Talib goes to Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Talib goes to Denver

In response to Bustify's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think (you would hope) that this guarantees that the Pats push hard for Revis...DRC would be an ok consolation, but he is not at the level of Talib (when healthy).

[/QUOTE]

DRC love for the game is in question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

That's stupid money. Be honest, would you have given him that much? No way! Double and then some vs. Verner!? What? He's just not that good. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, just saw the Schefter link going to the page itself.

I have no issues walking from that contract. That's certifiably insane for a guy who can't play a whole season and can't play in the playoffs.

26 million guaranteed? I would have left, too.  

I'd get the NFL into auditing their books right now, too. They cheated in 1997 and 1998 by doing stuff like this trying to get Elway a ring and now Elway is the official GM.

[/QUOTE]

I thought bb had all the leverage Russ? Apparently Talib did. One day down in the FA period and we just lost our best corner. Meanwhile our best WR is talking with Baltimore. This laying in the weeds sure is productive

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

While it may give Denver a temporary boost, we know damn well that this is a stupid deal. Way too long, way too much. Denver will regret this in 3-4 years when they're saddled with this uninspired, overpaid player, and Manning is sitting on a beach somewhere.

Also, there's this:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m
    And now with CB Aqib Talib a Bronco, Patriots figure to make a real push for Darrelle Revis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

@BenVolin: The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is the highest ever for a CB, surpassing Brandon Carr's $25.5 million. Wow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's going to take big cash for the Pats to get Revis.  Revis will require top CB dollar then add 10% on top of it. 

Albert Breer on NFL network right now praising Elways recruiting ability, Ware on his way there, Broncos have $26 mill in cap space and using it well.  Said the Pats need to go out and get Revis but probably won't pay what it will take to get him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i wouldve done that deal. its 9.5 mil a year. not bad. 26 gtd is high but over 6 years...

i hope he assaults someone and gets 3 in jail

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.

[/QUOTE]

This is what patsie "cap hell" looks like people.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Elway is a moron.

[/QUOTE]

Smartest thing you've said in years.

What a drunken panic move by Elway.  I am in tears!  Elway blinked.

They have so many holes on that roster and to only sign two players for the secondary, it just won't be enough with all the key losses all at once.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, a 2014 superbowl team has so many holes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@BenVolin: The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is the highest ever for a CB, surpassing Brandon Carr's $25.5 million. Wow

[/QUOTE]

Easily one of the top 10 most moronic deals I've seen. Carr's deal has helped cripple Dallas.

Talk about a panic/desperation move by Elway. My god.  I'd be concerned if I was a Broncos fan.

Gomer will feel that pressure even more. lol

[/QUOTE]

Desperation or wanting to win while they have their best chance with Gomer. Denver has just upgraded their defense big time, and if Demarcus ware signs there, i have to put them as the favorites in the afc. Sometimes it's okay to admit that other teams build well. Even if its for the immediate future while they can still win a ring. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i wouldve done that deal. its 9.5 mil a year. not bad. 26 gtd is high but over 6 years...

[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's one of the worst contracts ever given out to a CB behind the Jets with Revis, Philly with Asamougha and Carr with Dallas.

What do all those teams have in common? Unmitigated cap hell and missing the playoffs.

Denver won't miss the playoffs most likely, but good grief. You would have done that?

No way.

[/QUOTE]

Black Sabbath has a song called "Black Sabbath"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's going to take big cash for the Pats to get Revis.  Revis will require top CB dollar then add 10% on top of it. 

Albert Breer on NFL network right now praising Elways recruiting ability, Ware on his way there, Broncos have $26 mill in cap space and using it well.  Said the Pats need to go out and get Revis but probably won't pay what it will take to get him. 

[/QUOTE]

Denver has a 1 year window.  I don't think that is using it well at all especially replacing so many players all at once.

Putting 57 million dollars into an injury prone CB is wise?  Elway isn't rectuiting, he's overspending.

[/QUOTE]

He clearly wants to win now and understands with Gomer he has his best chance. He is taking a risk, but one that might just pay off. At least he is trying to win it all. I give a big A for effort on this. If they win next year it is worth it even if it puts them in cap purgatory for 2 or o years. Windows can be small, elway knows this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Denver has a 1 year window.  I don't think that is using it well at all especially replacing so many players all at once.

Putting 57 million dollars into an injury prone CB is wise?  Elway isn't rectuiting, he's overspending.

[/QUOTE]

They have him for the rest of his career.  What did the Pats do with Wilfork?  Mankins?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Bill sucks at anything other than coaching !!!!! If i`m Tom Brady !!!! I demand a trade to Denver to back up Manning ! for a Dollar a day because it will show it is about winning now !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB . . . lost in the weeds . .  

[/QUOTE]

F bb and his weeds too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If you told me we could go all out for Ward Talib and Ware for a one season chance, with the way brady is aging... i'd say maybe.

Denver's D suddenly got good. amen they cant get decker back now

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Easily one of the top 10 most moronic deals I've seen. Carr's deal has helped cripple Dallas.

Talk about a panic/desperation move by Elway. My god.  I'd be concerned if I was a Broncos fan.

Gomer will feel that pressure even more. lol

[/QUOTE]

Desperation or wanting to win while they have their best chance with Gomer. Denver has just upgraded their defense big time, and if Demarcus ware signs there, i have to put them as the favorites in the afc. Sometimes it's okay to admit that other teams build well. Even if its for the immediate future while they can still win a ring. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't see it.  They can't afford Demarius Thomas now, so that's one more player they will be walking away from after 2014..unles....UNLESS....If a certain someone is retiring in 2015.

I wonder if 2014 is Gomer's last year now.

I don't think Denver is built well at all. They just knee jerked two overpriced moves in one day.

That's poor planning.  Elway did it last year thinking by overpaying Welker it would mean something and now he's paying Welker 8 million bucks in 2014.

I don't ever see teams swapping out so many bodies like an All Star team in the NFL, the greatest team sport ever like that, and having it work.

At best, it forces NE's hand a bit, but Denver has so many holes to get right across the roster due to such poor planning with guys like Beadles, Decker, Moreno, etc. All younger players who entering their primes.

Talib would be too, minus the red flags. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe on Thomas. Gomer has max 2 years left. Elway is going for broke. He will sell his future for a ring now. I don't condone it, but I understand it. They can always cut big money guys in 2 years or so if things don't pan out. Yes, they will be left with dead money, but he is weighing that with winning now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Sorry, I don't see it.  They can't afford Demarius Thomas now, so that's one more player they will be walking away from after 2014..unles....UNLESS....If a certain someone is retiring in 2015.

I wonder if 2014 is Gomer's last year now.

I don't think Denver is built well at all. They just knee jerked two overpriced moves in one day.

That's poor planning.  Elway did it last year thinking by overpaying Welker it would mean something and now he's paying Welker 8 million bucks in 2014.

I don't ever see teams swapping out so many bodies like an All Star team in the NFL, the greatest team sport ever like that, and having it work.

At best, it forces NE's hand a bit, but Denver has so many holes to get right across the roster due to such poor planning with guys like Beadles, Decker, Moreno, etc. All younger players who entering their primes.

Talib would be too, minus the red flags. 

I'll take your BS loaded bet. If Denver wins the SB next year you leave forever. If they don't I will.

I have a freakin 1 in 32 chance...

http://www.hark.com/clips/tcspxgryqf-take-the-bet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Serenity now!

Serenity now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope his 3 for beating yo A.$.$ to death

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The laugh is on Denver.

We already locked up Aiken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The laugh is on Denver.

We already locked up Aiken.

[/QUOTE]

Lmao that's mad funny. Touche touche!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Elway is a moron.

[/QUOTE]

Smartest thing you've said in years.

What a drunken panic move by Elway.  I am in tears!  Elway blinked.

They have so many holes on that roster and to only sign two players for the secondary, it just won't be enough with all the key losses all at once.

[/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Talib has no leverage.  Advantage BB!

Talib and Edelman are staying!  Right trusty trombone?  You know what you can do with it.

Play it for bb, you sick azz fool.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The problem with Talib is his injuries are non contact

Denver is going for it and if they don't win next year théy will then collapse and next year they have a tuff schedule . And PMs arm isn't getting any stronger.

It certainly looks darker for the home town team 

I. Would been happy with Talib, but he bothered me too

Then not a lot of answers yet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry, Bustchise.  I've already explained to you. I don't bet with you as a Jets troll with you knowing you have 50 board names you rotate in and out.

I was abusing you earlier when you were signed in as Mile High Mike and then you switched to yoru Bungy Bill and Bustify names.

Just forget it. Your little dorky internet troll games have long since been exposed.

I'd much rather embarrass Prolate instead.

[/QUOTE]

Nice excuse