Take it to the bank.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Take it to the bank.

[QUOTE]

Throwing in the towel when the Pats are stil in first place is a bit much. They made the super bowl last year with an even sorrier group in the defensive backfield. I will point out that Weiss, Crennel and Pioli have all done nothing without Belichek or Brady. Samuel was a good player or Belichek would not have franchised him. I believe he had another int for a TD today.

[/QUOTE]

I am definitely not throwing in the towel. Worst case, I think the Patriots will end at 10-6 and that will probably win the dismal AFC East this year. There is no reason to think they cannot run off six straight and be at 9-3 going into the back to back games versus Houston and SF. 

Their chance of getting a bye is greatly reduce already being two games behind Baltimore and Houston (and really three behind the Ravens).

It gets dangerous to start pointing out the people who failed to produce with Brady and Belichick. It is just as easy to say that Belichick and Brady won three Super Bowls with Weis and Crennel as the coordinators and ZERO without them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Throwing in the towel when the Pats are stil in first place is a bit much. They made the super bowl last year with an even sorrier group in the defensive backfield. I will point out that Weiss, Crennel and Pioli have all done nothing without Belichek or Brady. Samuel was a good player or Belichek would not have franchised him. I believe he had another int for a TD today.

[/QUOTE]

I am definitely not throwing in the towel. Worst case, I think the Patriots will end at 10-6 and that will probably win the dismal AFC East this year. There is no reason to think they cannot run off six straight and be at 9-3 going into the back to back games versus Houston and SF. 

Their chance of getting a bye is greatly reduce already being two games behind Baltimore and Houston (and really three behind the Ravens).

It gets dangerous to start pointing out the people who failed to produce with Brady and Belichick. It is just as easy to say that Belichick and Brady won three Super Bowls with Weis and Crennel as the coordinators and ZERO without them.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but they went to 2 super bowls without them. The diferrence in the superbowls are actually not that big. All 3 wins were by 3 points and both losses were close. Going to superbowls and losing is more impressive than running franchises or college football teams into the ground. I like Romeo a lot and I'm sorry the QB's he has always stink but do not try to convince me the Pats have been bad since he left. The defense has been bad since all the old stars retired. It was actually pretty darn good in 2007 post Romeo and the offense has been good every year since Weiss left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes but they went to 2 super bowls without them. The diferrence in the superbowls are actually not that big. All 3 wins were by 3 points and both losses were close. Going to superbowls and losing is more impressive than running franchises or college football teams into the ground. I like Romeo a lot and I'm sorry the QB's he has always stink but do not try to convince me the Pats have been bad since he left. The defense has been bad since all the old stars retired. It was actually pretty darn good in 2007 post Romeo and the offense has been good every year since Weiss left.

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you. I just hate that argument that if people don't succeed when they leave it somehow diminishes how important they were when they were here. 

I also agree that going to two Super Bowls in seven years is impressive (that is the time since Crennel and Weis left), but in that span three other teams (Steelers, Giants and Colts) have also been to multiple Super Bowls the only difference is that they all won at least one. 

The defense has been going downhill since the stars of the early 2000s started leaving. The offense has been the best in the regular season over that span but that goes to the old argument do you want regular season stats or championships? I want championships. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

See REISS lead for ESPN's Lunblad statistics

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ericdejong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ccnsd, it's not one bad game.  It's a pattern that's been going on for at least 5-6 years.  BB has shown over and over again that he has no idea how to evaluate talent and can't put a serviceable defense on the field.  If the Pats had even one decent CB on the field they WOULD easily have one three more Super Bowls (both of the SBs against NYG and the year they choked the AFC champonship game away after being up 21-3 in the first half).  All of those failed seasons were the direct result of trying to play with pathetic DBs like Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, McCourty, Arrington, Chung, Merriweather, Butler, Wheatley, etc... Since Ty Law we haven't had a CB who can stay within 10 yards of a good receiver in coverage.  This has been a glaring problem for 5-6 years and BB has simply failed to correct it - and in the process has wasted 6 years of having the best QB who has ever played the game.  BB has done nothing since Weiss, Crennel and Pioli have been gone.  He is not the "genius" that the brain dead sports media hype him up to be.

[/QUOTE]

fair critique, but forbidden in patriots sports forums. didnt you know.

mikle reiss says the db coaches are coaching the dbs the way bb wants them to play. 

talent AND COACHING of the dbs is poor. and it appears the coachiing techniques are on bb. maybe bb is not ll knowing and there a are a few things he is not good at and he should have experts to bolter those areas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ericdejong's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ccnsd, it's not one bad game.  It's a pattern that's been going on for at least 5-6 years.  BB has shown over and over again that he has no idea how to evaluate talent and can't put a serviceable defense on the field.  If the Pats had even one decent CB on the field they WOULD easily have one three more Super Bowls (both of the SBs against NYG and the year they choked the AFC champonship game away after being up 21-3 in the first half).  All of those failed seasons were the direct result of trying to play with pathetic DBs like Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, McCourty, Arrington, Chung, Merriweather, Butler, Wheatley, etc... Since Ty Law we haven't had a CB who can stay within 10 yards of a good receiver in coverage.  This has been a glaring problem for 5-6 years and BB has simply failed to correct it - and in the process has wasted 6 years of having the best QB who has ever played the game.  BB has done nothing since Weiss, Crennel and Pioli have been gone.  He is not the "genius" that the brain dead sports media hype him up to be.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

because past good coaches are not winning head coaches does no tmean they were not good at twhat they did here. this is precisely the point. there is no counterbalance to bb. no gm, no equally strongminded great coaches, etc like on the better teams in the league. the sum total amounts to a big disadvantage for the pats. everythigin is too weighted on one person. bb is not the omniscient all knowing best at everything. no one is.  the pats suffer becasue of this. it's too much  power, authority and decisionmaking for one man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you. I just hate that argument that if people don't succeed when they leave it somehow diminishes how important they were when they were here. 

I also agree that going to two Super Bowls in seven years is impressive (that is the time since Crennel and Weis left), but in that span three other teams (Steelers, Giants and Colts) have also been to multiple Super Bowls the only difference is that they all won at least one. 

The defense has been going downhill since the stars of the early 2000s started leaving. The offense has been the best in the regular season over that span but that goes to the old argument do you want regular season stats or championships? I want championships. 

[/QUOTE]

not to mention, defending the weaknesses does nto make it better.

there is elite talent and possiblities of winning super bowls (past and future) that has been and could be wasted without addressing deficinecies in personnel and coaching all thes years.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tom brady will not win another SB for the Pats. He is old and knows the window is closing for him.He is pressing and making bad decisions!!. Witness the playoff against the Ravens; last years' SB; Today's game ; being out played by the likes of Manning; Flacco; Wilson etc. ERRORS in judgement abound.

[/QUOTE]

You  are  right  but  for  the  wrong  reason.  TB  will  not  win  another  superbowl  because  BB  is  clueless  as  to  how  to  field    a  good, reliable  defense.  And  to  say  Manning, Flacco  and  Wilson  outplayed  Brady  is  just  wrong.   Brady  had  an  off  game  by  his  standards  last  week.  But  you  can't  simply  compare  QB  statistics.  You  also  have  to  look  at  the  context.  If  Eli  last  year  went  up  against  his  own  D, how  well  would  he  do ?  If  Flacco  went  up  against  his  own  D, would  he  be  passing  for  almost  400  yards ?  And  if  Wilson  went  up  against  the  Seattle  D, do  you  think  he'd  have  3  tds.  and  2  in  the  4th  quarter ?    I  don't  think  so.  If  Brady  went  up  every  game  against  the  PATS  D, he'd  average  5  tds.  and  52  points  a  game.  Brady  isn't  the  problem.  Belichek  is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

tom brady will not win another SB for the Pats. He is old and knows the window is closing for him.He is pressing and making bad decisions!!. Witness the playoff against the Ravens; last years' SB; Today's game ; being out played by the likes of Manning; Flacco; Wilson etc. ERRORS in judgement abound.

[/QUOTE]

Point of clarification.  When I get to the bank who do I see?  I'm thinking your average teller isn't going to know what to do with this pronouncement.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You  are  right  but  for  the  wrong  reason.  TB  will  not  win  another  superbowl  because  BB  is  clueless  as  to  how  to  field    a  good, reliable  defense.  And  to  say  Manning, Flacco  and  Wilson  outplayed  Brady  is  just  wrong.   Brady  had  an  off  game  by  his  standards  last  week.  But  you  can't  simply  compare  QB  statistics.  You  also  have  to  look  at  the  context.  If  Eli  last  year  went  up  against  his  own  D, how  well  would  he  do ?  If  Flacco  went  up  against  his  own  D, would  he  be  passing  for  almost  400  yards ?  And  if  Wilson  went  up  against  the  Seattle  D, do  you  think  he'd  have  3  tds.  and  2  in  the  4th  quarter ?    I  don't  think  so.  If  Brady  went  up  every  game  against  the  PATS  D, he'd  average  5  tds.  and  52  points  a  game.  Brady  isn't  the  problem.  Belichek  is.

[/QUOTE]

You're not very bright.  The Pats have a very good Run D and lead the NFL in fumbles created.

It's so dumb to say a really nice young D isn't competent and BB all of a sudden can't coach.

Brady throws 2 INTs, 2 groundings, sees 3 other passes as INTs dropped and all of a sudden an incompetent offense in the red zone is the D's problem? 

How about we run the ball and stop acting like Brady is some videogame fantasy robot that is trying to chase down 2007 again.

BRADY lost us SB 46, too. A Safety, a horrendous INT on 1st down in Giants territory WITH A LEAD, and a high throw to Welker making it a tough catch.

If at any time, we ran BJGE in SB 46 3 straight times on one series for zero yards and punted, that's 2 minutes off the clock in SB 46 and the Giants lose.  Same deal this past Sunday when Brady threw 58 times, highly likely because Bolden left the game and they succumbed to the "addiction" of passing.

FAIL

The problems are rooted in the finesse offense in 2007 just like there were last week. The quesiton is, does BB rein Brady back in?  I say yes because this simply cannot go on. Brady has lost his privileges once and for all.  I am absolutely tired of the belligerence and arrogance of it all.

[/QUOTE]

"You're not very bright."

there is no need to be offensive.

you both have points.

need to call good running plays mixed in in the red zone and throughout the 2nd half.

and bb needs to get off his high horse and  hire top coaches (and let them do their job), get free agent dbs and let someone assist in areas he is not an expert in ie drafting, partiucularly def backfield and wr.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The odds are now against Brady winning another Super Bowl.  The window is shrinking fast.  The guy has had an amazing career though.  5 AFC titles and 3 Super Bowl titles.  The only other QB to get to 5 Super Bowls was Elway.  The bottom line is Super Bowl titles.  Brady has 3 so that's where he ranks.  Eli has 2, he's also one of the greats but he has to win another one to catch Brady.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Nothing has changed. Witness this game. Atrocious!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quite the bold prediction you made!

Taking a 31/32 chance is quite daring of you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quite the bold prediction you made!

Taking a 31/32 chance is quite daring of you!

[/QUOTE]

Come now,that is not germain and you know it.