Take off the rose colored glasses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Take off the rose colored glasses

and does anyone see:
    1) a lot of missed tackles (Merriweather is missing 3-4 per game)
    2) an OL that is clearly more comfortable pass blocking than run blocking
    3) this season Moss seems to be taking more of a beating than usual
    4) red zone failure w/b huge against Colts/Jets/Saints/Texans. Pats will need to score high 20's to low 30's to have a chance against those teams
    5) Gostkowski is money on FG's, but his value on kickoffs/field position is best in league
    6) teams have caught up with the WR screen. Time to plan for RB screens with Maroney more often
    7) fan favorite BJGE really has shown he is not much more than a taxi squad player. His blocking is really poor, his receiving ability is almost non existant and his speed if he does break a tackle is not NFL caliber
    8) the lack of a true #3 WR is really hurting...although Watson has stepped up his game. Still, if the PAts could get to a 3 WR set they would be clicking on offense at another level

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Re: Take off the rose colored glasses

In Response to Take off the rose colored glasses:
    and does anyone see: 1) a lot of missed tackles (Merriweather is missing 3-4 per game) 2) an OL that is clearly more comfortable pass blocking than run blocking 3) this season Moss seems to be taking more of a beating than usual 4) red zone failure w/b huge against Colts/Jets/Saints/Texans. Pats will need to score high 20's to low 30's to have a chance against those teams 5) Gostkowski is money on FG's, but his value on kickoffs/field position is best in league 6) teams have caught up with the WR screen. Time to plan for RB screens with Maroney more often 7) fan favorite BJGE really has shown he is not much more than a taxi squad player. His blocking is really poor, his receiving ability is almost non existant and his speed if he does break a tackle is not NFL caliber 8) the lack of a true #3 WR is really hurting...although Watson has stepped up his game. Still, if the PAts could get to a 3 WR set they would be clicking on offense at another level
    Posted by rkarp

How refreshing!  This is not the same Pats team Jet fans have feared b4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses:
    In Response to Take off the rose colored glasses : How refreshing!  This is not the same Pats team Jet fans have feared b4.
    Posted by MYNJJets

Leon you sad little bug does this make up for the Jets looking like crap? There are areas the Pats ned to work on but at least our QB isn't afraid of cold weather. Is it too late to toss a roof on the new Jersey swamp stadium?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

One of my lenses is rose colored, and the other is sh#t colored.  Together they provide me with a balanced view.  I think it's fair to say that nearly every team has some issues; even the good teams.  I like this team.  They remind me of the teams we had when we won championships.  We had a lot of "issues" then too.  I'm not getting too excited though until we go through the next 3 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : Leon you sad little bug does this make up for the Jets looking like crap? There are areas the Pats ned to work on but at least our QB isn't afraid of cold weather. Is it too late to toss a roof on the new Jersey swamp stadium?
    Posted by Evil2009

I know MyNJJets is a dumb troll, but he's a rocket scientist compared to Leon.  I mean he at least is smart enough to know which state they play in.  I have dingleberries on my a#$ that are smarter than Leon.  Can you imagine how his parents feel?  You spend a considerable amount of your life raising your children and hoping they are successful.  You do all of that just to have one of them spend half of their life on a Pats board trash talking and lying about life achievements.  Now that's gotta make a parent proud...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : I know MyNJJets is a dumb troll, but he's a rocket scientist compared to Leon.  I mean he at least is smart enough to know which state they play in.  I have dingleberries on my a#$ that are smarter than Leon.  Can you imagine how his parents feel?  You spend a considerable amount of your life raising your children and hoping they are successful.  You do all of that just to have one of them spend half of their life on a Pats board trash talking and lying about life achievements.  Now that's gotta make a parent proud...
    Posted by carawaydj

They're one and the same. Over the years the bugboy has posted under hundreds of names as a fan of every team we've played. He posts on the Celts site as a lakers or Cavs fan ( never a Knicks fan ) and until this year often posed as a Rays fan. Whatever name he can always be identified by his moronic delusional rants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

and does anyone see: 1) a lot of missed tackles (Merriweather is missing 3-4 per game) 2) an OL that is clearly more comfortable pass blocking than run blocking 3) this season Moss seems to be taking more of a beating than usual 4) red zone failure w/b huge against Colts/Jets/Saints/Texans. Pats will need to score high 20's to low 30's to have a chance against those teams 5) Gostkowski is money on FG's, but his value on kickoffs/field position is best in league 6) teams have caught up with the WR screen. Time to plan for RB screens with Maroney more often 7) fan favorite BJGE really has shown he is not much more than a taxi squad player. His blocking is really poor, his receiving ability is almost non existant and his speed if he does break a tackle is not NFL caliber 8) the lack of a true #3 WR is really hurting...although Watson has stepped up his game. Still, if the PAts could get to a 3 WR set they would be clicking on offense at another level
    Posted by rkarp

Your #1 is something I've noticed every time I've seen your team play this year, particularly with regards to Meriweather.  That guy does not tackle very well, but I've also seen Wilhite look pretty silly too.  If I were Peyton, I'd look to do a bunch of those screen/behind-the-line passes to Garcon and see if there's a single Pat DB who can tackle.  (I'd do it away from McGowan, 'cause he's a stud! Nice pick up!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Posted by rkarp

the pats are 1st in the afc east. every team has flaws. stop crying like a little girl. you idiot lmao

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Posted by rkarp

Fear not, Knute, Vince, George, or whatever you want your name to be this week. ...... soon the NFl's annual Coaching Carousel will be in action and you can once again assume your natural position of superior coaching accumen and expertise. NOT!

What a joke!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : They're one and the same. Over the years the bugboy has posted under hundreds of names as a fan of every team we've played. He posts on the Celts site as a lakers or Cavs fan ( never a Knicks fan ) and until this year often posed as a Rays fan. Whatever name he can always be identified by his moronic delusional rants.
    Posted by Evil2009

Wrong again.............not Leon...........rofl!  I do get chuckle now and again though each time you call me that!  haha!Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, rkarp, is the purpose of your post to simply focus on the negative?  Are you seeing too much optimism, fans who feel good about this team and not enough pessimism?  I think a majority of Pats fans here do see both the good and the bad in the 2009 Pats so far and has been the topic of many strings to date.  Were you expecting something better than a 6 - 2 start?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

1) a lot of missed tackles (Merriweather is missing 3-4 per game)
    Merriweather has missed a few tackles this year, but not 3-4 each game. On the flip side he looks great in coverage, a ballhawk in training.

2) an OL that is clearly more comfortable pass blocking than run blocking
    I agree with this statement and am all for it. You win by passing the ball in todays NFL.

3) this season Moss seems to be taking more of a beating than usual
    Would have agreed with you a little bit when Welker was out and Moss was running the shorter stuff to pick up the slack. He still goes down before he gets hit though, so don't really know what you mean by taking a beating.

4) red zone failure w/b huge against Colts/Jets/Saints/Texans. Pats will need to score high 20's to low 30's to have a chance against those teams
    Agree we will need to score points against Colts and Saints but not Houston or NYJ. The Jets look terrible except for maybe running the ball. Houston is bad at running and Shaub just lost his security blanket Owen Daniels two weeks ago. So if you take away Andre Johnson you basically take away everything they do on offense.

5) Gostkowski is money on FG's, but his value on kickoffs/field position is best in league
    Agreed. Gost is a stud. Too bad we didn't have an elite punter, that, I believe is how you really win the field position battle.

6) teams have caught up with the WR screen. Time to plan for RB screens with Maroney more often.
    Don't really know if teams have caught up with it. I do agree RBs should see some more screens. I can only really think of Faulk catching one or two screen passes all year.

7) fan favorite BJGE really has shown he is not much more than a taxi squad player. His blocking is really poor, his receiving ability is almost non existant and his speed if he does break a tackle is not NFL caliber
    A little harsh I think, I mean even with the injuries at the position he hasn't seen the field a whole lot.

8) the lack of a true #3 WR is really hurting...although Watson has stepped up his game. Still, if the PAts could get to a 3 WR set they would be clicking on offense at another level
    We have a true #3 WR its Sam Aiken. I mean he is a decent NFL receiver, that is what a true #3 WR is isn't it? We also have Watson and Faulk...Those two create mismatches because a lot of teams don't have players that can cover them. I will say however that I am surprised at Faulk's level of play this year. I kind of feel it has dropped off quite a bit. I have heard some people say his numbers are relatively similar, it just doesn't feel like he is making the plays or even getting the chance to make them that we are used to seeing.

Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : Wrong again.............not Leon...........rofl!  I do get chuckle now and again though each time you call me that!  haha!
    Posted by MYNJJets

We'll see soon enough if you're just another troll. 

But it's not wise to invite disaster, and I'm sure you don't need to be told what will happen to the Jets  in Gillette.  Even your own team's boards are rife with doubters right now.  You would know this if you bothered to look, but since you don't I'll just assume you're not actually a real fan.  Just looking to stir up the pot in the absence of your troll-lord, Leon.

So if you're not a troll, then c'mon back after the devastating loss your team will incur.  Best guess is, you won't do that, will you? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : We'll see soon enough if you're just another troll.  But it's not wise to invite disaster, and I'm sure you don't need to be told what will happen to the Jets  in Gillette.  Even your own team's boards are rife with doubters right now.  You would know this if you bothered to look, but since you don't I'll just assume you're not actually a real fan.  Just looking to stir up the pot in the absence of your troll-lord, Leon. So if you're not a troll, then c'mon back after the devastating loss your team will incur.  Best guess is, you won't do that, will you? 
    Posted by soups

Please grow up..........please?  Tough words you type...........rofl!  I honestly like the Jets chances at a win @ Foxboro.......really, I do.  Getting to watch that game agains the Fins was eye-opening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : Please grow up..........please?  Tough words you type...........rofl!  I honestly like the Jets chances at a win @ Foxboro.......really, I do.  Getting to watch that game agains the Fins was eye-opening.
    Posted by MYNJJets

Out of the Pats next 3 or 4 games, the one win I have absolutely no doubt about is the game against the Jets in Foxboro.  Now, I am more pessimistic than most who contribute to this board and I do see some validity to your opening remarks, but on this point, I cannot agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Take off the rose colored glasses : the pats are 1st in the afc east. every team has flaws. stop crying like a little girl. you idiot lmao
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

WOW 1st place in the AFC East ! That is one heck of an accomplishment! Give me a break. Every team has flaws, but we have a LOT of them and if not for a bunch of pitiful teams we'd likely have a much worse record.

If I see Meriweather dive at a guys feet, only to get run over again, I will.... I don't know... I guess I'll just yell at the TV, but I do that alot when watching the Pats. Insanity - doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

Everyone blames Maroney, but when the O-line can get you a sliver to squeak through, you aren't gonna get many yards. It would be nice to have a fullback

Playing Moss over the middle is gonna get him killed. End of story. Keep it up and we may be without him in the playoffs. He is a thoroughbred. He streaks down the sideline, catching balls deep and getting TD's while easily stepping out of bounds in the rare event somebody is gonna tag him. Having Moss try a screen was just stupid, watching it hurt my head, kinda like a brain freeze. As Welker is no Randy Moss, Moss is also no Wes Welker

BJGE, there's a reason we didn't see him when others were healthy, he isn't that good. Dropping a TD against ANY of our next 5 opponents would be a recipe for disaster

It would make a huge difference if we had a good 3rd receiver. I hope they don't have to pay Galloway for his whole contract, or actually, anything at all. He contributed zero, he should get zero

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Take off the rose colored glasses : the pats are 1st in the afc east. every team has flaws. stop crying like a little girl. you idiot lmao
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

Not crying like an idiot. I am simply pointing out flaws with the Pats that I feel need to be fixed. Assuming 4-4 is in the cards for the balance of the season, the playoffs will certainly run thru Pitts or Indy...and really, if the Jets do squeak wild card, do you want to play them a 3rd time, even if it is at home?

Seems clear to me that a 2-2 split is a must against the Colts, Saints, Jets and Texans. I think most of us have seen enough of the Saints to realize they are an offensive machine. The Colts have Peyton.

So, what needs to be done to win out over the Saints and/or Colts (and Jets)? Rather than the name calling, taunts and abuse, anything intelligent out there? (I can accept name calling and taunts if it is accompanied with some intelligent football thought)

My points seem valid to numerous others;
    -Moss is wearing out
    -BJGE is a #5 back/taxi squad player
    -Merriweather is whiffing on too many tackles creating big plays
    -and so on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Jets are going to get blown out in Foxboro is disgusting fashion. Classless Patriots running up the score on the Jets will be the theme in New York after the Jets get pasted. Spare Tire Ryan will be on the hot-seat. There is a strong possibility the Jets finish the division last given their atrocious division record. I'm not sure why Jets fans are even still talking as they collapsed earlier than usual this year and it is not getting any warmer for above 50 degree boy Sanchez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Rose colored glasses? How about REALITY - Pats are 6-2 right now, with a 2 game lead in the division. 10-6 will win the AFC east, so thats just a 4-4 from here on out for Pats.....With 2 losses head to head vrs Fins, and loss head to head with Bills, Jets and Bills may be slugging it out just to finish third in the division..... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

My points seem valid to numerous others; -Moss is wearing out -BJGE is a #5 back/taxi squad player -Merriweather is whiffing on too many tackles creating big plays -and so on
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

1. Moss looked good last game; he's had a back problem that probably will stay aggravated until after the season. They can't handle him with kid gloves because they need to win now.
    2. Merriweather isn't the only Patriot not tackling well. The secondary has been superb under the circumstances because the pass rush hasn't been there and they've had to hang in there longer. Welker makes several players a game whiff so it may be a function of the caliber of player he's going after. The Pats have played against some great receivers/RBs.
    3. I totall agree with you that BJGE is not the answer; I never saw what everyone like so much about him.  LJ would be a great fit for RB; he's another great veteran like Smith, Dillon, Morris and Taylor before him; that would find success playing with a great team.

Overall I have rose colored glasses because the Pats D has kept it close every game and with a few more big offensive plays this team could be 8-0. I think teams like this are more fun to watch then say the 2007 team because the games are close.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rose colored glasses? How about REALITY - Pats are 6-2 right now, with a 2 game lead in the division. 10-6 will win the AFC east, so thats just a 4-4 from here on out for Pats.....With 2 losses head to head vrs Fins, and loss head to head with Bills, Jets and Bills may be slugging it out just to finish third in the division..... 
    Posted by ccsjl

YOU ARE MAKING MY POINT! PATS FINISH AT 10 AND 6 AND THEN PLAY JETS AT HOME AND IF THEY WIN GO TO EITHER PITTS OR INDY..PATS NEED TO FINISH 12 N 4 TO HAVE HF ADVANTAGE!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The Jets are going to get blown out in Foxboro is disgusting fashion. Classless Patriots running up the score on the Jets will be the theme in New York after the Jets get pasted. Spare Tire Ryan will be on the hot-seat. There is a strong possibility the Jets finish the division last given their atrocious division record. I'm not sure why Jets fans are even still talking as they collapsed earlier than usual this year and it is not getting any warmer for above 50 degree boy Sanchez.
    Posted by Diesel12

I AM GLAD THAT YOUA RE ABLE TO BACK UP YOUR BLOWOUT OF THE JETS COMMENTS WITH SOME INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL POINTS AS TO WHY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Take off the rose colored glasses : I AM GLAD THAT YOUA RE ABLE TO BACK UP YOUR BLOWOUT OF THE JETS COMMENTS WITH SOME INTELLIGENT FOOTBALL POINTS AS TO WHY!
    Posted by rkarp

hahaha!  ^5  - good post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Negative posts about our team always make me wonder what other teams' sites look like. There are people here who do NOTHING but criticize (arguably) the top organization in the NFL over the past decade. What do the Lions fans debate? Heck, where do they BEGIN??????

Sections
Shortcuts