Take Vereen Out of Game - Take Out Offense Altogether?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Take Vereen Out of Game - Take Out Offense Altogether?

That's how your Jets would play him....we will use him as a decoy if they worry about him too much.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all know how important Gronk was to the offense.  Vereen played a big role in making up for Gronk's loss.  That being said, if opponents now take Vereen out of a game- where does that leave the Patriots' offense?

[/QUOTE]

With opportunities in the short passing game around him. Witness last week's game. 

NE needs to get Thompkins and Dobson back though, because a little bit of height goes a long wahy in the endzone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We all know how important Gronk was to the offense.  Vereen played a big role in making up for Gronk's loss.  That being said, if opponents now take Vereen out of a game- where does that leave the Patriots' offense?

[/QUOTE]

Stop spamming our board, Bustchise. There are literally 3 open threads to discuss gameplan strategy on right now.

Go away.

Mods, please delete this thread for spamming.

[/QUOTE]

If they started doing that you'd lose 2316 posts.

You wouldnt have that much again until Saturday morning.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Stop spamming our board, Bustchise. There are literally 3 open threads to discuss gameplan strategy on right now.

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, my.  As if the continued pleas from this loser to "stop using my words" or to "stop using that phrase" aren't sad and pathetic enough, now he's pleading with the mods to delete a thread... why?  Does it contain post after post from Melshit with his 4th grade graphics projects? No? It's actually about football?  Then why?

What a complete loser the ban king is begging for hlp from the mods that have banned him over 20 times for being the board idiot.  Cannot be made up.  What a loser.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You trolling and now stalking me is all I need as proof that I bludgeoned you again recently.

This fact is delicious!

[/QUOTE]

As delicious as your playing BB's hairy bagpipe last night?  Did you whisper to him how awesome his new foundation is?  He likely wouldn't have been able to understand you with your mouth full.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Maybe Hooman get some passes his way.  Wouldn't mind seeing what Devlin could do at TE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You trolling and now stalking me is all I need as proof that I bludgeoned you again recently.

This fact is delicious!

[/QUOTE]

Again, you talk nothing football related.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With opportunities in the short passing game around him. Witness last week's game. 

NE needs to get Thompkins and Dobson back though, because a little bit of height goes a long wahy in the endzone.

[/QUOTE]

Vereen was taken out of the game last week - and the Patriots struggled.  Maybe Thompkins and Dobson will help like you said...we will see

[/QUOTE]

Well, for one, NE moved the ball. They had a little trouble moving it in the endzone, but by and large the offense was effective. 20 points (should have been 23) in nine drives with only 3 punts is actually very good. 

Both teams played ball control type offense for most of the game, limiting the number of drives and thus limiting the opportunity to score at all. 

NE might be a bit better in the Red Zone, but they weren't terrible there either. At any rate, that is where Dobson/Thompkins come in. Throwing fades to 5'10" WRs to win a game is not a recipe for success. At 6'3" Dobson can actually compete on those routes. Hopefully, they can leverage him into a legitimate end zone target to replace what Gronk supplied ... at least a little. 

Most of the underneath routes that were open were there so consistently because every time Vereen was on the field, he took two defenders with him. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's how your Jets would play him....we will use him as a decoy if they worry about him too much.

[/QUOTE]

what do the jets have to do with this thread?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're  Jets fan posting on it? Ya think, Bustchise?  Again, you're just not fooling anyone except for morons like TomHab, Babe, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Babe talks football, you talk nonsense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

that thought scares me... but once KT and AD get fully healthy if teams take out Vereen we still have the white combo (DA & JE) and a decent deep guy in AD and a great slippery slant guy in KT ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

that thought scares me... but once KT and AD get fully healthy if teams take out Vereen we still have the white combo (DA & JE) and a decent deep guy in AD and a great slippery slant guy in KT ...

[/QUOTE]

if you take out vereen - it certainly might increase our 3rd down woes.  Let's hope Thompkins, Dobson, and Boyce are up to the task

[/QUOTE]

yes, very true. but like i said we would still have two mini WW's and i amendola looks better and better every week. maybe he turns into a 3rd down phenom...? who knows. imo they should put collie in on every 3rd dwon. he is clutch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The pats need to keep changing up who gets the ball, where they get the ball and how they get the ball. and we cannot lose another body.We nave speedy , quick guys who run well in the open. that is what NcD has to get done

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

edelman and amendola?  How often were they on the field at the same time in terms of groupings, who would be the 3rd?  I think Thompkins/Dobson and either DA or JE would be a better grouping.  What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

i just looked up the snaps real quick. edelman played 79 of 81 and DA 66 of 81. i dont know the situational stats but they were always on the field together...

and for 3rd down to me depends on situation obviously... like inside the 20 i want Dobson/KT/JE. get a jump ball guy and two slippery runners out there.

further out... I really like Collie.

to me it all depends on play call. JE and KT are the best guys we have at running slants. slippery guys. so If the call is slants i want those two.

say there is a 10 yard dig involved i may go with Dobson so his big body can box out the CB and he can extend his longer arms in front.

to me its all situational... JE/KT great slant runners. Collie seems to thrive on quick outs and hitches which are good 3rd and medium routes.

DA i dont really know. i havent seen enough..

Dobson i like him on deep crosses to use the big body and arms

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

edelman and amendola?  How often were they on the field at the same time in terms of groupings, who would be the 3rd?  I think Thompkins/Dobson and either DA or JE would be a better grouping.  What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

i just looked up the snaps real quick. edelman played 79 of 81 and DA 66 of 81. i dont know the situational stats but they were always on the field together...

and for 3rd down to me depends on situation obviously... like inside the 20 i want Dobson/KT/JE. get a jump ball guy and two slippery runners out there.

further out... I really like Collie.

to me it all depends on play call. JE and KT are the best guys we have at running slants. slippery guys. so If the call is slants i want those two.

say there is a 10 yard dig involved i may go with Dobson so his big body can box out the CB and he can extend his longer arms in front.

to me its all situational... JE/KT great slant runners. Collie seems to thrive on quick outs and hitches which are good 3rd and medium routes.

DA i dont really know. i havent seen enough..

Dobson i like him on deep crosses to use the big body and arms

[/QUOTE]

What I am also saying

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Remember when Brady didn't have a Gronk?  As in when he won 3 SBs?  With the targets he has now: Amendola, Edelman, KT, Dobson, Collie, Blount, and, yes, Ridley - there's enough to put up enough points.  And I'm not including Vereen.  Spread the ball around efficiently and don't overcomplicate it.  Construct long drives to keep the D off the field enough to be at least competent.

It will still come down to beating Buffalo, I'm afraid.  And the Jests WILL lay down for the Fins on that week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The coaching staff better put in a heavy does of Vereen in the game plan for this Ravens game.  They made the biggest blunder of all last season against the Ravens in the playoffs when they hardley used him after having a huge game against the Texans the week before.  They were out coached last year vs the Ravens, they better find ways to get Vereen the ball this Sunday. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Mel,

I can have peace any time I choose to.....and there's NOTHING you can do to control me or anyone else on this forum. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing... mainly becuase he uses the large text and pictures. makes my scrolling ALOT easier....

Sections
Shortcuts