Take the TEXANS over INDY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Take the TEXANS over INDY?

I am not able to watch the game here, but I am following on the Internet.

Here is the play on ESPN:

P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to P.Garcon. PENALTY on HST-J.Reeves, Defensive Pass Interference, 43 yards, enforced at IND 38 - No Play.

Can anyone tell me how this went down? It makes no sense reading it. How could an incomplete pass over the short middle become a 43 yard DPI? It isn't PI until the ball is thrown and the ball was thrown short. How did the deep receiver get the PI call?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

it was a deep ball so deep it was even uncatchable... and there was some basic handchecking going on.
    you can watch the game on atdhe.net

In Response to Re: Take the TEXANS over INDY?:
    I am not able to watch the game here, but I am following on the Internet. Here is the play on ESPN: P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to P.Garcon. PENALTY on HST-J.Reeves, Defensive Pass Interference, 43 yards, enforced at IND 38 - No Play. Can anyone tell me how this went down? It makes no sense reading it. How could an incomplete pass over the short middle become a 43 yard DPI? It isn't PI until the ball is thrown and the ball was thrown short. How did the deep receiver get the PI call?
    Posted by EnochRoot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

it was a deep ball so deep it was even uncatchable... and there was some basic handchecking going on. you can watch the game on atdhe.net In Response to Re: Take the TEXANS over INDY? :
    Posted by sirpinochle

Thanks. That makes more sense. The play-by-play was written as if he threw it short to Garcon. 

However, if anyone can get a 43-yard DPI on a short pass over the middle, it would be the Colts and Manning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Dude... the ball was about 5-10 yards overthrown.... and there was minimal contact... maybe an arm touching an arm, but nothing that would ever warrant a PI...

You'll see the replay on ESPN and laugh...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Take the TEXANS over INDY? : Thanks. That makes more sense. The play-by-play was written as if he threw it short to Garcon.  However, if anyone can get a 43-yard DPI on a short pass over the middle, it would be the Colts and Manning.
    Posted by EnochRoot

If Houston loses this they got jobbed as bad as we did..I don't care if it was just a few calls the refs completely changed the momentum of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Dude... the ball was about 5-10 yards overthrown.... and there was minimal contact... maybe an arm touching an arm, but nothing that would ever warrant a PI... You'll see the replay on ESPN and laugh...
    Posted by IraqSteve

IS,

I have to correct you. Your last sentence should read, "Nothing that would ever warrant a PI against any team aside from the Colts..."

The funny thing is how they sometimes try to change up the gifts to the Colts. Last year, I remember several fumbles that the refs reversed to  incomplete passes. The PI though seem to be a regular thing. I guess it depends on which of the three ref kings is giving gifts that day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Well the FG miss was huge for momentum...

Shaub just threw a horrible pass on that 3rd & 7....

Defense needs to make a stop here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

And now all the defenders are yards away from the receivers, probably afraid of the PI calls...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

And the Colts take the lead for the first time today with 8m left in the game....  here we go!

Need a nice kick off return from Houston!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If I were a houston fan I would feel robbed.  Since I'm not a fan of either fan I just feel sad for the state of football in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Colt 3 penalties for 25 yards  Texans 10 for 129 yds. Texans at home.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unfortunately, again, many of you may have been REAL happy for a little over 3 quarters!  That stat line for penalties posted by ewhite is amazing.. even on the road the Colts get the Zebra's favorable "treatment"!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

well, the colts are either the most disciplined in the history of football or the refs just cant see anything they ever do wrong on the field. assumed they would lose but did not factor in the refs selling AGAIN to polian's boyz. what does he have on them? texans definitely need a new coach with some gravitas! a shanahan would be PERFECT! the coach is pulling a weis... just cant get over that hump right during a game or over a course of a season! just cant finish these things up. i just dont see how that changes next year or the year after with the same leadership group!

Sections
Shortcuts