Talib and Amendola back at practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Talib and Amendola back at practice

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751784/talib-and-amendola-present-at-practice

Hope they can return soon.

Kelly is still out.

Leon Washington, who cares?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Talib and Amendola back at practice

I dont get the Washington vitriol? He is injured. If healthy, he certainly would be an ungrade over Blount as the primary KR. In addition, he w/b the best check down option out of the backfield until Vareen returns (still 4 games away)

He is making very low money

If he can get healthy, suggest we give him a chance to prove his worth 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont get the Washington vitriol? He is injured. If healthy, he certainly would be an ungrade over Blount as the primary KR. In addition, he w/b the best check down option out of the backfield until Vareen returns (still 4 games away)

Agreed, even if we only had him available returning kickoffs for the playoofs he would be worth the money.  Did you moaners really think he'd be taking snaps from Ridley and Bolden?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

good news.  Let's hope at least Talib plays vs. Dolphins. Not expecting DA to play in games for a while longer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agreed, even if we only had him available returning kickoffs for the playoofs he would be worth the money.  Did you moaners really think he'd be taking snaps from Ridley and Bolden?

again, if healthy, I would not mind seeing Washington on some passes out of the backfield. Better hands than Ridley or Bolden...I also think we are seeing less of Blount back there due to his missed blocking assignments...Washington a very good blocker

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Expect Amendola to play.

Talib? I have my doubts about this week. Give him another week or so to recover entirely. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

again, if healthy, I would not mind seeing Washington on some passes out of the backfield. Better hands than Ridley or Bolden...I also think we are seeing less of Blount back there due to his missed blocking assignments...Washington a very good blocker

I wouldn't be surprised if when Vereen comes back Blount gets cut, Muz was right about this guy from day one, the guy is too big to play so small.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

We need Kelly back to .....he can really help in the run game......I'm ok with Jones/Vellano/Kelly rotation given the circumstances.

Also a Jones/Nick/Carter rotation at the end positions work for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if when Vereen comes back Blount gets cut, Muz was right about this guy from day one, the guy is too big to play so small.

was never a fan of Blount, but I also have concerns with Vareen, Wash and Bolden staying healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We all should be happy he's played 1 out of 7 games?  This guy was brought in to salvage the worst return game in the league last year.  Instead his fragile body parts are now part of the problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751784/talib-and-amendola-present-at-practice

Hope they can return soon.

Kelly is still out.

Leon Washington, who cares?

We all do... look I can't take Blount returning kicks anymore.  I think teams are trying to make him take it out because they know he won't go far, and they're hoping something bad happens...  It's frustrating as to why Washington is signed, cut, signed, not playing..., ect.  But they can use him for kick offs, and hopefully in some capacity in the pass game till Vereen gets back.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I don't think that it is unreasonable to think that they could easily knock each other out of practice on a single play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Expect Amendola to play.

Talib? I have my doubts about this week. Give him another week or so to recover entirely. 

I dunno, man, he was clocked but good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Did Leo Washington manage even one good kick off return after he signed as a Patriot and before he was hurt?  His stat for this year is 1 rush for 1 yard, and played in 2 games out of 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Did Leo Washington manage even one good kick off return after he signed as a Patriot and before he was hurt?  His stat for this year is 1 rush for 1 yard, and played in 2 games out of 7.

look at his production last year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe, but Blount does provide a bit of a safety net with the injuries all the other RBs have had.  And he has made himself useful as a KR too.  So I could se himstaying.  But I agree he's only a pretty average back. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

look at his production last year

That was last year. If he would be able to go anywhere near that level of production, Seattle would have kept him. What does Seattle know that you don't know?

Sections
Shortcuts