1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Talib goes to Denver

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just worked my through this thread and it was precisely what I expected.  Talib is the best corner in the league - that's what Denver paid for.  Did they actually get the best corner in the league?  Really?  This forum was all over BB for signing Amendola last year because of his injury history but now many are soggy and hard to light because they didn't sign Talib who clearly demonstrated a propensity for not hacking it for the season particularly in the AFCCGs. 

Yes, yes, we all know - BB doesn't know his a_ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to the free agency business, or cap management or anything at alll with the possible exception of coaching. 

Let the panic reign.  I'll wait and see where we are when camp opens.  Yes, it's the same tune I sing every year and I'll continue to sing it. 

Good luck to Denver, good luck to Talib.  Perhaps he's worth every penny they signed him for but I seriously doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

No he's a good corner but maybe the best corner on Denver manning has three years left like Tom they are going all in.. Of course it might not work out no kidding. But they are trying to. See you can have the other approach and do nothing have a good year or even win it and say see see.  If you sit there and do nothing and don't take chances your record will always be clean.  TJ ward a good safety too. If the pats resigned Talib and got ward we all be going crazy...plus this isn't about Denver it's about the pats what are they going to do.. I'm not saying  spend very year not saying that.. But spend on a F/A elite very now and then. Change your ways quit low balling. LB coming in and center coming in I give a shat they are not the difference between winning and losing. They have no play makers on either side of the ball. Ok Gronk 

[/QUOTE]

I understand the reasoning - really I do.  I just don't happen to agree.  What I don't really understand however is the insistence that the Pats 'have to go for it' while the team still has Brady.  That line of thought suggests that after Brady retires the team has no shot at anything (cue Babe).  And I absolutely do not agree there.

[/QUOTE]

But you have a sure thing or close, in brady so go for it. take the chance know instead of hoping in three years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just worked my through this thread and it was precisely what I expected.  Talib is the best corner in the league - that's what Denver paid for.  Did they actually get the best corner in the league?  Really?  This forum was all over BB for signing Amendola last year because of his injury history but now many are soggy and hard to light because they didn't sign Talib who clearly demonstrated a propensity for not hacking it for the season particularly in the AFCCGs. 

Yes, yes, we all know - BB doesn't know his a_ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to the free agency business, or cap management or anything at alll with the possible exception of coaching. 

Let the panic reign.  I'll wait and see where we are when camp opens.  Yes, it's the same tune I sing every year and I'll continue to sing it. 

Good luck to Denver, good luck to Talib.  Perhaps he's worth every penny they signed him for but I seriously doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

No he's a good corner but maybe the best corner on Denver manning has three years left like Tom they are going all in.. Of course it might not work out no kidding. But they are trying to. See you can have the other approach and do nothing have a good year or even win it and say see see.  If you sit there and do nothing and don't take chances your record will always be clean.  TJ ward a good safety too. If the pats resigned Talib and got ward we all be going crazy...plus this isn't about Denver it's about the pats what are they going to do.. I'm not saying  spend very year not saying that.. But spend on a F/A elite very now and then. Change your ways quit low balling. LB coming in and center coming in I give a shat they are not the difference between winning and losing. They have no play makers on either side of the ball. Ok Gronk 

[/QUOTE]

I understand the reasoning - really I do.  I just don't happen to agree.  What I don't really understand however is the insistence that the Pats 'have to go for it' while the team still has Brady.  That line of thought suggests that after Brady retires the team has no shot at anything (cue Babe).  And I absolutely do not agree there.

[/QUOTE]

But you have a sure thing or close, in brady so go for it. take the chance know instead of hoping in three years.

[/QUOTE]

And that's where, in my opinion, your argument falls short.  There is no sure thing (or close to it).  Suppose you go for it (Denver apparently is) and:

1) One of your high end signings gets hurt; or

2) The team actually runs into a defensive juggernaut (we know that would never happen);

3)  Or the big $$ signings don't work out.

Dallas is a classic example of a team that 'goes for it' year in and year out.  Their cap situation is dog$_hit and they haven't won a playoff game since Coolidge was in the White House.

I'm a Brady fan but I'm much more a Pats fan.  When TFB hangs it up one of the greatest to ever play the game will be leaving but the Pats will still be here.  I'll still be rooting for them (unless some jealous husband finally catches up with me).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

And that's where, in my opinion, your argument falls short.  There is no sure thing (or close to it).  Suppose you go for it (Denver apparently is) and:

2) The team actually runs into a defensive juggernaut (we know that would never happen);

Dallas is a classic example of a team that 'goes for it' year in and year out.  Their cap situation is dog$_hit and they haven't won a playoff game since Coolidge was in the White House.

I'm a Brady fan but I'm much more a Pats fan.  When TFB hangs it up one of the greatest to ever play the game will be leaving but the Pats will still be here.  I'll still be rooting for them (unless some jealous husband finally catches up with me).

[/QUOTE]

The thing is there is always a couple of teams every year that do go for it so they get higher end talent. It's not like you are waiting for this one team to fail and you are there waiting in the rumble it's more like you are fighting against waves in the ocean. As soon as one hits the next is coming right after. Standing still in one spot and waiting out the waves isn't going to happen. The need to move forward if you want to get anywhere. After Den it will be the Colts, after them it might be Balt again or Cinn but there will always be teams every year willing to spend to get better even if it means they get hurt for a year or two. Not making a push means you are fighting those new teams every year and even if that current teams year you are fighting against fails apart next year there will be a team right after them to take their place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Talib's deal seems a bit too rich, but let's wait to see how it's actually structured. Remember, not all guarantees are the same.  Some don't kick in until other conditions are met.  For instance, Welker's second year salary with Denver was apparently only guaranteed if he wasn't cut before yesterday. Talib's guarantees may well have similar conditions.  And if his contract is backloaded and the back end not guaranteed, the deal could be much less excessive. 

Devil is in the details. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it is a sure thing they win the division every year, get a bye most of the time. They just need a couple of players on both side of the ball thats all. Screw cap hell. cut players you dont want or restructure players they say no cut them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have never, am not now nor ever will use the term 'cap hell.'  And it is as easy as typing on a keyboard to say 'screw the cap' - so long as you're posting on this board.  However, when you actually have to manage the team that's a very different story. 

It's early in the process.  How can anyone calling themselves a Pats fan and who knows anything about how the team does business be surprised that they haven't gone high order on any of these guys? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

It's early in the process.  How can anyone calling themselves a Pats fan and who knows anything about how the team does business be surprised that they haven't gone high order on any of these guys? 

[/QUOTE]
    Amen bro!! It's the same every freakin year, and yet the panic here is amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He went after money, but at the end of the day, he wasn't "money".

[/QUOTE]

Talib was fun to watch when he was on and healthy. Defintely has game. His pressers were fun too- he'll be missed by the home town media. Fit in well with the team and even become a player leader fairly quickly. 

I'm a little surprised Denver went for him for big money but not shocked. Even with Wes taking him out, Denver is unafraid.  No question the Pats were better with Talib on the field. That's why BB kinda lost his mind when Wes broght him down.  Now what?  Now who?  Can't be a scrub- grow into it player.  Hope there is some surprise and shock with what the Pats do to replace Talib. In a good way.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

Amen bro!! It's the same every freakin year, and yet the panic here is amazing.

[/QUOTE]

Free agency for me starts when BB makes his first move. Then, they usually come in rapid succession. Those who treat it otherwise are simply new at watching Bill operate, or are too emotional when it comes to the hype surrounding FA season. Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Note to Patriots:

THANKS for helping resurrect my career and image.  It was great while it lasted.  Now I need to get paid and win a SB.  It's just business.

Yours truly...  Talib

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go after Revis now?

[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen . As a FA he will want more than what Talib asked for.  Trading for him would be the best option .

This is just Denver trying to weaken the Pats because that is an insane move to sign him with those figures. Of course Talib will jump on that,  who wouldn't.  Dumb on their part.

The question is how does BB react, does he remai stubborn withthe Patriots way and not pay to make this team better ?  I think he owes it to Brady and Pat fans.  There's just so much disappointment both can take.  Or will it be some ol same ol with no depth and pray nobody gets hurt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ever quiet Brady is partly responsible for enabling the cheap Krafts.  A lot of this is on him, he should have expressed himself in the press and put the Krafts to the fire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

F'g depressing   ...   Take a page out of Yankees book.

Signing players off your rival is a win-win.  Next we'll see Edelman go to Baltimore. great.  Trade to get talib looks dumb now, as was not franchising him.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Revis!  If the Pats don't go after Revis and get him what a complete cluster F this has been.

[/QUOTE]

Hey TFB12. I like most of your posts but you should know better. Belichick isn't looking at Revis. He's got his eye on 2 other CB prospects. One is currently working at Home Depot and the other is an undrafted FA out of North Dakota State.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, thanks man.  But there have been reports that the Patriots have called about Revis.  There is some hope.  Not huge hope, but some.

Sections
Shortcuts