Talib back next year ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Talib back next year ?

Since coming in, he has let his play do the talking and today I saw some interview with him that says he likes the Patriots way of doing business, he fits in well here and he has definitely had a positive impact on our D.... Do the Pats resign him? Will he want to be here?

I say Yes and Yes. He has been on the dysfunctional side of the game and now sees the way it should be. I think he signs for two years to get more of a good thing....

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Talib back next year ?

Here's what Belichick says about him--

“He’s a good football player, good teammate [and] he’s very well respected because of his professionalism,’ said Patriots coach Bill Belichick when asked about Talib on Wednesday. “He studies hard and prepares well. He’s tough. He competes well, both in practice and on Sundays. Smart kid. I like him; the team likes him. He’s a good guy to be around, and he works hard and competes well. I think those are his most impressive qualities.”

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/01/16/aqib-talib-looks-to-stymie-joe-flacco-and-ravens-quick-strike-passing-attack/

and Bill doesn't say that much about a player very often  (unless of coarse he s on the other team)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

i hope he is back! I put him as the #1a FA we got to resign with Welker!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I think they are going to let Chung walk. hopefully will resign Vollmer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From everything I've seen and heard, I think he's a guy you want back.  I'm hoping he's one of those Corey Dillon or Randy Moss like guys that has a bad rap, but ends up being a model citizen once you put him in a highly professional atmosphere like that Pats have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Important to resign him...he has been effective and we need the continuity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

From everything I've seen and heard, I think he's a guy you want back.  I'm hoping he's one of those Corey Dillon or Randy Moss like guys that has a bad rap, but ends up being a model citizen once you put him in a highly professional atmosphere like that Pats have.

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I hoping he isn't a Corey Dillion or Randy Moss type personally. The kid is still young and both Dillion and Moss were essentially kicked off the team when they reverted back to their old ways. I'm hoping Talib stays on his best behavior and ends his career more closely to that of Lewis after the murder arrest. Being a model player and a leader in the clubhouse 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the door is open for Talib. The Pats will put a $$$ figure on his worth and wont cross the line with him, same as they do every other player/free agent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Be a good guy to bring back at BB's price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'd defintely like to see him back.Since he's gotten here,he's brought an attitude that others picked up on and really helped the defense become a better unit.

I'd be surprised if he isn't here next year.Bill likes him and he likes being here.He'd probably take less from the Pats than other teams might offer.He's enjoying his first playoffs and a competitive player wants to know that almost every season he'll be in them.He knows he's in a good stable situation now playing on a great team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He will not be back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

the door is open for Talib. The Pats will put a $$$ figure on his worth and wont cross the line with him, same as they do every other player/free agent.

This.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

He will not be back.

Why not?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think he will be back.  Have heard nothing but + things about him from BB and others on the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

He will not be back.

Why not?

Too much money for the amount of sample we have seen.

Talib has looked good...most of the time...been outta position a few.

That being said, he strikes me as someone who will go for the max contract, and I don't blame him. The Patriots haven't seen enough yet to break the bank with him so he will not get his best offer here and will move on.

Let's see how it goes Sunday. We let the Ravens throw deep on us during the first game. Talib and Dennard will have their chance to keep that from happening.

If Talib has a banner day...who knows about the money.

Problem is a tough decision lies ahead with Volmer. We need a premier wide receiver (Lloyd ain't it). And Welker had damn well get a contract. We need a legit Safety as well.

If Talib and the Pats can move off their marks...perhaps it will get done. I'm just not feeling it thats all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Talib wins a SB ring this year, he may be temted to take the money elsewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I hope hes back, When Talib is in the game the defense Has a swagger about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Vollmer, Welker and Talib are the big 3 FAs

2013 WRs: Colston, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, D Thomas, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Antonio Brown, Aj Gree, etc

We're going to be playing a lot of good WRs coming up. If they don't resign Talib, then they're going to need to find another cb. Judging by their drafting history, it's going to have to come via FA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

2013 WRs: Colston, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, D Thomas, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Antonio Brown, Aj Gree, etc

We're going to be playing a lot of good WRs coming up. If they don't resign Talib, then they're going to need to find another cb. Judging by their drafting history, it's going to have to come via FA

I wouldn't mind getting Steve Smith fairly cheap for one or two years. Not a player who would be on the field a ton but would add field stretching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Since coming in, he has let his play do the talking and today I saw some interview with him that says he likes the Patriots way of doing business, he fits in well here and he has definitely had a positive impact on our D.... Do the Pats resign him? Will he want to be here?

I say Yes and Yes. He has been on the dysfunctional side of the game and now sees the way it should be. I think he signs for two years to get more of a good thing....

Your thoughts?

i get him for 4 option 5, 2 guaranteed (behavior clause). this is the first time in years we have a chance to have a real defense, that the playiing man with talib allows, and dennard to a lesser extent. if we do this and get a pass rusher in the offseason, look out. whether we add teh safety too or not.

heres what i like to do sign byrd/goldson, one of the many pass rusher free agents, and maybe a speedy linebacker.

in draft xavier rhodes, the big tough, fast cb, a big outside wr 6 2"+ 200+ (several in draft), and interior o line.

chung can walk. arrington 1-2 mil or let walk. chung bye.

edelman 3 yrs 7-8 mil welker 5 yeears 30 mil or tag, vollmer 4yrs - 24ish, woody 1-2 mil

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

i hope he is back! I put him as the #1a FA we got to resign with Welker!

absolutely right. hes more valuable to the team than welker.

the de turns on its head wehn he is on this team. ive got stats out the ying yang, but you can see it and teh players have also said so (even more than welker to the offense). 

and i too sign, or tag if needed, both

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I wouldn't mind getting Steve Smith fairly cheap for one or two years. Not a player who would be on the field a ton but would add field stretching.

Those aren't free agent WRs. Those are the WRs the Pats will be facing. Might need to add G. Jennings to that list too if he goes to MIA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

This guy has turned the D around and as others have said he gives them some swagger about them.

He definitely turned the season around.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

This guy has turned the D around and as others have said he gives them some swagger about them.

He definitely turned the season around.

+1