Take their 1st round pick!!!!!! Jets are "cheating"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Take their 1st round pick!!!!!! Jets are "cheating"

Expecting consistency out of Roger Goodell is just being naive. Especially where the Jets are involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

The NFL has ruled the Jets did nothing wrong. NFL: The Jets operated within the league guidelines in what NFL spokesman Greg Aiello labeled a "nonissue" on Tuesday morning.

The difference between this and the Patriots is the lime-green vest? Jeaters!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i don't think roger jetell will punish the jets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

As much as I'd love to see it happen, doesn't look like the Jets did anything wrong. You can go to ProFootballTalk for the clarification offered. Provided the cameraman is dressed in the bright green vest, he can film from the sidelines.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Legal or not legal what this does is vindicate the people like myself that have said all along-- Every team does it in one way shape or form. So for all the trolls who said they wanted proof. Here it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Take their 1st round pick!!!!!! Jets are "cheating":
    [QUOTE]Legal or not legal what this does is vindicate the people like myself that have said all along-- Every team does it in one way shape or form. So for all the trolls who said they wanted proof. Here it is.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

co-sign

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Just listening to Patriots radio and they were talking about this.
    Now they are reporting that the league is going to look into it. Ya right!
    Anyway, if it is what they say, then wouldn't the league already know about it?
    Doesn't smell right.
    They were also (rightfully so) screaming "what if it were the Pats doing this?"
    We really need to hear from Kraft, not the Jets or CoverJets Gods-hell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

**** you Goodell!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Why do you want goodell to take away the jets 1st round pick? Don't you want to see them drafting another gholston? Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Instead of taking their 1st round pick make them use it to pick Gholston on ground hog day every year for three years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Special assignment.Maybe he was filming Rex's wifes feet

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

They talked about it on Around the Horn at the end in Showdown and Gene Wojciechowski and Kevin Blackistone both said they didn't think anything bad was going on there.  What a big surprise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

lets just leave it be.  Bringing it up again just brings it up again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The cheatin' bast*rds!  Their last two AFC Championships are now tainted.  Oops, sorry,  what AFC Championships?  That's right they haven't won any.  They can't even cheat and win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I do find it incredible (OK, maybe not) that the media is downplaying this so much.

Let me first state what I've always believed: THE RULE ITSELF IS MORONIC AND SHOULD BE STRUCK FROM THE RULEBOOK.

Unless the NFL comes out and says definitively that they've got a security/quality control guy up there in the "approved filming locations" of every stadium checking those "approved" scouting tapes to make sure no shots of the opponent's sidelines are included, before those tapes are allowed to be taken out of the stadium and used by teams for scouting purposes, then they've simply got to strike the "filming" rule from the rulebook, entirely.

They've also got to ban binoculars and note books from the coaches booths for that matter.

I don't think there's anything wrong with filming another team's signals. Just like there's nothing wrong with trying to decipher them through other methods. It's part of sports, not just football, and it's been going on forever.

So basically, I think what the Jets were or were not doing with that camera last Sunday is absolutely, positively no big deal--just like what the Patriots were doing prior to 2007 was absolutely, positively no big deal.

What I would like, however, is some consistency from this clown of a commissioner and the ludicrous sportsmedia in this country.

Why is this no big deal to the media but what the Patriots did was Watergate and the Teapot Dome Scandal all rolled into one?

It's clear that neither Goodell or the media have any credibility left if they just let this one go and dismiss it out of hand.....the Jets are violating the "no filming from the sidelines" rule. It's a dumb, foolish rule, but nevertheless, it was being violated in plain site and was caught on camera.

Do something about it "Red Light," and tell your media minions that it's EXACTLY the same thing the Pats were doing, and that they should cover the story EXACTLY the same way they covered Spygate.

Consistency anyone?

Hello? McFly?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

The problem I have with it is the fact that we as Pats fans were left to defend the actions of our team, essentially becoming experts of the whole saga itself.  To this day, go on any MB and you'll be called a Cheater, etc... Sure there were some coaches that came to our defense, but they are rapidly dismissed regardless of their resumes.

Now, here you have photographic proof of the same thing, which if approached appropriately by the league office, might soften the longterm suffering we've gone through.

What does the entire freaking NFL world do?  "Eh, no biggie."

It's like be punished all over again, in a sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Do you actually think that after there was almost no football that Goodell will make a big deal of this? Kraft probably told him to let a dead dog lie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

here is a link I found, they will sweep it under the rug Im sure

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/jets_appear_to_pull_spygate_move_against_patriots_on_sunday_but_sideline_camera_during_game_was_within_rules_photo/7350736

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

goodell: "it's ok because it's the jets"

what a double standard

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: Take their 1st round pick!!!!!! Jets are "cheating":
    [QUOTE]here is a link I found, they will sweep it under the rug Im sure http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/jets_appear_to_pull_spygate_move_against_patriots_on_sunday_but_sideline_camera_during_game_was_within_rules_photo/7350736
    Posted by 00chief00[/QUOTE]

Um, OK Mr. Breer, the rule states "club video crews..." are allowed on the sidelines with cameras?

Wasn't Mr. Estrella part of the Patriots' "club video crew?"

So how was this "well within the rules?" Was it because the Jets' guy has a lime green vest on?

So basically Breer is saying that the Pats were docked a first round pick and fined $750K because Estrella didn't have on a lime green vest, right?

Un-freakin-believable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tempest in a tea cup. Nothing will happen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

guys. wat this comes down to is who care wat narrow minded, jealous, and stupid fans think. there is no difference between our issue and this. none. zero. nunca. zip. nada.

but guess what, it wasnt a WINNING TEAM.

Champion coaches have backed BB, but guess what, the morons would rather listen to idiot players and analysts who coincidently, havent won anything.

the solution: DONT CARE. like the late great AL said, "Just Win Baby."

Sections
Shortcuts