Take a Look At David Nelson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Take a Look At David Nelson?

Might be worth a look, coming off surgery.  He's 6'5", which may be what Patriots need at times.

may as well look at Umenyiora and Freeney too....for depth, chance at starting.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Take a Look At David Nelson?

I don't think he's a TE.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13621/david-nelson

A WR that can run all the routes from all spots?  Those are a rare breed. I'm not asking for a Calvin Johnson, just someone who would complement the existing players.  Plus, we have to replace Welker w/ another slot-type receiver. Nelson certainly doesn't fit that bill. So, either sign Welker to a cap friendly deal or find someone else to fill that role

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

I don't think he's a TE.

A WR that can run all the routes from all spots?  Those are a rare breed. I'm not asking for a Calvin Johnson, just someone who would complement the existing players.  Plus, we have to replace Welker w/ another slot-type receiver. Nelson certainly doesn't fit that bill. So, either sign Welker to a cap friendly deal or find someone else to fill that role

He'd come way cheaper than my top choice which is Brian Hartline. Yeah, Hartline runs them all well, which is why he's my top choice, even over Welker.

Welker at 9 per or Hartline, at age 27 at 5.5 per?

agreed.  Even with the Welker issue.....the Patriots still need to focus on D and ST.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't think he's a TE.

He'd come way cheaper than my top choice which is Brian Hartline. Yeah, Hartline runs them all well, which is why he's my top choice, even over Welker.

Welker at 9 per or Hartline, at age 27 at 5.5 per?

agreed.  Even with the Welker issue.....the Patriots still need to focus on D and ST.

They might be able to get a Hartline and a Nelson in here for far less than what Welker might command in the open market.

I know Miami wants to quickly get Hartline resigned, but I just wonder what a challenge from BB might do with his decision.

it's certainly not a bad tactic. May force Miami to overspend.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Nelson had 61 rcpts in 2011 and a good game against the Pats that year. I do think he is a restricted free agent however and think the Bills tender him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Nelson had 61 rcpts in 2011 and a good game against the Pats that year. I do think he is a restricted free agent however and think the Bills tender him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8980456/buffalo-bills-tender-offer-david-nelson-source-says

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1540591-david-nelson-not-being-tendered-by-the-buffalo-bills

A number of sources are saying the Bills do not plan to tender David Nelson. He is 6'5" and 215 lbs and coming off torn ACL last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

which is why he's at least worth a look

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I've been saying we should try to get him if it was a low tender and if they aren't even going to tender him I think he's a great option to bring in

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm sure BB knows the talent level of David Nelson so he's probably already trying to gauge his value.Too bad the Eagles aren't dumping Riley Cooper and the Vikes aren't giving Harvin away for free!! Case then BB could swoop in and grab every offensive weapon from the two time national championship teams he already has Demps and Hernandez!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

No...

You make a very compelling argument.... but would you care to elaborate for those of us who can't see between the lines

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts