T. Wilson & Pat's Db's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

T. Wilson & Pat's Db's

Helo Pats fans,

I have noticed repeatedly that the DB's very often do not even touch a silding WR, NOT a QB, ,opponent, who has not been knocked down and ,is allowed to get up and run. 

In the Ram's game, T.Wilson after his Int. return side down without contact  and left the ball on the field , a LIVE Ball I think.

The Rams could have picked that ball up, recovered ,and  advanced the ball.

Why such a lack of knowledge, understanding of the game. Hi caoch!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: T. Wilson & Pat's Db's

Probably cause he was thinking to his college days that if your down your down. Dont need to be touched. This happened last year didnt it and Wilfork or one of the D linemen picked up the ball and started running. I'm waiting for Wilfork to get his annual interception.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to DavidSeattle's comment:

Helo Pats fans,

I have noticed repeatedly that the DB's very often do not even touch a silding WR, NOT a QB, ,opponent, who has not been knocked down and ,is allowed to get up and run. 

In the Ram's game, T.Wilson after his Int. return side down without contact  and left the ball on the field , a LIVE Ball I think.

If I remember the play right he slipped and part of his foot slide out of bounds during the return and the refs blew the whistle. I could be wrong and thinking of Dennards int but that's how I remember the play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

If someone is touched before going down, is that play not over?

FYI - he was touched before sliding last night..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

the best instance of this was when Plaxico ( with Steelers ) made ding catch untouched than got up and spiked ball. Defense picked it up and some return. I am sure he thought it was a college rules.  But than again what Mensa would have a loaded pistol in his ( hers.. being PC ) sweatpants?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DavidSeattle's comment:

Helo Pats fans,

I noticed Wilson do it against the Jets also. Someone ran over (I can't remember who) and touched the diving reciever. Wilson was clapping his hands together like he was upset with himself. The Jet reciever acted like he had been touched but i noticed the ref not blowing the play dead until the other Patrioted touched the reciever down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

If the ball carrier gives himself up, and goes down intentionally, the play is over; like taking a knee in the endzone.  I'm fairly sure on the play you're talking about, Wilson went down on purpose, to avoid the possibility of a fumble.  It was a heads-up play; end of game, no need to try to return the ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The player is "giving himself up" , the play is over then. I don't hear many whistles after those plays but that's why it's a dead ball.

Sections
Shortcuts