Talib goes to Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Re: Talib goes to Denver

In response to Bustify's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Revis!  If the Pats don't go after Revis and get him what a complete cluster F this has been.

Agree. If the Pats cannot come out of this with Revis or DRC at the least, they are in trouble at CB...Dennard and Ryan aren't bad, but they are not #1 CBs.

how does denver sign all of these guys and all we get is a third string tight end? i dont want to hear that denver lost a bunch of guys either. they let an old guy go along with a few stiffs. moreno and decker are not anywhere near as good as what they are bringing in. so you have probably the best qb in the league with what looks to be a very good defense. they nearly shut us out in the playoff game with half the talent they do now. elway wants to win and bowlen or who ever owns denver is willing to spend money. they wont be in cap hell in a couple of years either. not buying that bs again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Revis!  If the Pats don't go after Revis and get him what a complete cluster F this has been.

Agree. If the Pats cannot come out of this with Revis or DRC at the least, they are in trouble at CB...Dennard and Ryan aren't bad, but they are not #1 CBs.

DRC sucks. Huge gamble by Denver that Talib's chronic hip injury doesn't flair up: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760000/what-do-patriots-do-now-without-talib

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to kjfitone's comment:

how does denver sign all of these guys and all we get is a third string tight end? i dont want to hear that denver lost a bunch of guys either. they let an old guy go along with a few stiffs. moreno and decker are not anywhere near as good as what they are bringing in. so you have probably the best qb in the league with what looks to be a very good defense. they nearly shut us out in the playoff game with half the talent they do now. elway wants to win and bowlen or who ever owns denver is willing to spend money. they wont be in cap hell in a couple of years either. not buying that bs again.

No they won't be in cap hell, what ever that is.  Thought they were this year.  pfft

Truth is the PATS ARE IN CAP HELL!  Lost their best players and no money to rent any more.

Sorry guys, as long as bb is the GM , no more SB's and that's a fact.

He'd rather pay dead money than actual players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

All eyes are on Revis now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

No they won't be in cap hell, what ever that is.  Thought they were this year.  pfft

Truth is the PATS ARE IN CAP HELL!  Lost their best players and no money to rent any more.

Sorry guys, as long as bb is the GM , no more SB's and that's a fact.

He'd rather pay dead money than actual players.

I used to believe it was only BB. Now, I believe Kraft has been mind controlled by Jeremy Jacobs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

1st day of practice, I would love to see Talib get fined; for walking over and punching welker in the mouth!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

If you told me we could go all out for Ward Talib and Ware for a one season chance, with the way brady is aging... i'd say maybe.

Denver's D suddenly got good. amen they cant get decker back now

So far Denvers D got nothing but a couple of parts that won't make up for what they lost this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"No worries...

BB waiting to pick up a Rutgers CB in the 2nd round that should actually go in the 5th to plug this hole"

LOL. 

I'm willing to see what BB does but Denver is taking the aggressive push I was hoping that we would. 

It's a lot of money for Talib but I expect to see some level of aggression for the Pats. Meantime we are playing moneyball and hometown discount low ball during Brady's last productive years. 

I don't care if we sign Talib but I"m worried BB is not in step with where the cap is headed. 

BRING ON SOME CAP HELL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

You mean best choker in the league, Peyton isn't that good. With all the changes to that team it's doubtful they make the playoffs. And if they do make the playoffs, thy'll be on and done. It's funny, Denver now has three important positions filled with guys that can't be counted on in the playoffs!

Does this spending spree by the broncs remind anyone else of the Redskins?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I'm willing to see what BB does but Denver is taking the aggressive push I was hoping that we would. 

It's stupid to reach because you're trying to make up for past stupidity.

What BB needs to do is draft a whole hell of a lot better than he has been.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

You mean best choker in the league, Peyton isn't that good. With all the changes to that team it's doubtful they make the playoffs. And if they do make the playoffs, thy'll be on and done. It's funny, Denver now has three important positions filled with guys that can't be counted on in the playoffs!

Does this spending spree by the broncs remind anyone else of the Redskins?

Dude, now you are just being ridiculous!  That is insanely absurd!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Funny to review these threads, I swear last season many here was all over Talibs sack and talking about needing to re-sign him this coming season.  Now those same people saying no big deal that he is gone.  Biggest game changer on defense, thinking the Pats can find a replacement for him in what, the draft?  Or is there a low risk high reward guy out there just waiting for BB to call and offer some breadcrumbs. 

Time to open the wallet for Revis. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The odds that some bust out rookie is coming in through that door in the draft are low.  Banking on Dennard and Ryan to suddenly morph in to Top Tier CBs is possible, but that's just it = "possible."  

The offense is a great unknown:  no one knows if Gronk will be remotely close to what he was; Amendola is a bust; so Brady has 1 receiving target in Edelman.

The defense also has a great unknown: Wilfork's return to form.  It's his ankle; it holds up and moves one great, massive DLer - the bes tin the game who might return as half of what he was. Take away a guaranteed shut down corner and there's a lot to think about here.

Yeah, rebuild and evolve.  But, BB hasn't exactly blown the doors off the draft the past 7 years or so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Funny to review these threads, I swear last season many here was all over Talibs sack and talking about needing to re-sign him this coming season.  Now those same people saying no big deal that he is gone.  Biggest game changer on defense, thinking the Pats can find a replacement for him in what, the draft?  Or is there a low risk high reward guy out there just waiting for BB to call and offer some breadcrumbs. 

Time to open the wallet for Revis. 

And then the season started and he reinjured his hip, missed another handful of games along with another AFCCG, and wanted top dollar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

BB . . . lost in the weeds . .  

Sad, but LOL!

I'm convinced BB thinks he is Scott Boras . And I'm serious too. Let me see.

TJ Ward signs with Denver and Talib too bad moves lol

talib and Edelman resign with pats great moves

low ball Edelman who I think is better then Welker last year IMO .a good move 

BB isn't laying in the weeds he's sleeping in them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just worked my through this thread and it was precisely what I expected.  Talib is the best corner in the league - that's what Denver paid for.  Did they actually get the best corner in the league?  Really?  This forum was all over BB for signing Amendola last year because of his injury history but now many are soggy and hard to light because they didn't sign Talib who clearly demonstrated a propensity for not hacking it for the season particularly in the AFCCGs. 

Yes, yes, we all know - BB doesn't know his a_ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to the free agency business, or cap management or anything at alll with the possible exception of coaching. 

Let the panic reign.  I'll wait and see where we are when camp opens.  Yes, it's the same tune I sing every year and I'll continue to sing it. 

Good luck to Denver, good luck to Talib.  Perhaps he's worth every penny they signed him for but I seriously doubt it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Just worked my through this thread and it was precisely what I expected.  Talib is the best corner in the league - that's what Denver paid for.  Did they actually get the best corner in the league?  Really?  This forum was all over BB for signing Amendola last year because of his injury history but now many are soggy and hard to light because they didn't sign Talib who clearly demonstrated a propensity for not hacking it for the season particularly in the AFCCGs. 

Yes, yes, we all know - BB doesn't know his a_ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to the free agency business, or cap management or anything at alll with the possible exception of coaching. 

Let the panic reign.  I'll wait and see where we are when camp opens.  Yes, it's the same tune I sing every year and I'll continue to sing it. 

Good luck to Denver, good luck to Talib.  Perhaps he's worth every penny they signed him for but I seriously doubt it.

No he's a good corner but maybe the best corner on Denver manning has three years left like Tom they are going all in.. Of course it might not work out no kidding. But they are trying to. See you can have the other approach and do nothing have a good year or even win it and say see see.  If you sit there and do nothing and don't take chances your record will always be clean.  TJ ward a good safety too. If the pats resigned Talib and got ward we all be going crazy...plus this isn't about Denver it's about the pats what are they going to do.. I'm not saying  spend very year not saying that.. But spend on a F/A elite very now and then. Change your ways quit low balling. LB coming in and center coming in I give a shat they are not the difference between winning and losing. They have no play makers on either side of the ball. Ok Gronk 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

No he's a good corner but maybe the best corner on Denver manning has three years left like Tom they are going all in.. Of course it might not work out no kidding. But they are trying to. See you can have the other approach and do nothing have a good year or even win it and say see see.  If you sit there and do nothing and don't take chances your record will always be clean.  TJ ward a good safety too. If the pats resigned Talib and got ward we all be going crazy...plus this isn't about Denver it's about the pats what are they going to do.. I'm not saying  spend very year not saying that.. But spend on a F/A elite very now and then. Change your ways quit low balling. LB coming in and center coming in I give a shat they are not the difference between winning and losing. They have no play makers on either side of the ball. Ok Gronk 

I understand the reasoning - really I do.  I just don't happen to agree.  What I don't really understand however is the insistence that the Pats 'have to go for it' while the team still has Brady.  That line of thought suggests that after Brady retires the team has no shot at anything (cue Babe).  And I absolutely do not agree there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

He went after money, but at the end of the day, he wasn't "money".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Just woke up....WHAT?????????

60 Million?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Is 26 million the most guaranteed money for a corner in nfl history?

Has Denver even considered what will happen when Talib and Welker get on the practice field together? No way Talib stays healthy with a wrecking ball like #83 roaming around!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

If the Pats signed Ward and Talib today and word was Ware is coming in for a visit then this place would be going bat $h#t crazy!  Nobody would be talking about over spending or any of the junk Rusty is spewing.   Everyone would be booking hotels for the SB.

+100000

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Hey TFB12. I like most of your posts but you should know better. Belichick isn't looking at Revis. He's got his eye on 2 other CB prospects. One is currently working at Home Depot and the other is an undrafted FA out of North Dakota State.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For that price Den can have him, seriously 6 years? That hip won't last. What we should all be pissed about is Verner signing with the Bucs for next to nothing. I mean seriously where was BB on that one?

Sections
Shortcuts