Take Note

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Take Note

In Response to Re: Take Note:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Wait, does your sarcasm proves to us that you're admitting we need to pass less? If not, why are you sarcastic? LOL! You don't even know how stupid you look. You'd rather see Brady get a 100 QB rating with NE losing v.s. a 92 QB rating and NE winning. Seek help.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I've never seen anybody on a football message board who so deservingly lives up to your statement  as, you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Umm, what? Do you think if our QB and STs play poorly our D has to bail them out every week? Because that's what they've been up against.

Where did I say that?  You are putting words in my mouth again.  I objected to your claim that the team with the better QB play in a game would win regardless of the play of the D which is what you wrote originally.  Later you wrote that the D, O and ST are complementary pieces which I didn't think was compatible with the original statement.  I'm not really sure what is controversial here or why it yielded such a hostile response.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why do I get the feeling Rusty is going to have another one of his nervous breakdowns and leave - come back - and get embarrassed all over again? Oh yeah, because it's what he does when he makes a fool of himself:)

Listen Rusto I googled what people should drink when there was a lack of milk at birth...it's whole milk. Buy some, stop blaming mom. What's the worst that can happen, you go a day without guzzling your "young and exciting defense kool-aid"?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Remember Guys!

Tom Brady is the elite QB like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers.  The elite QB is hardly to have 3 bad games in a row.  If he does not presure himself for cover the Pats ' defense.  He will be great at his skills.
    PATs 31 -JETs 21

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Nice backpedal. You're good at those after being embarrassed with so much fact, reality and data, you can't see straight to even come back with a counter-argument.

Fact, reality and data to you are like kryptonite to Clark Kent.

You have been beaten like a red headed step child at every turn over and over on this by all comers and you still stumble along like a zombie mumbling "brains" deluding yourself that you got the best of it.  You've been owned, fool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I am certainly rooting for Brady to turn it around and not slip up like he did in Buffalo, Dallas, Pitt and against the Giants. I seriously though the Oakland and Jets games were the end to the 40+ passing nightmares.

You must mean he can do better than to drive us to tie or go ahead at the end of the Bills and Giants games.

Could be. But I'm not sure how much more an O can do when the win is on the line.

Maybe BB will let him play some D and he can save us from the pathetic defensive collapses that caused those losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

?...Over the past month, I've seen the D play better, so I would choose the D to hold, but only if Brady wasn't throwing 2 INTs and fumbling on his 8 yard line."

Russ, so you are picking the D to hold vs. Brady scoring with 2 minutes to go in the game? Of course, i'm assuming all being equal up to that point,meaning Brady didn't force your Defense to play more than it should or anything, or over exhert itself.

Since you are a fan of using this year's stats to support your defense, take a look at this year, and tell me how many games the Defense vs. Brady has won for us with 2 minutes to go?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : I  never used the word "regardless". Generally speaking, the QB who performs better leads his team to victory week in and week out, assumign that team's D is at least decent. Case in points, NO's D is not very good this year, but that doesn't stop Drew Brees from playing at a high level. You know exactly what I am talking about, so you can stop now.

That sums up where I think most people disagree with you. I, for one, think this is a below average defense. I am confused about the Brees reference. Are you saying that he has great stats because his defense is bad? 

Tom Brady's career record in games where he throw over 40 passes is 22-11 which is well below his career winning percentage. But, drawing a direct correlation is tricky because if they are losing he is going to throw more. The Pittsburgh game is a perfect example, in the first half they ran on 8 of 23 (not a good percentage at an almost 2:1 pass to run ratio), but in the second half when losing they ran only 4 of 27 plays (nearly a 6:1 pass to run ratio). They abandoned the run not because it was not working (Faulk had 4.8 ypc in the first half and one carry for 8 yards in the second), but because they were behind and had to play catch up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Take Note:
    [QUOTE]The better performing QB every week in this league, is the QB on the team that wins. QB. Not defense.

been a supporter of the run more campaign but you also have to recognize that a good d can force the other qb look like a bad qb. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : Umm, what? Do you think if our QB and STs play poorly our D has to bail them out every week? Because that's what they've been up against. When did the offense bail out the D this year? They haven't. I guess Week 1 is a fine answer except that was Week 1 and those are games where you don't know where you're at. So, which game did the offense bail our D out this year?

How about the Jets game. When the Jets got within three points, they marched 77 yards and scored a TD. When the Jets got back within one score in the fourth quarter, they went 69 yards and kicked a FG to put the game out of reach and leave the Jets without enough time to do anything. 

In three of the five wins (MIA, OAK, SD), the offense has put the defense in a position where there was little no pressure on them late in the game (in the SD game they scored again in the 4th to push it back to two scores when the Chargers got close).

The most impressive defensive performance this year was against Dallas, and most people (you not included I assume) believe had to do as much with terrible play calling and execution (three runs - two out of shotgun - and a false start penalty) when all they needed was first down (maybe two) to win the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

How long are you going to beat this dead horse for Rusty. We get it, you think the problem with the Pats is the offense and I think your point is delusional---Say it with me Rusty-- Pats have the last place DEFENSE in the NFL! That's DEAD LAST as in ranked 32 in the league-get a clue-the pressure on Brady to put up 30+ points a game is taking it's toll!In Response to Take Note:
    [QUOTE]The better performing QB every week in this league, is the QB on the team that wins. QB. Not defense.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Take Note : What do you think the two best gameplans (offensively) this year were from Brady and O'Brien?  Skip Miami since that was a one-off no huddle wrinkle.

The thing is that I do not entirely disagree with you on the problems with the offense. I think they need to run more as well. I think that offensive does not only pass too much, I think it's top skill position players (Gronk, Hernandez & Welker) all play too similar of a game (they are at are their best catching the ball too close to the line of scrimmage). I don't understand why Ridley has disappeared since the Oakland game (he is not on the injury report) or why Woodhead is on pace for half as many touches as last year despite Faulk missing the seven of eight games. 

The main thing I do not understand about your rants against the offense is why you put all the blame on O'Brien and Brady. For me, it goes squarely on the shoulders of BB. He is the one who changed this team from "defense wins championships" to "let's do it with offense". If there is something wrong with the offense that is costing this teams games he is the one responsible for not seeing and/or changing it. For whatever reason BB, seems to be as convinced as anyone that this style his team's best chance at winning.

Bill O'Brien has never coached for any other NFL team. If he cannot properly run an NFL offense, it is BB's fault for putting him in that position. He actually got promoted to the OC position after last year's playoff loss. So you BB cannot have the same opinion of it being O'Brien fault that you hold.

If (as you hypothesize) it is Brady pushing to throw the ball 40 times a game, again it is on BB to reign him in and coach him that there are not going to win another Super Bowl like that. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I agree BB has to be held accountable, which I have said before.  But, most of it is tied O'Brien and Brady. Or, if BRady really controls O'Brien too much, it's on Brady, mostly. There's two things: 1. Gameplanning 2. Gamecalling/adjusting Number 2 is more so on O'Brien and Brady. Agreed?  I have said this for a while now, but I believe Brady leads the gameplanning, not BB or O'Brien. I think Brady takes 70% of it, BB approves or challenges it, O'Brien has little power and the rest is what we see on gameday. If that is generally the case, which I believe it is, especially after the clear strategy change after the Buffalo debacle for TWO STRAIGHT games (Oak and NYJs best gameplans of year), and then back to Dallas with the BRady shotgun spread dominating.... Why does the base go back to itself again? I get there are certain teams you want to spread out, but the only way it works is against a team that plays mostly zone.  Once Dallas started clamoring to surround Welker and Gronk in man, Ochocinoc is off the field, we don't BJGE or anyone in the first half, why is BRady doing that? Why are we running a shotgun/spread base? So, if Dallas is in man in that game, just like Pitt and NYGs, why is BRady calling tshotgun spreads, usually with empty backfields and why are seeing Woodhead subbed in for BJGE? That's the issue. That's not BB. Belichick doesn't stand there ordering O'Brien andki BRady to do that. He's over there talking to the D, etc. You're jumping through hoops to pretend Belichick is an offensive mind and BRady is some 2nd year QB. It's just not true. I can't keep giving you and other the same obvious examples over and over again. I also don't expect BB to mircomanage every drive. Ludicrous excuse. I think Brady and O'Brien get carte blanche to do what they feel is best.  O'Brien sends in two shotgun calls per snap, ignores the run because calls for it, and voila, we lose. Answer this: Who do you think reined BRady in aftert the Buffalo game? Brady himself?

So, according to you;

BB is suspect as a coach.

Brady is suspect as a QB.

But the crap D that allows the most yards per play in the whole league is not a problem.

Solution = Go get your head examined.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]With you putting words in my mouth and lying, no. I know you lost as troll here when you do this. My premise could not be any clearer: The root cause if this team's tough losses, dating back even into 2005, in the shotgun spread base, when they use it at 60%, the defense looks worse than it really is. Bye-Bye Babe Parilli, troll extraordinaire who sounds a lot like Phat Rex/JetsMangione.

I point out that you say BB sucks, Brady sucks and the D is good and your comeback is that I'm Phat Rex?

That's desperate even for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]With you putting words in my mouth and lying, no. I know you lost as troll here when you do this. My premise could not be any clearer: The root cause if this team's tough losses, dating back even into 2005, in the shotgun spread base, when they use it at 60%, the defense looks worse than it really is. Bye-Bye Babe Parilli, troll extraordinaire who sounds a lot like Phat Rex/JetsMangione.

Is this even English? Or Rustyphonics? Hooked on phonics worked for Rusty...

The root cause if this team's tough losses, dating back even into 2005, in the shotgun spread base, when they use it at 60%, the defense looks worse than it really is.

I just do these immature little tator for tat things because I know you dig them, because talking football with you has become mindless and embarrassing. I think of it as a car wreck - you drive by real slow and take a peak - you shouldn't, but you just have to:(

I mean let's not even get into the absurdity of your premise...spread shotgun = devil.

Have you taken a moment to list the players that make this defense "young and exciting=rebuilt" yet? I'll give you the weekend, but I want it on my desk first thing Monday morning.