Take Note

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Take Note

In Response to Take Note:
    [QUOTE]The better performing QB every week in this league, is the QB on the team that wins. QB. Not defense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Well then, I will lay my cash on Brady against Mark Sanchez.

I think it takes a good D to make the QB look bad though. So, it's also about the D. How about field position?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]The better performing QB every week in this league, is the QB on the team that wins. QB. Not defense.

The GB/NO game in week 1 begs to differ.  That being said with regards to Pats games do you think Brady outperformed Romo or Eli outperformed Brady?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh. I get it. Our sucky D doesn't actually suck. It's just the opposing QBs have played great against it. Brilliant idiocy Einstein.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Take Note:
    [QUOTE]Oh. I get it. Our sucky D doesn't actually suck. It's just the opposing QBs have played great against it. Brilliant idiocy Einstein.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sorry Russ

I can't help but agree with this - good defenses have a magical way of helping their QB outperform the opposing QB by making the opposing QB look bad

Do you really think it was BRADY who stepped up against the Colts back in the day?  Or do you think it was TY LAW AND RODNEY HARRISON who nutted up and brought home the bacon with 4-5 interceptions in those playoff games???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Absolutely.   Keep in mind, I am taking about general patterns here, not one off aberrations. Ok? Fair enough? And, I just answered your question when I was replying to Hub.

I'm not really sure what you are saying here.  Do you think the QB needs to outperform his counterpart to win or not?  It's pretty easy to point out games where the losing QB performed better or equal to his counterpart.  Some more examples are Flacco not really outperforming Sanchez or Cutler getting outperformed by Newton.  Obviously QB play is important, but it is after all a team sport.

To your point about Brady I don't see how you can argue we deserved to lose the game as you have in the past yet also argue Brady outperformed Romo at the end meaning we deserved to win under this new metric.  In addition if the PI calls were so instrumental to the Pats losing to the Giants I don't think you can say Eli outperformed Brady.  Both quarterbacks did nothing in the 1st half.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Oh. I get it. Our sucky D doesn't actually suck. It's just the opposing QBs have played great against it. Brilliant idiocy Einstein.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Fantastic point!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Yes! Or at least match it! Christ! Do you really like the way Brady played in Buffalo, aginst Dallas, Pitt or the Giants? What planet am I on here? All of a sudden superior QB play is not important? Game management is irrelevant?   INTs killing drives, losing field, is good? Of course they are on off examples, where the winning QB doesn't always outperform the other! But, are you saying who cares how Tom Brady plays? I disagree Eli didn't outperform Brady, except he did over 4 qtrs, which is why I don't blame the D for the loss! Eli didn't throw picks, killing drives, ignoring his run, etc. Eli managed that game better than Brady. Truth hurts.

You are putting words in my mouth.  Of course I think QB play is important and obviously I care about how Tom Brady plays, but you are simplifying when you say that QB play is the end all as there are more than a few counterexamples of similar or inferior QB play leading to victories.

You cannot on the one hand give the D credit for victories where "Brady was awful" and then on the other hand claim that QB play is the only thing that drives the result when the Pats lose.

Perhaps you don't think this is what you're saying, but I'm not the only one who has interpreted your posts this way.  Obviously if Brady plays well it gives the Patriots a great chance to win, but if the Patriots cannot win a game where Brady does not outperform his counterpart then it speaks volumes about how the team is currently constructed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

isn't that kind of like saying....whoever scores more points...wins Laughing

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Sorry? I am sorry you have some issues, Nick. The whole reason why Law and Harrison can get off the field with more regularity in the Weis based offense is becauyse Brady isn't throwing INTs, fumblijng on his 8 yard line at home in those games. Holy schiit! Do you think it's a coincidence our D was creating more turnovers last year after Moss was dealt? If NE ran the McDaniels based spread at any time in SB 36, 38 or 39, our supposed GREAT Ds in that era lose SB 36, maybe SB 38 and maybe SB 39. We won each SB by 3 points. Why? Game management by Brady. And good, timely D. Or great D. Yep. SB 38 probably is a loss in a 60% McDaniels spread very likely because the D kept giving up big plays. Thanks to John Kasay! Gee, didnt'; brady throw a dumb INT in the end zone in that shotgun formation?  That was pretty dumb wasn't it?  We sure could ahve used a FG there, at the very least. NEWSFLASH: We won't be playing bad or mediocre D's in January. Miami won't be playing for Brady to shred it in the shotgun base. Let me make this clear: If we use the shotgun spread base with Brady throwing 40+ times this weekend (and lose a close game), some of you are going to have leave the board due to embarrassment. Babe Parilli is in a mental ward, so it's unlikely he'll be leaving at any time.

Wait, Brady got interceptions?  This is news to me...

It sounds like you're blaming Brady for his offensive coordinator.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

More anti-Brady drivel from the resident trolls

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Your whole basic premise is flawed it assumes that the QB play is independent of everything else. 
    Couldn't your argument be turned around and say that the defense that does a better job of stopping the other teams passing attack wins? 

Defense.

Not QB.

Anyhow, you argument as a general rule doesn't even work. I went through the box score of the first two weeks of the NFL season and the team with the better performing QB only won about 2/3 of the games. So clearly other factors matter. Even in the Pittsburg game, Brady had a better QB rating the Roethlisberger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : What I am saying is that the offense and defense, along with STs, are complementary components. 

I find it hard to reconcile this statement with the original post in this thread hence my objection.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Limiting Brady's passing attempts limits turnovers and helps the D.

Another brilliant observation by you Albert. What's your next revelation, E=MC squared?

Yeah, and limiting his pass attempts would limit the 6th best all-time 40 TD pace he is on too. I guess in your alternate universe that kind of TD production doesn't help a D.

Maybe if he never throws he will never throw an INT. I think you're on to something here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ,
    It doesn't look like you have many buyers for this whole attack on Brady and the Offense.

You do make some points about the D providing some nice stops this year plus limiting other team's QBs while Brady was throwing interceptions.

Answer me 1 question Russ....
    "If there are 2 mins on the clock, the Offense needing 7 points to win and starting on our 20 yd line, and the Defense needing to stop the opponent from scoring a TD and winning starting from the opponents 20 yd line, what unit do you feel more confident in to win us the game?"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, It doesn't look like you have many buyers for this whole attack on Brady and the Offense. You do make some points about the D providing some nice stops this year plus limiting other team's QBs while Brady was throwing interceptions. Answer me 1 question Russ.... "If there are 2 mins on the clock, the Offense needing 7 points to win and starting on our 20 yd line, and the Defense needing to stop the opponent from scoring a TD and winning starting from the opponents 20 yd line, what unit do you feel more confident in to win us the game?"
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

That sums it up perfectly. The biggest difference between this team and the '01-'04 teams is that either way, I would have felt confident that we were going to win that game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.