tale of 2 units The offesive juggernaut vs the defensive astronauts !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

tale of 2 units The offesive juggernaut vs the defensive astronauts !!!

the Offense has to take the heat for the last few games bad showings ,but they rank still in the top 5 in the nfl there stats are really good !!

PTS 31.0 (1st) YDS 436.1 (1st) PASS YDS 286.9 (5th) RUSH YDS 149.3 (5th)   On The Other hand the defense :   PTS 23.3 (19th) YDS 376   (23th) PASS YDS 290  (29th) RUSH YDS 86   (8th)  

The Rush defense is good enough but our db are giving more pass yards than the offense is gaining per game  290 yards given against 286.9 gained .

not talking about the 20+ plays given and the dumb PI calls , not turning thier heads around , cant cover any one , just looking like astronauts out there .

if the defense doesnt step up i think the offense will need to get more and more yards every game , cant have the defense giving more yards than the offense !!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: tale of 2 units The offesive juggernaut vs the defensive astronauts !!!

Funny Pats are #1 Offense despite the lack of good 4th Q's

The D is ranked #23 which is higher by 8 places over last year. They are also in the middle of the pack on most D stsats.  Their D is similar to the NYG whom I believe many think is good. Rushing D is 8th Passing is 29th.

Yes they need to get better but is it the DBs or Pass Rush that needs to get better? IMHO it is the pass rush. When Sanchez had 4 sec to throw it was bad but when it was less the DBs looked better.

But it seems we all forget that there is another team on the field who is also trying to out guess the Pats.

Maybe some of the angst against the OC should be on the DC. Seems that if the D is giving up so many long balls that the defensive play calling just might be as bad as some see the offensive play calling.

However my take on that is that on field captain has the ability to make changes as he sees fit.

So maybe the guys calling the plays on offense and defense are getting out guessed on D and  mainly in the 4th Q on offense????

I just see too many who only look at the Pats side of the ball and pay little to no attention to the opponent's side of the ball. Many also think (IMHO) that the Pats are that far superior to the opponents which is really wrong. From week to week the teams are much closer in personal in most positions then we care to believe.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The D is ranked #23 which is higher by 8 places over last year. They are also in the middle of the pack on most D stsats.  Their D is similar to the NYG whom I believe many think is good. Rushing D is 8th Passing is 29th.

Yes they need to get better but is it the DBs or Pass Rush that needs to get better? IMHO it is the pass rush. When Sanchez had 4 sec to throw it was bad but when it was less the DBs looked better.

But it seems we all forget that there is another team on the field who is also trying to out guess the Pats.

Maybe some of the angst against the OC should be on the DC. Seems that if the D is giving up so many long balls that the defensive play calling just might be as bad as some see the offensive play calling.

However my take on that is that on field captain has the ability to make changes as he sees fit.

So maybe the guys calling the plays on offense and defense are getting out guessed on D and  mainly in the 4th Q on offense????

I just see too many who only look at the Pats side of the ball and pay little to no attention to the opponent's side of the ball. Many also think (IMHO) that the Pats are that far superior to the opponents which is really wrong. From week to week the teams are much closer in personal in most positions then we care to believe.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is on the defensive side they have been facing some really mediocre QB's who have torched them. The offense, while having struggled at some of the worst times has been scoring points against some pretty good defenses. The Jets defense looked pretty good the other day. Brady had to throw into some tight coverages. Sanchez had a lot of wide open recievers and he still missed some badly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One stat. Defensive Passer Rating for us is 99. That means every QB who has played us is top 5 elite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One stat. Defensive Passer Rating for us is 99. That means every QB who has played us is top 5 elite.

[/QUOTE]

That stat is on both the DBs and Pass rush. No rush gives time for the QB to throw.

Also the D maybe playing to stop other parts of the other teams O and letting the QB who maybe a lesser QB beat them?????

People only look at what they see as not working on their team and seldomly see or look at or include what the other team is doing that is working.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe the stat pick and choose man. Just ignore the 1 for 6 in the red zone against Seattle or the 50% 3rd down efficiency from the jets game. I know you love your offensive yardage stats. too bad you're too dishonest to admit that they don't translate to points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the Offense has to take the heat for the last few games bad showings ,but they rank still in the top 5 in the nfl there stats are really good !!

PTS 31.0 (1st) YDS 436.1 (1st) PASS YDS 286.9 (5th) RUSH YDS 149.3 (5th)   On The Other hand the defense :   PTS 23.3 (19th) YDS 376   (23th) PASS YDS 290  (29th) RUSH YDS 86   (8th)  

The Rush defense is good enough but our db are giving more pass yards than the offense is gaining per game  290 yards given against 286.9 gained .

not talking about the 20+ plays given and the dumb PI calls , not turning thier heads around , cant cover any one , just looking like astronauts out there .

if the defense doesnt step up i think the offense will need to get more and more yards every game , cant have the defense giving more yards than the offense !!

[/QUOTE]

They don't need yards they need points. This isn't fantasy football.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

They don't need yards they need points. This isn't fantasy football.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats are 1st in the league in points scored, as well as yards. I do feel there is a fall-off in Brady's performance as the game wears on but then again he is not 22 any more. Our pass defense has to be able to manage 3rd and long. Until they do that, no lead is safe.