut for some guy that wasn't even good enough to be drafted?  All 32 teams decided he wasn't even worth a 7th round pick and you want to cut Galloway? CHILD PLEASE!

I can see that the guy did some things well in the preseason games however I haven't made it down to camp everyday(been a couple days) so how the hell do you know how well or poorly he did there?  I can somewhat see thinking he might be better than Lewis, but better than Joey CHILD PLEASE!

All you guys hating on Belichick the 2nd greatest thing to ever happen to this franchise(after Mr. Kraft) need to GTFO.  He knows his team a helluva lot better than any of us.  I'm not trying to be mean but some of you are either trying to stir the pot, trolls, or just plain stupid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released:
    In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : I am very happy for Nunn and I hope he reads this board to see how people appreciate his effort and courage. Last year he must have had doubts and questioned himself, but now he has two offers and I presume an offer on the Patriots practice squad. I am sure he is happy that the Patriots gave him a chance and now he can build on that. Congratulations to T Nunn for never letting go of his dream and I wish him all the best on his future!!!
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Well said!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Career Stats:

YDS     # Rec    TD

Galloway  10,710    682       77
    Nunn       0           0           0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Perhaps someone can explain the infatuation football fans have with the hottest new rookies ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

2010 Season Stats:

Galloway - Retired
    Nunn - 60 rec 700 yds

I think this is the point some, at least myself, am trying to make.  I am not saying Nunn is a better player than Galloway.  That would be a bold statement.  I am saying that:

1. We have a pretty darn good receiving corps even without Galloway.  Our 1-2 punch is one of, if not the best in the NFL.

2. Assuming item 1 above is correct, and also assuming Galloway is not the missing ingredient to a Lombardi, why not take care of your future by retaining a promising WR over someone who will likely be here for only a year?  Is Galloway the guy that will put us over the top this year?  If not, go with youth.

In Bill I trust.  Some days that is easy to do, and other days it's a bit harder.  Going back to something I said in another thread, there are two types of extremists on this board; those who think the Pats do nothing but make mistakes, and those who think the Pats haven't made a single bad personnel move since BB was here.  Both camps need to get a grip on reality.  Therein lies the debate and discussion.  Nobody here in their right mind thinks they know what is better for the Pats than BB does.  But BB does not hit a bullseye with every single decision he makes.  Speculating and guessing about which decisions are strokes of genius, and which ones we'll regret is kinda the purpose for a board like this, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to T. Nunn released:
     With the release of Nunn it appears that dropsy Joey gets the call. This I find upsetting. What say you?
    Posted by sonieboy

Completely agree, my friend. Nunn should have made the team, and Galloway should have gone away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm hoping he put his feelers out and feels pretty good that Nunn will clear waivers.  I think there is little chance of that, but I'm dusting off some old crow recipes just in case I need to eat a good helping.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Nunn and Ventrone should be on the team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To all the morons itt, How did Randy Moss look in the preseason his 1st year here?  Galloway played sparingly and had a drop big freaking deal.  When the games actually count he will be arguably the best #3 WR in the league.   The guy had 1 injury plagued season last year(3 straight 1000 yard seasons 04-07 as the #1 WR with scrubs throwing him the ball) and now you want him cut for some guy that wasn't even good enough to be drafted?  All 32 teams decided he wasn't even worth a 7th round pick and you want to cut Galloway? CHILD PLEASE! I can see that the guy did some things well in the preseason games however I haven't made it down to camp everyday(been a couple days) so how the hell do you know how well or poorly he did there?  I can somewhat see thinking he might be better than Lewis, but better than Joey CHILD PLEASE! All you guys hating on Belichick the 2nd greatest thing to ever happen to this franchise(after Mr. Kraft) need to GTFO.  He knows his team a helluva lot better than any of us.  I'm not trying to be mean but some of you are either trying to stir the pot, trolls, or just plain stupid.
    Posted by Trox1

I agree 100% Galloway is a proven nfl caliber veteran who was brought in for 1 reason, to stretch the field and open things up across the middle for Welker and co. Nunn may or may not be a good wr in this league but why take a chance on him now when you know what  you have in Galloway. The posts are hilarious why people think they know more then any NFL coach let alone BB. I understand the "being a fan point" and wanted to post your comments and critisicms but lets be realistic here. Galloway at #3 is going to hurt defenses bad this year in more ways then 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agentcooper. Show agentcooper's posts

Thomas trade was the shocker to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Perhaps someone can explain the infatuation football fans have with the hottest new rookies ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I heard a rumor that all of the players in the Pro Bowl last year started off as rookies.  Some were complete surprises, and some were hyped coming out of college.  I heard another rumor that all of the players for all of the SB winners in the history of the NFL started off as rookies.

We have a lot of killjoys on this board.  Some folks want to eliminate all speculation and guessing and just stick to cold hard facts.  I can just imagine how the threads would look:

Maroney Rushes for 123 Yards!

Post 1. Did you see that Maroney rushed for 123 yards?
    Post 2. Yeah, if he broke that one tackle he might have gotten 125 yards.
    Post 3. Oh, I forgot about that.
    Post 4. Hey guys, it just occurred to me, that if all we are going to do is talk about cold hard facts, wouldn't it be easier to just read the Monday sports column with the game summary?  Why even bother posting?
    Post 5. Good point.  
    Post 6. Maroney rots! He should have been traded.
    Post 7. You think you know better than BB?  Get a clue you low life!  I hope you get banned for speculating on this factual forum.
    Post 8. I used to think Maroney danced a lot.  He's still with the team, so I'll just accept that I'm totally wrong.
    Post 9. We got Deltha O'Neal today!  I had my doubts, but he is a veteran.  The Pats were able to study his game tapes in-depth.  They wouldn't put him on the team as a starter if he wasn't good.
    Post 10. O'Neil will be terrible.  We are in trouble if he is our starter.
    Post 11. There goes another troll speculator!  Don't you think the Pats know better than you do about evaluating talent?  You think you can evaluate CB's better than the coaching staff?  Ban this idiot!
    Post 12.  Now that the speculators are gone, back to real football.  Did Maroney run mostly to the left or the right the last game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : I agree 100% Galloway is a proven nfl caliber veteran who was brought in for 1 reason, to stretch the field and open things up across the middle for Welker and co. Nunn may or may not be a good wr in this league but why take a chance on him now when you know what  you have in Galloway. The posts are hilarious why people think they know more then any NFL coach let alone BB. I understand the "being a fan point" and wanted to post your comments and critisicms but lets be realistic here. Galloway at #3 is going to hurt defenses bad this year in more ways then 1.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Here is an analogy or two to explain the views of myself and others:

Let's dump Guyton and pick up Zach Thomas.  Zach is a former Pro-Bowler who established himself in the league.  Last year was his only year where his performance was marginal.  He was in a new team in a new system so cut him some slack.  Who knows if Guyton can be an every down LB.  We don't even know if he can stay healthy.  Wasn't he injured for a few games last year?  Now of course I do not support taking Zach over Guyton.  Just making a point that it's easy to find an established vet who has done more in more real games than some of our rookies or younger players.

I can probably make that same case for most of our rookie class this year.  A lot of good players were released by teams this year.  It looks like more than a few teams decided to go with youth over an experienced veteran.  For just about every one of our rookies, we could find an experienced vet with a good track record cut yesterday.  So why don't we grab them?  The answer is obvious.  

We can disagree all we want about the merit of keeping a veteran WR for one year, or retaining a rookie with "Promise".  I don't think it's fair to imply anyone thinking we should have kept Nunn is off of their rockers.  The debate over when and if you forgo a veteran for a promising rookie would seem to be as honest a debate as you can have.  Think about it, how can any rookie ever truly prove they are more worthy than an established vet through training camp and preseason?  They can't.  BB has his reasons.  His reason might be that he contacted the teams to gauge interest in Nunn and he thinks it's safe he'll make it to the practice squad.  After all, he showed a lot of guts notifying the NFL of certain cuts one by one over the day.  We know from the Garrett Mills incident that he does indeed talk to teams about this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

Re:  "Here is an analogy or two to explain the views of myself and others:

Let's dump Guyton and pick up Zach Thomas......"

Hear hear.  Timeis time.
    What not bar Bruschi from retiring?  Call Seau back?  etc.  You get the point.
    Rookies are valuable too, and inevitable.

I did understand your point.I hope this response rings relevant too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re:  "Here is an analogy or two to explain the views of myself and others: Let's dump Guyton and pick up Zach Thomas......" Hear hear.  Timeis time. What not bar Bruschi from retiring?  Call Seau back?  etc.  You get the point. Rookies are valuable too, and inevitable. I did understand your point.I hope this response rings relevant too.
    Posted by mstringr

Relevant with me.  I'd have to go back and research the Pats rosters from the championship teams, but it "appears" to me that this whole business of signing vets to 1-YR contracts has kicked into overdrive the past few years.  With the exception of Seau, has it really worked for us?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

I compalined about this on Mike Reiss's board and got criticized for it. I LOVE this guy and I am furious that he got released. I honestly dont trust Bill B anymore and based on the last few years of bad drafts, bad signings and letting Samuel go, I think he is an arrogant SOB who cant win the big games anymore.
    Posted by spinalpap

Your comment "Cant win the big games anymore" is ridiculous. He cuts a guy you want him to keep and you throw a tantrum calling him names and say he cant win. Think about it 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I thought about this release overnight. You have to give BB some credit...he's seen a lot of rooks in his time...many were high draft choices..some of them his.. go big time bust. He wasn't dropping a proven veteran like Galloway for this kid. Fans see a young kid with some potential and they want to watch him develop over a few years. that's fun...but BB has to win football games to keep his job. Maybe Nunn becomes a good player somehere..so be it..but BB wants Galloway opposite Moss this year. He's got skin in this game. Good luck, kid, you were fun to watch...but BB sees it his way and has football games to win...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : I heard a rumor that all of the players in the Pro Bowl last year started off as rookies.  Some were complete surprises, and some were hyped coming out of college.  I heard another rumor that all of the players for all of the SB winners in the history of the NFL started off as rookies. We have a lot of killjoys on this board.  Some folks want to eliminate all speculation and guessing and just stick to cold hard facts.  I can just imagine how the threads would look: Maroney Rushes for 123 Yards! Post 1. Did you see that Maroney rushed for 123 yards? Post 2. Yeah, if he broke that one tackle he might have gotten 125 yards. Post 3. Oh, I forgot about that. Post 4. Hey guys, it just occurred to me, that if all we are going to do is talk about cold hard facts, wouldn't it be easier to just read the Monday sports column with the game summary?  Why even bother posting? Post 5. Good point.   Post 6. Maroney rots! He should have been traded. Post 7. You think you know better than BB?  Get a clue you low life!  I hope you get banned for speculating on this factual forum. Post 8. I used to think Maroney danced a lot.  He's still with the team, so I'll just accept that I'm totally wrong. Post 9. We got Deltha O'Neal today!  I had my doubts, but he is a veteran.  The Pats were able to study his game tapes in-depth.  They wouldn't put him on the team as a starter if he wasn't good. Post 10. O'Neil will be terrible.  We are in trouble if he is our starter. Post 11. There goes another troll speculator!  Don't you think the Pats know better than you do about evaluating talent?  You think you can evaluate CB's better than the coaching staff?  Ban this idiot! Post 12.  Now that the speculators are gone, back to real football.  Did Maroney run mostly to the left or the right the last game?
    Posted by carawaydj

Hahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Here is an analogy or two to explain the views of myself and others: Let's dump Guyton and pick up Zach Thomas.  Zach is a former Pro-Bowler who established himself in the league.  Last year was his only year where his performance was marginal.  He was in a new team in a new system so cut him some slack.  Who knows if Guyton can be an every down LB.  We don't even know if he can stay healthy.  Wasn't he injured for a few games last year?  Now of course I do not support taking Zach over Guyton.  Just making a point that it's easy to find an established vet who has done more in more real games than some of our rookies or younger players. I can probably make that same case for most of our rookie class this year.  A lot of good players were released by teams this year.  It looks like more than a few teams decided to go with youth over an experienced veteran.  For just about every one of our rookies, we could find an experienced vet with a good track record cut yesterday.  So why don't we grab them?  The answer is obvious.   We can disagree all we want about the merit of keeping a veteran WR for one year, or retaining a rookie with "Promise".  I don't think it's fair to imply anyone thinking we should have kept Nunn is off of their rockers.  The debate over when and if you forgo a veteran for a promising rookie would seem to be as honest a debate as you can have.  Think about it, how can any rookie ever truly prove they are more worthy than an established vet through training camp and preseason?  They can't.  BB has his reasons.  His reason might be that he contacted the teams to gauge interest in Nunn and he thinks it's safe he'll make it to the practice squad.  After all, he showed a lot of guts notifying the NFL of certain cuts one by one over the day.  We know from the Garrett Mills incident that he does indeed talk to teams about this.
    Posted by carawaydj

Have you been to every training camp practice(obviously not since some are closed to the public)?  So how can you gauge what Joey has left in the tank on very limited preseason action?  BB has seen enough of him in practice to determine he's more valuable to the team than Nunn.  Why would you question BB on this when 1 player has had a very good career in this league as a #1 WR and the other was thought of so highly by scouts and GM's that he wasn't deemed good enough to use a 7th round draft pick on. 

It boggles my mind that people are upset about this.  Randy didn't play much in the preseason his 1st year here how did that work out?  You guys are just hoping because Nunn hasn't played and failed in the league yet that he's some diamond in the rough.  I get the fascination people have with what's new and potential and upside but cmon now not over a player of Galloway's caliber.  Make the argument that the Pats should have dumped Lewis and kept Nunn, but Galloway..once again Child Please!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Have you been to every training camp practice(obviously not since some are closed to the public)?  So how can you gauge what Joey has left in the tank on very limited preseason action?  BB has seen enough of him in practice to determine he's more valuable to the team than Nunn.  Why would you question BB on this when 1 player has had a very good career in this league as a #1 WR and the other was thought of so highly by scouts and GM's that he wasn't deemed good enough to use a 7th round draft pick on.   It boggles my mind that people are upset about this.  Randy didn't play much in the preseason his 1st year here how did that work out?  You guys are just hoping because Nunn hasn't played and failed in the league yet that he's some diamond in the rough.  I get the fascination people have with what's new and potential and upside but cmon now not over a player of Galloway's caliber.  Make the argument that the Pats should have dumped Lewis and kept Nunn, but Galloway..once again Child Please!
    Posted by Trox1

I am a child. You are right - I am foolish like a child.

Yes I have been to see some practices and no I have not been to all practices. Yes BB knows a lot more than me.

Have you ever seen Randy Moss or Wes Welker drop a pass? Did you watch Galloway drop T Brady's passes? Does it look the same. Does a drop by Welker and Moss look the same as the drops by Galloway? Did it look like Galloway's head was turned, did the ball slide in and out of his hands. Or did it look like a ball hitting a wall because his hands were completely out of place? Even when Moss and Welker drop balls, does it look like they had no chance of catching the ball, or does it look like they turned their head too soon, or they were in some awkward position? Moss has soft hands, Welker has soft hands, Nunn has soft hands. Galloway has brick hands.

Most people seem excited about the long-term aspects of the Seymour trade. But when it comes to wide recievers we should only care about who is the best for this year and damn the future? Galloway is FAST and 36 or so. Do you think Galloway will be in the league for 3 more years?

Adalius Thomas and Tom Brady were both 6th round draft picks. I guess they are not as good as other 1st round studs. Welker was a FA and was cut by the Chargers after the 1st week of the season. I bet the Chargers think that was a sound move that they would make again. Questioning that move would be silly - I was not at the Chargers training camps and I do not know as much about football as the Chragers' staff.

Why can you see the future of a 1st round pick for Seymour but it boggles your mind that we do not want to see balls bounce off Galloway's hands all season? It boggles your mind that Nunn has been "impressive" in camp, and we think the future with Nunn is brighter than one year with Joey "brick hands" Galloway.

Yes you are right - Galloway can run really fast THIS year. Nunn can run fast and catch balls for the next TEN years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

Nunn cleared waiver and is on the practice squad !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinalpap. Show spinalpap's posts

Bill B is making all the right moves. I feel like an idiot for complaining but I am glad I was wrong. This guy should develop into a nice #2 or 3 receiver down the road.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

I'm hoping he put his feelers out and feels pretty good that Nunn will clear waivers.  I think there is little chance of that, but I'm dusting off some old crow recipes just in case I need to eat a good helping.
    Posted by carawaydj

Nice call!  I'm ecstatic.  Do you know under what conditions a player can be called up to the game roster?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Here is an analogy or two to explain the views of myself and others: Let's dump Guyton and pick up Zach Thomas.  Zach is a former Pro-Bowler who established himself in the league.  Last year was his only year where his performance was marginal.  He was in a new team in a new system so cut him some slack.  Who knows if Guyton can be an every down LB.  We don't even know if he can stay healthy.  Wasn't he injured for a few games last year?  Now of course I do not support taking Zach over Guyton.  Just making a point that it's easy to find an established vet who has done more in more real games than some of our rookies or younger players. I can probably make that same case for most of our rookie class this year.  A lot of good players were released by teams this year.  It looks like more than a few teams decided to go with youth over an experienced veteran.  For just about every one of our rookies, we could find an experienced vet with a good track record cut yesterday.  So why don't we grab them?  The answer is obvious.   We can disagree all we want about the merit of keeping a veteran WR for one year, or retaining a rookie with "Promise".  I don't think it's fair to imply anyone thinking we should have kept Nunn is off of their rockers.  The debate over when and if you forgo a veteran for a promising rookie would seem to be as honest a debate as you can have.  Think about it, how can any rookie ever truly prove they are more worthy than an established vet through training camp and preseason?  They can't.  BB has his reasons.  His reason might be that he contacted the teams to gauge interest in Nunn and he thinks it's safe he'll make it to the practice squad.  After all, he showed a lot of guts notifying the NFL of certain cuts one by one over the day.  We know from the Garrett Mills incident that he does indeed talk to teams about this.
    Posted by carawaydj

I am surely not implying that it is safer to play veterans over rookies, judging soley by what has happened to our defense the last few years that would be an unwise statement.(due to amount of injuries to veteran players only)

I am saying that keeping Nunn over Galloway is not a good move at all. While it seems like a lot of people have decided that galloway is bad because after he burned a corner(starting corner by the way) he dropped a Tom brady fastball in the endzone. Galloway has been one of the fastest wrs in the league over the past 14 years. Having Galloway on the roster will open things up for this Patriot offense in a much better way then Donte Stallworth did or did not do in 07.

I am not trying to imply people are out of there minds for liking Nunn but to think he is better then Galloway because of Nunns performance against 2nd and 3rd stingers in preseason is a little over board in my opinion.

The Zack Thomas analogy is not comparable. He was terrible on the cowboys last year and has steadily declined the years before that. Galloway before his injured 08 season put up 1000 yard campaigns at 33 34 and 35 years old.

I am not saying he is a better receiver because he is a vet I am saying he is a better receiver then Nunn period.(IMO)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I compalined about this on Mike Reiss's board and got criticized for it. I LOVE this guy and I am furious that he got released. I honestly dont trust Bill B anymore and based on the last few years of bad drafts, bad signings and letting Samuel go, I think he is an arrogant SOB who cant win the big games anymore.
    Posted by spinalpap

Carawaydj this is an example of the posts I was talking about when I said people think they know more then any coach in the league let alone BB. It is down right comical.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: T. Nunn released : Carawaydj this is an example of the posts I was talking about when I said people think they know more then any coach in the league let alone BB. It is down right comical.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I hear you TrueChamp.  I actually said in another thread that perhaps I should be saying Nunn over Lewis and not Galloway.  Lewis is signed for a longer period, thus my decision went the other way.  Nunn is on the practice squad now, so we have the best of both worlds.  Know any good crow recipes?  I really didn't think he would clear waivers.

Sections
Shortcuts