Take Groh off the list!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Take Groh off the list!

Just saw this on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4828320

Doubt he would have came back to NE anyways.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Take Groh off the list!

Yup - Al heading to GT as their D-Cord.  I'm happy for Al as I would have liked him and is a great Defensive Coach to land in NE again but glad he is back in action.

I'm thinking it's Pepper Johnson's Gig is the way BB needs to go.  Pepper and Mike Patricia should be a solid combo moving forward.  (Hopefully MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE TOO!) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

You know everyone wants to be aggressive and attacking but there were plenty of times when the Pats D did dial up the blitz and they were completely stoned by the offense. 

That just puts you at an even greater disadvantage. Hanging your d-backs out to dry.

Creating an even greater percentage of giving up "the big play".

You have to have the skill and the Savvy experience to be a good blitzer. There is more to it then just on the snap of the ball run for the quarter back.

No one will convince me that that older and getting much thicker Ray Lewis is either quicker OR faster than our young guys on D. He knows how to get the job done. Same with a Seau every time he got a chance to get his old self on the field.

Instincts. So much better instincts. Our young guys have a long way to go in that department yet. 

If you think a different guy from within the same organization and philosophy coordinating the same BB defensive system will instantly make that miraculously happen I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

How many times did you hear about the Patriots having to dumb down the defense for this group this season. At least a few that I recall.

We had a very veteran defense during the super bowl wins. They got old, it happens, we moved on. The young  guys got a lot of valuable experience this season. We'll be fine with time.

The one thing that jumped out was the defense's lack of "consistent" ability to make that one must have big play stop to save the Offense and Tom Brady's buttz this season. They needed a lot of saving this year in the 2nd half.

The more Savvy veteran and experienced Defense's in the past made those.

In my opinion I really don't believe it had as much to do with the DC as the experience of the players on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

BB Probably took to long to replace those old guys.  He did it all at once and this year was ther result of it.  I think Pees did a good job on the Defense, I just dont think the players got it done.  They blitzed the QB plenty this year.  They just couldnt get pass the blockers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Low - How many times did you hear about the Patriots having to dumb down the defense for this group this season. At least a few that I recall.

I don't think its a matter of dumbing things down as it is less personnel groupings and packages.
    In the denver and NO game the Pats were constantly sending guys on and off the field creating communication problems and preventing the players from just tuning into the game and playing.
    In the games that they rebounded they tended to use less groups. You can call any number of blitzs or coverages out of a nickel or base 3-4.  AD stunk but in fairness to him he was taken off the field on third down for most of the year.

I think sometimes the staff tried to get too cute instead of letting the players play. A lot of other teams line up and say this is who we are now try to beat us. The Pats make everything a chess match and sometimes they out smart themselves in the process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

That stinks!!!  How great it would have been to have Groh in NE as the D.C. 
    I guess now the Pats are stuck with the guy with three superbowl rings as the head coach and two superbowl rings as the D.C. for the Giants.   I sure hope what this guy knows what he's doing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Uncommon I know what you are trying to say so no worries. 

Simplifying personnel groups, etc is still simplification (dumbing down).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Kraft's short little arms arn't going to pay for a top quality Coordinator.  It's going to me more of the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I didn't like Pees at first, but I began to feel more like patsfaninatx this year as I watched players blow assignments.  Pees doesn't play - I think he did what he could with the ingredients that were handed to him (an aging and slow defense of veterans, then an undisciplined group of youngsters).

Hopefully fresh leadership will help this team.  I think Pepper Johnson wouldn't be afraid to question Belichick as much after 10 years in the system (and also because he seems like an outspoken guy).  I don't know anything about Mike Patricia.