Talib Deal Close

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Talib Deal Close

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The difference between Talib and Amendola, though, is that Talib can actually play at a high level when he's healthy.  Amendola is just a mid-tier receiver at best.  There is some risk with Talib's recurring hip injury, but at least Talib is capable of being a true impact player. 

[/QUOTE]

Talib is emotionally weak and can easily be taken out of games by physical receivers as we saw this year.  Just because the patsies D goes from average to bad doesn't mean that he plays at a high level.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He had the leverage.   I know you're young, but you need to learn.

[/QUOTE]

Learn what? Shields got 11M and Skins were gonna give Talib a huge deal reportedly but maybe not since BB out bid them? Idk, we will see when the details come out

[/QUOTE]

Whatever numbers the Skins were throwing out were not real numbers.  Trust me.

AGents, teams, etc, plant a lot of garbage in the media. Why do you think I can predict all of this so easily? It's because I know what they're doing.

I am just saying, Ted Thompson's lack of leverage on Shields has NOTHING to do with BB's leverage on Talib.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that the Redskins were pushing up the cost of Talib?  Wow! Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. I am saying the Skins or whoever else were never in the ballpark, stupid.

Nice job showing you can't read yet again.

[/QUOTE]

Don't confuse mocking your idiocy with not being able to read.   So how much did Talib sign for, 3 mil? 4 mil?  I know BB didn't give him market value, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The difference between Talib and Amendola, though, is that Talib can actually play at a high level when he's healthy.  Amendola is just a mid-tier receiver at best.  There is some risk with Talib's recurring hip injury, but at least Talib is capable of being a true impact player. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Amendola is not owed that much under his contract here. Please read the contract.

I would take Amendola over Mike Wallace in milliseconds and BB did. 

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you post the contract details, Bean Queen.  Define "not that much" idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Why don't you post the contract details, Bean Queen.  Define "not that much" idiot.

Wallace:

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead 2013 1,000,000 2,200,000 50,000 3,250,000 27,000,000 2014 15,000,000 2,200,000 50,000 17,250,000 23,800,000 2015 9,850,000 2,200,000 50,000 12,100,000 6,600,000 2016 11,450,000 2,200,000 50,000 13,700,000 4,400,000 2017 11,450,000 2,200,000 50,000 13,700,000 2,200,000

Amendola:

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead 2013 2,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 3,575,000 10,000,000 2014 3,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 4,575,000 6,800,000 2015 4,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 5,575,000 3,600,000 2016 5,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 6,575,000 2,400,000 2017 6,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 7,575,000 1,200,000

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I don't want Taliban for big $. Needs to be pats friendly.

if not go after Revis if he is cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Amendola is not owed that much under his contract here. Please read the contract.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^Really enjoying Bustchise becoming unglued with some bad news from his point of view.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Yes, bean queen, asking you to back up your moronic posts is "becoming unglued".  Hilarious and pathetic all rolled into one. LoooooSIR.  So, queenie, how much is "not that much"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He averages $5.7 million per year under his deal.  This year his cap hit is $4.6.  Last year and this year, the Pats will have paid him $11 million.  

By comparison, Jordy Nelson's salary averages 3.2 per year and his cap hit this year will be 4.4 million. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wallace:

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead 2013 1,000,000 2,200,000 50,000 3,250,000 27,000,000 2014 15,000,000 2,200,000 50,000 17,250,000 23,800,000 2015 9,850,000 2,200,000 50,000 12,100,000 6,600,000 2016 11,450,000 2,200,000 50,000 13,700,000 4,400,000 2017 11,450,000 2,200,000 50,000 13,700,000 2,200,000

Amendola:

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead 2013 2,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 3,575,000 10,000,000 2014 3,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 4,575,000 6,800,000 2015 4,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 5,575,000 3,600,000 2016 5,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 6,575,000 2,400,000 2017 6,000,000 1,200,000 375,000 7,575,000 1,200,000[/QUOTE]

Queenie's little helper? Why are you comparing Glassman to Wallace?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I bet you it's about 8 mil it won't be over 10 if hes signed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope it's under 10 mill per though//./.

[/QUOTE]

I hope it's under $5mil per. He's worth $10mil for a full season but half a season and no playoffs? Yeah wouldn't give him that much. That contract would haunt us like Amendola's does

[/QUOTE]

Man, you really just want something to b*tch about, don't you?

[/QUOTE]

you really want a guy who disappeared in 2 AFCCG's for $10mil a year?

[/QUOTE]

What does Brady do in AFC title games since 2007?

He disappears now at 14 million per.

Fact.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean the whole F'n defense disappeared at 53M a year + another 15M in dead money each year, from BADDDDDDD defensive players  from BADDDDDD  BB contracts? 

And has since 2006? 

That's what the rest of the world sees.

FACT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want Vontae Davis over Talib.  Got a little excited when I read Davis going to sign with someone other then the Colts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

because you said define 'not that much'

Wallace's cap hit exceed 12M every year of the deal and Amendola's only 7.5M at its highest.

so 5-7 more a year for Wallace who sucks too.

they both are bad, for now, but atleast we arent as held down as Mia

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I want Verner more then I want Talib, but I'm excited to hear we might get him back. For a while, I was worried we were going to end up empty handed in the CB department.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wallace's cap hit exceed 12M every year of the deal and Amendola's only 7.5M at its highest.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, genius, Wallace had 70+ catches for almost a 1000 yards and idn't have Tom Brady throwing to him.  Amendola is a FA bust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey, genius, Wallace had 70+ catches for almost a 1000 yards and idn't have Tom Brady throwing to him.  Amendola is a FA bust.

[/QUOTE]

yes, he is.

so is wallace for the $ they pay him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike Wallace was given a contract twice the amount of Amendola and will put a stranglehold on the Dolphins like "Tone" Holmes did on the Jets.

Also, Amendola will likely play here minimum one more year and NE is not bound to a contract past 2014.

Wallace was the prized FA and sucked overall, regardless of bloated stats.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, "bloated".  You're right on this though, Wallace is overpaid.  He should be putting up Welker 2007-20012 numbers.  Although defensive rookie of the month, Milliner, shut him down, he had a 100 yard game when the patsies lost to Miami when Tannehill had his career day vs that poor D.  Oh my, Bean Queen, you've been bludgeoned AGAIN. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Meh, Revis is on the market. Let's see what he wants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lets be clear here. BB had ZERO leverage on Talib. Talib had all of the leverage, and used it. If the Pats sign him, the numbers will be shocking, and I do expect the Pats to sign him, which I have said all along...

Surprise team in on Talib is Philly along with Washington. Jets still in on Talib as well

Not so sure Edelman stays however

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope it's under 10 mill per though//./.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure it will be. As predicted, the market for him would not have been big. Washington was a tire kicker.  They can't compete in the cap hell.  THey couldn't last year and can't this year. After that, I can't think of one team that would compete and offer that environment Talib has relished here. It doesn't exist.

I tried to warn. No one wants to listen.  The player wants to be here, is very good and isn't going to start shopping NE's offer around.

HE knows his best shot is here as did his agent and NE.

I cannot say it enough.  

[/QUOTE]

I read yesterday that Washington has $20 million + in cap space available. That dont seem like cap hell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets be clear here. BB had ZERO leverage on Talib. Talib had all of the leverage, and used it. If the Pats sign him, the numbers will be shocking, and I do expect the Pats to sign him, which I have said all along...

Surprise team in on Talib is Philly along with Washington. Jets still in on Talib as well

[/QUOTE]

I know i know i know DEFENSE wins championships i clearly understand.. But if edelman leaves which could happen who is Tom Brady"s weapons going to be.. I see Gronk when ready and 3 rookies who might make it or not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know i know i know DEFENSE wins championships i clearly understand.. But if edelman leaves which could happen who is Tom Brady"s weapons going to be.. I see Gronk when ready and 3 rookies who might make it or not.

[/QUOTE]

You gotta be able to score.  Lets look back a ways at prior SB's...

The Seahawk hybrid defense seems to be the flavor of the month, but they aren't doing anything extraordinary. Their schemes aren't revolutionizing the way football is played, they are just getting after the QB and playing hard physical defense.

Just a season ago, the 3rd ranked defense of the San Francisco 49ers had 34 points scored on them by the 16th ranked offense of the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens had the #17 D in 2012 by the way. Offense wins championships?

In 2011 the Super Bowl winning New York Giants did have a higher ranked defense than the runner up New England Patriots, but neither were very good. N.Y. had the 27th ranked D, and N.E. was 31st. Would you consider their 27th ranked D as the reason why the Giants won the Super Bowl?

The 2010 season saw the 2nd ranked Pittsburgh Steelers defense fall to the 9th ranked Green Bay Packers offense. Green Bay's D checked in at #5. Good offense prevails over good defense...

In Super Bowl XLIV, the 18th ranked defense of the Indianapolis Colts lost to the 25th ranked D of the New Orleans Saints. New Orleans did have the #1 offense in the NFL in 2009 though. Offense wins Championships again?

The 2008 Steelers, owners of the #1 defense in the NFL, knocked off the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII. Yay! Defense Wins Championships!

The first Giants vs Patriots Super Bowl from the 2007 season pitted the 4th ranked Pats D against the 7th ranked Giants D. The G-Men came out on top, as their D stymied the #1 New England offense. Statistically speaking the Patriots defense was a bit better that season, but the lower ranked D won this contest.

And lest we forget the 2006 season that featured the 5th ranked Chicago Bears Tampa 2 defense going up against the 3rd ranked Peyton Manning led Indianapolis Colts offense. We all remember who won that game. Indy gave up the 21st most yards that season, while the Bears' offense ranked 15th. Defense didn't win that championship either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You gotta be able to score.  Lets look back a ways at prior SB's...

The Seahawk hybrid defense seems to be the flavor of the month, but they aren't doing anything extraordinary. Their schemes aren't revolutionizing the way football is played, they are just getting after the QB and playing hard physical defense.

Just a season ago, the 3rd ranked defense of the San Francisco 49ers had 34 points scored on them by the 16th ranked offense of the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens had the #17 D in 2012 by the way. Offense wins championships?

In 2011 the Super Bowl winning New York Giants did have a higher ranked defense than the runner up New England Patriots, but neither were very good. N.Y. had the 27th ranked D, and N.E. was 31st. Would you consider their 27th ranked D as the reason why the Giants won the Super Bowl?

The 2010 season saw the 2nd ranked Pittsburgh Steelers defense fall to the 9th ranked Green Bay Packers offense. Green Bay's D checked in at #5. Good offense prevails over good defense...

In Super Bowl XLIV, the 18th ranked defense of the Indianapolis Colts lost to the 25th ranked D of the New Orleans Saints. New Orleans did have the #1 offense in the NFL in 2009 though. Offense wins Championships again?

The 2008 Steelers, owners of the #1 defense in the NFL, knocked off the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII. Yay! Defense Wins Championships!

The first Giants vs Patriots Super Bowl from the 2007 season pitted the 4th ranked Pats D against the 7th ranked Giants D. The G-Men came out on top, as their D stymied the #1 New England offense. Statistically speaking the Patriots defense was a bit better that season, but the lower ranked D won this contest.

And lest we forget the 2006 season that featured the 5th ranked Chicago Bears Tampa 2 defense going up against the 3rd ranked Peyton Manning led Indianapolis Colts offense. We all remember who won that game. Indy gave up the 21st most yards that season, while the Bears' offense ranked 15th. Defense didn't win that championship either.

[/QUOTE]
    all good points what can i say numbers dont lie..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He averages $5.7 million per year under his deal.  This year his cap hit is $4.6.  Last year and this year, the Pats will have paid him $11 million.  

By comparison, Jordy Nelson's salary averages 3.2 per year and his cap hit this year will be 4.4 million. 

[/QUOTE]

Jordy Nelson isn't Mike Wallace. Why bring him into the discussion?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and what did Mike Wallace have to do with the conversation?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and what did Mike Wallace have to do with the conversation?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know, probably because he was the guy most of the "We need more weapons for Brady" gang wanted the Pats to sign and yet didn't live up to his contract, just like Amendola. See, that part of the conversation was about Amendola not playing up to his contract and how BB set it up to cost the Pats less than Wallaces contract would cost the Dolphins.  Pretty smart of BB!

Sections
Shortcuts