Talib and Buchanan

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Talib and Buchanan

Buchanan looks very good add some muscles and he could be a great opposite to Chandler Jones.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good point.  I'm as guilty as anyone of over-looking late round picks involved in trades, but sometimes they really turn into something.  Say what you will about BB's drafting, yes he has had plenty of 2nd round whiffs, but he does a great job of making the most of late round picks.  I'm not going to crown Buchanan yet, as he hasn't really proven anything yet, but he does look promising.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

I forgot we got back a 7th for our 4th in the Talib deal.

So far, Buchanan is making a much bigger impact over who TB drafted in RD 4.

Thanks, BB.

They drafted a DE by the name of Gholston with that pick. Not a misprint or a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Always thought Buchanan could be a situational guy. Thing is he could still get better. Talib is Talib. I'd like to see the Pats brass extend him, but its probably not at the price he wants. Seein some great play from Dennard and especially Arrington.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Thanks, BB.

you didn't get the memo. we are only supposed to criticize belichick the gm. that's how the fanbase blows off steam when the team doesn't win the super bowl every year

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

He's looked good out there, always putting on pressure. Very good for a 7 th round pick imo and he's only going to get better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Buchanan got Cunningham axed, I like him already.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X4

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I don't think it took much to get Cunningham axed after his suspension last year, but I hear you.

Scholes and Giggs are some of my all time favourites in ManU. And of course Schmeichel. Got a song about him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Sometimes I wish Ninko would move back to LB and they would give Buchanon a chance to play LDE full time.  I think Ninko (although I like him) is over-matched most times. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thanks, BB.

They drafted a DE by the name of Gholston with that pick. Not a misprint or a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Actually related to Vernon Gholston, William Gholston Mich State.  Has the measurables but people were not sure about the drive.  Sounds familiar.

Bucs agreed to terms with No. 126 overall pick DE William Gholston on a four-year contract. Gholston is an imposing 6-foot-6, 281 pounds with 34-inch arms, but lacks high-end athleticism (4.96 40-yard dash, 1.73 ten-yard split). He's more adept at swallowing up blockers than exploding off the edge. Gholston will likely play limited snaps as a rotational end this season.  May 14 - 4:08 PM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

on draft day when they got Buchanan I heard Mayock, Kiper and McShay all said Buchanan was a 4th/5th round talent that fell. He had a great 40 time and great game speed as well. His stock dropped because his stats dropped in 2012 because Whitney Mercilous left for the draft. So that shows Buchanan is most effective when he's the second best rusher on a team (aka Patriots- Chandler Jones) so he fell in the draft maybe for his stats and his weight I would assume. If his play continues, I'd say this is a steal of a 7th round pick. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Certainly turned out to be a good deal for the Pats.  Hopefully, Buchanan's development continues, and Talib resigns after the season.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Dooley...

When I saw your thread title, I was wondering where you were going with it...

Anyway, not only are they linked by that awesome trade but you could argue that those 2 guys are the key components of this years resurgent D...  fast situational pass rusher combined with aggressive coverage equals sacks and picks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think it took much to get Cunningham axed after his suspension last year, but I hear you.

Scholes and Giggs are some of my all time favourites in ManU. And of course Schmeichel. Got a song about him?

[/QUOTE]

Schimeichel? Sad to say, I never heard one for such a Man U legend. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sometimes I wish Ninko would move back to LB and they would give Buchanon a chance to play LDE full time.  I think Ninko (although I like him) is over-matched most times. 

Disagree. Nink is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 OLB.   He's not fast enough to play as a 4-3 OLB.  Think Mike Vrabel.  Either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.

I think what you see as over-matched is really Nink being responsible for many different roles.  

This is kind of why a Dumervil, Von Miller, Clay Matthews, etc, wouldn't be welcomed here.  All they care about is rushing the passer.  Run D? Not a chance.

[/QUOTE]

The reason I dislike Nink is because he's not a pass rusher, if he were a OLB in a 4-3, I'd love him because he has good athletcism, he's great in zones and he's a high motor guy. But as a DE? Good god, the man is not a one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dooley...

When I saw your thread title, I was wondering where you were going with it...

Anyway, not only are they linked by that awesome trade but you could argue that those 2 guys are the key components of this years resurgent D...  fast situational pass rusher combined with aggressive coverage equals sacks and picks.

Yeah.  I realized once I went back and looked at the deal, it proved an overwhelming win.    If Blount comes through, that deal also may pay dividends.

[/QUOTE

And this Sunday... These 2 teams will see which component of which trade will be the difference for this game...  You gotta love the NFL.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts