Talib Deal Close

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Talib Deal Close

@NBCdianna: Source: Aqib Talib is very close to a deal with Patriots. #NFLFreeagency

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 15m Source: Redskins wants Aqib Talib but Patriots are offering better deal 

Dianna is NBC reporter in Washington.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Talib Deal Close

yes, yes, yes, yes.

thank you. get it done!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Excellent. Edelman and Talib staying as predicted.

Very, very nice. From there, it will be about clipping the low hanging fruit with teams in cap hell.

[/QUOTE]

Just heard it on comcast with felger n merloni in boston 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I hope it's under 10 mill per though//./.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

depending on the deal this could be good or bad. Honestly don't want to invest a lot into a guy that can't be there when we need him and can only give top end performance for half a season. That's a huge gamble if there is any real money involved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This ^

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope it's under $5mil per. He's worth $10mil for a full season but half a season and no playoffs? Yeah wouldn't give him that much. That contract would haunt us like Amendola's does

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This ^

[/QUOTE]

But regardless i am all for it... Call me crazy, I hope there is at least a slight window for revis if he is released, even on a one year 8 mil type of deal.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

so this means that we won`t bring nobody?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'll believe it when I see it on both Edelman and Talib.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hope you are right Russ and that Talib can stay on the field in the biggest games of his career. 

Paying him 7-8m or whatever it is is a complete waste if he can't play in the post season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I doubt Talib is under 9-10mil a year.

yeah he has the injury thing but seriously, Sam freakin Shields got 10 a year.

no way Talib is under 9 imo, if so... BB owned that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope it's under $5mil per. He's worth $10mil for a full season but half a season and no playoffs? Yeah wouldn't give him that much. That contract would haunt us like Amendola's does

[/QUOTE]

Man, you really just want something to b*tch about, don't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Excellent. Edelman and Talib staying as predicted.

Very, very nice. From there, it will be about clipping the low hanging fruit with teams in cap hell.

[/QUOTE]

Clipping your own "low hanging fruit"?  Isn't that cannibalism?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt Talib is under 9-10mil a year.

yeah he has the injury thing but seriously, Sam freakin Shields got 10 a year.

no way Talib is under 9 imo, if so... BB owned that

[/QUOTE]

that would be an awful lot to pay someone with a major hip issue that has reoccured 3 times already and can't stay healthy in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you really want a guy who disappeared in 2 AFCCG's for $10mil a year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

if we sign Edelman and Talib could we forget about an impact player via FA?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

He had the leverage.   I know you're young, but you need to learn.

[/QUOTE]

Learn what? Shields got 11M and Skins were gonna give Talib a huge deal reportedly but maybe not since BB out bid them? Idk, we will see when the details come out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if we sign Edelman and Talib could we forget about an impact player via FA?

[/QUOTE]

yeah I'd rather let Edelman walk and get a Tuck or Whitner

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes he does. Of course if we didn't sign Edelman or Talib it would have been a mistake.  If we sign them then we will have paid too much for "red flag" players....or we should have signed somebody from another team because signing your own free agents that already do well in your system is bad team building! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yes he does. Of course if we didn't sign Edelman or Talib it would have been a mistake.  If we sign them then we will have paid too much for "red flag" players....or we should have signed somebody from another team because signing your own free agents that already do well in your system is bad team building! 

I'll say it again since you don't understand Talib is injury prone signing him to a big contract is a mistake if that's the case. I would gladly place a bet of everything I own that he will get injured again next season would you place that same bet that he won't? So call it hindsight like when I called Amendola if you like but taking on too many injury risk red flags is bad business esp for large contracts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I would make it incentive loaded.  You know the problem let's make it this way if you play and that way if you don't.  Both sides win.  Top CBs are there for the full year.  Talib can't be counted on that and has to know that this is the stain on that expensive shirt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The difference between Talib and Amendola, though, is that Talib can actually play at a high level when he's healthy.  Amendola is just a mid-tier receiver at best.  There is some risk with Talib's recurring hip injury, but at least Talib is capable of being a true impact player. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The difference between Talib and Amendola, though, is that Talib can actually play at a high level when he's healthy.  Amendola is just a mid-tier receiver at best.  There is some risk with Talib's recurring hip injury, but at least Talib is capable of being a true impact player. 

[/QUOTE]

this is true but still not a $10mil a year player. Much rather Verner if we are to pay that much or invest into 2 position like say Whitner and A. Jones

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He had the leverage.   I know you're young, but you need to learn.

[/QUOTE]

Learn what? Shields got 11M and Skins were gonna give Talib a huge deal reportedly but maybe not since BB out bid them? Idk, we will see when the details come out

[/QUOTE]

Whatever numbers the Skins were throwing out were not real numbers.  Trust me.

AGents, teams, etc, plant a lot of garbage in the media. Why do you think I can predict all of this so easily? It's because I know what they're doing.

I am just saying, Ted Thompson's lack of leverage on Shields has NOTHING to do with BB's leverage on Talib.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that the Redskins were pushing up the cost of Talib?  Wow! Brilliant.