Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers?

Patriot’s fans understand players are catching some R and R during the bye week, resting injuries, pulling groins running to Cumby's from 'thieves?', and hopefully not engaging in too much Boston nightclub activity. Minus the illegal activity, and if Johnny Whilite was really running from thieves or just in a rush to get a 40 oz Bull Ice, we don't really know.

What really matters is New England's week 9 match-up VS. Miami "I talk too much bullcrap" Dolphins. Forget Joey Porter (great job posting two tackles BTW you fat mouth), their inconsistent back-up QB, and their 'wicked awesome' rookie corners. What really won Miami the game is Ted Ginn's record smashing special teams TD's (thanks to Larry Izzo for missing a tackle on one of them), and also Jason Taylor doing something cool again finally, grabbing a fumble recovery and taking it home for 6. When all was said and done, Miami's win happened to be a blessing on New England's part, separating the New York Jets further back from New England in the divisional race.

Miami's defense is junk, the Jets defense has been junk, and I don't really see Miami having much of chance coming close to winning in week 9. I do not see it happening even if Miami were playing at home, where most every year hell seems to erupt through Earth and everything goes fricken haywire, resulting in a lopsided victory for the 'Phins. Miami has recently been known to throw us off with their Wildcat formation (well maybe once in '08), but your out of your god damn mind if you think BB will let that ever happen again. Miami better be prepared for a new Patriot's defense that has the balls week to week that rotates play-making starters, only to ensure they have the perfect fit to smash the offense they are going up against.

Let’s take a look at this anticipated match-up and see who is going to be on the sleeper list for the Patriots while they post another 50+ point game...

Sam Aiken:

With Julian Eddlmen out with a broken arm, and a practically untested Brandon Tate coming in last week, expect Aiken to be the number three receiver. He is either going to have an explosive game or at lease take some heat of Randy Moss, in return have a dynamite game. Aikens size and speed combination has been noticed on special teams, and last week with a 54 yard TD reception (that was a screen pass) on offense, he has shown enough skill and knowledge to make him the perfect candidate.

Myron Pryor:

This might be a quite obvious decision, but it is harder to analyze given the current situation. Defensive tackle Ty Warren has been slowed down by an ankle injury given the rookie 6th rounder Myron Pryor more game time to establish his presence on the defensive line. 2nd round choice Ron Brace has been very slow to start this year seeing little to no time what-so-ever, but his added size to that of Pryor's stockiness might fit better against the Dolphins run game. However, given Pryor's ability to show he can be a force on the D-line makes him the #1 choice at backing up the defensive tackle spot, most-likely rotating with Ty Warren and Mike Wright in different packages.

Derrick Burgess:

Don't get all feisty on me yet; I know many Pat's fans have given up on the guy already, but the defensive scheme is pretty nifty out here, especially coming from Oakland’s defense. Many have failed under the Bellichick defense, but I think Burgess (the once great pro-bowl pass-rusher) will see more improvement from week-to-week here on out. If Chad Henne is going to throw the ball instead of whimping out in the Wildcat formation, expect Burgess to be right on top of him.

Other possible sleepers:

Junior Seau - We are going to need our entire inside linebackers to stop Miami's running game. Seau is pretty damn old, but that's just fine, he is going to need to come in when Jerod Mayo is tired, expect over 6 tackles from the over-the-hill monster. He was also part of a few blitz packages last week that proved he can be a threat at pass-rushing as well, making Josh Freeman for the Bucs dump his pants at least two or three times.

Ty Warren - If healthy expect the 6'5'' tackle to be in the face of Miami's Chad Henne's facemask all day, also providing some healthy run-stop off the D-line.

Darius Butler - His progression as an undersized cornerback has been great to watch this year, already posting two INT's his rookie season. Butler had some plays last week that he happened to blow, but expect #28 to see some more game time packaging with Shawn Springs (if active). Butler's missed plays are not something one should worry about too much; his coverage has been extremely tight on almost all of them.

Adalius Thomas - After his healthy inactivation Thomas' size and speed on the outside could help man the pass rush along side Burgess. I expect the outside linebacker to swat a few balls down from Henne, if not; he will most likely be drilling Ricky Williams into Miami's Gatorade container somewhere near their bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers?

Bart Scott..I think Your coach is calling. These Dolphins aren't the Yucks or the Titans..You sound awefully cocky for a team that just beat up 2 high school teams. Miami far and away has had the most difficult schedule in the nfl. The Pats better be ready to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

I appoligize Miami is more like an 1-AA team right now. Miami can't run away with this win in a dream, and don't expect their special teams to provide much of anything either like last week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers?:
    [QUOTE]Bart Scott..I think Your coach is calling. These Dolphins aren't the Yucks or the Titans..You sound awefully cocky for a team that just beat up 2 high school teams. Miami far and away has had the most difficult schedule in the nfl. The Pats better be ready to play.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

It's about to get more difficult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]I appoligize Miami is more like an 1-AA team right now. Miami can't run away  with this win in a dream, and don't expect their special teams to provide much of anything either like last week.
    Posted by BJhough[/QUOTE]
    Ginn just made up for those umteen drops he had the first 6 games of the season. You are going to be in for a rude awakening if you think this game is going to be a cake walk..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : It's about to get harder.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Really? Let's take a look at Miami's schedule the first 7 games...
    Home            Away
    Saints           Atlanta
    Colts             San Diego
    Buffalo           Jets
    Jets
    That's a combined record of 35-18
    The Patriots have plyed opponents with a combined record of 25-29.
    Miami's final 9 games include Tampa, Carolina, Tennessee, Buffalo, NE(2), Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Houston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

He just meant the Pats are next... I believe... at Gillette.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers?:
    [QUOTE]Minus the illegal activity, and if Brandon Meriwheather was really running from thieves or just in a rush to get a 40 oz Bull Ice, we don't really know.  Posted by BJhough[/QUOTE]

your a fcukin racist. if it was tom brady who claimed he was running from theives you wouldnt have made a comment about drinkin 40s, oh and by the way it was wilhite... not merriweather you ignorant piece of sh*t.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : your a fcukin racist. if it was tom brady who claimed he was running from theives you wouldnt have made a comment about drinkin 40s, oh and by the way it was wilhite... not merriweather you ignorant piece of sh*t.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Ummm haha. Yes it was Whilite, what a blessing for that god given speed.

By the way, I drink Bull Ice 40 oz. when I'm low on the $$, and sometimes I get them from Cumby's... and I happen to be a non-racist caucasian.

How about we slow down with your 'ignorance' on jumping toward a racial remark and wake the f*** up. Sigh.

Now... who else has sleepers for week 9?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Yea look for brandon tate to have a big day
    Moss will be dubled coverd
    and welker will be double coverd

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : the only one sleeping here is you.not only is your thread  ignorant,you cant even get the names of players right.it must be your beer.
    Posted by sorelosers[/QUOTE]

for real.
    this dudes fcukin ignorant.  its 2009 bruh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : the only one sleeping here is you.not only is your thread  ignorant,you cant even get the names of players right.it must be your beer.
    Posted by sorelosers[/QUOTE]

You're ignorant for thinking getting a 40oz is a discriminatory comment, Bull Ice is great, no harm done. I slipped on the name, I apoligized, that was stupid since I talked about this situation plenty of times.

How about responding to the thread rathering than picking it apart for potential discriminatory remarks, you fool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

I AGREE,  it will be Aiken or Tate at third but Aiken is more proven, I hope to see some good stuff from both of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

WAKE UP !!!

LETS hear some more week 9 sleepers, spill your thoughts. Who will step it up in the secondary? Who will come from behind in the wide-out spots? Will Sebatian Volmer be able to contain the Miami pass rush wit hthe advent of Matt Light? How will the running game fair, who is carrying the load this game?

I want others oppinions forget the first paragraph.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : Ummm haha. Yes it was Whilite, what a blessing for that god given speed. By the way, I drink Bull Ice 40 oz. when I'm low on the $$, and sometimes I get them from Cumby's... and I happen to be a non-racist caucasian. How about we slow down with your 'ignorance' on jumping toward a racial remark and wake the f*** up. Sigh. Now... who else has sleepers for week 9?
    Didn't you name just about the entire starting squad already?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Vollmer could have a really good game considering how much the Phins will bring to the pass rush. Tate wont be a sleeper I dont think, not enough time for him to be good yet he is still learning but i hope im wrong. I would love to see Burrgess shock me and play well but im not holding my breath. Mike Wright and Banta Cain need big games for us to win and Vince Wilfork better show up as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : Didn't you name just about the entire starting squad already?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

What? I don't think BB has put the same secondary starters out more than once this year, so that rules Darius Butler out. Starters like WARREN will be a sleeper because he is coming abck from injury. Adalius Thomas has had a sub-par season, he was a healthy inactive, by saying he will 'wake up' and playa great game is not very far fetched...

If you think Seau, Aiken, Burgess, and Pryor are starters you need to go look into the depth chart. (www.nfl.com) if you need help.

Was that serious?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

It's pretty clear what was wrote in this post is pretty gold, F the haters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]It's pretty clear what was wrote in this post is pretty gold, F the haters.

Nice name,  Swallows.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJhough. Show BJhough's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking a Nap Before Week 9; Who are Week 9's Sleepers? : Nice name,  Swallows.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

how clever.

Sections
Shortcuts