Talib gone - how long till we hear "Value"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Talib gone - how long till we hear "Value"?

Anybody else disgusted with Pats on and on trading away high draft pics and free agents just to replace with some stiff?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Talib gone - how long till we hear

Fifty. Seven. Million. Six. Years.

Yeah, uhhhh no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I sure as heck am glad BB did not pay Talib that kind of money. I think its also a pipe dream to think Revis is coming here. He will want the same kind of $.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I, too, was shocked by the length of the contract given Talib's recent hip issues each of the last two seasons.  It probably would be a safe bet that he doesn't last 2, if at all 3, seasons in Denver. But, look at what he was guaranteed.  Was it $22M?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This one, Talib was not nearly worth what he was paid. I said it before we shouldn't be upset over Talib what we should be upset about is the price Verner went for that the Pats weren't in on that. Maybe they were waiting to find out Talib's situation first but that backfired when good players flew off the board quickly while they were waiting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Yeah let's call off the season. Why play the games. The free agency winner will win the superbowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Yeah let's call off the season. Why play the games. The free agency winner will win the superbowl.

I know, I heard the Commissioner was going to suggest that at the next owners meeting! This way they won't have to worry about concussions or other injuries that cripple the players for life. There won't be any lawsuits to worry about. It solves so many problems with the NFL! Win the first day of free agency and you get the Lombardi trophy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Anybody else disgusted with Pats on and on trading away high draft pics and free agents just to replace with some stiff?

No, it is why they a there at the end of the season, waiting for their first playoff game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Or how about, we weren't good enough last year so why bother trying to improve the team via FA? Low, you don't need to win the FA and you don't need to sign every big name FA out there all we are asking for is to improve the team which clearly in the last couple FA periods we have gotten weaker as a team from the FA we brought in vs the ones we lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Or how about, we weren't good enough last year so why bother trying to improve the team via FA? Low, you don't need to win the FA and you don't need to sign every big name FA out there all we are asking for is to improve the team which clearly in the last couple FA periods we have gotten weaker as a team from the FA we brought in vs the ones we lost.

We don't actually know how good they were or weren't actually. They went to the AFC championship game with half a starting defense and their best offensive weapon not playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Yup lets pay every expensive free agent while at the same time pay Brady and the O-Line needed to keep him on his feet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This one, Talib was not nearly worth what he was paid. I said it before we shouldn't be upset over Talib what we should be upset about is the price Verner went for that the Pats weren't in on that. Maybe they were waiting to find out Talib's situation first but that backfired when good players flew off the board quickly while they were waiting

Or maybe we should all be thankful that the New England Patriots are the most successful franchise in professional sports since the turn-of-the-century.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Last year's team was good enough to win a Super Bowl, we got decimated with injuries.  

Don't pretend for a second we didn't have enough talent last year to start the season.

Football is a contact sport.

There isn't a team in the NFL that has Pro Bowlers sitting over on the bench waiting as backups.

The dumb idea that we haven't been "talented enough" to win is one that gets slung around here all too often.  

We haven't been lucky enough, healthy enough, experienced enough or hungry enough... but we've won Super Bowls with less "talent."  Talent isn't enough or the Falcons would have won by now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Or maybe we should all be thankful that the New England Patriots are the most successful franchise in professional sports since the turn-of-the-century.  

Tell that to the early 90's Bills fans or the early 00's Colts. Did you know the last 5 years is almost identical to the early 00's Colts playoff record? Did you make fun of them back then that they couldn't win anything? If you did then why are you celebrating the same accomplishment with the Pats?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to the OP's question, I am not at all disgusted and am actually rather optimistic and enthusiastic about the coming season.  The Talib deal is classic overpayment.  He's the highest paid corner in the league.  Anyone prepared to actually post that he's the best corner in the league or close to it?  A good cover corner? Absolutely.  Good tackler? Not really.  Durable?? LOL LOL LOL You want it when??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We don't actually know how good they were or weren't actually. They went to the AFC championship game with half a starting defense and their best offensive weapon not playing.

Injury prone players got hurt, that happens. When you have 5 starters with known injury histories (Gronk, Vereen, Vollmer, Talib, Amendola) and 3 aging players which age increases the risk of injury (Kelly, Wilfork, A. Wilson) can you really use the injury excuse or was it just gambling that high risk players wouldn't get injured and they lost the gamble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah, lets be thankful and happy we make the playoffs every year. 

What the pats did last year was bordering on a miracle Given the injuries. 

I am not wanting to sign every big FA. That's fools gold. We simply need to make the team better via the draft and FA. We still have time to do that. However, the more time passes, the less chance we have to do that via FA because most of the quality will be long gone. So now, we are reliant on the draft and the scrap heap FA to get it done. That would work IF we weren't losing quality starters like Talib and possibly Edelman, and only needed depth and to fill a few holes. I don't see that as the case. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

A co-worker is a big bronco's fan and he is not happy with this signing nor the possibility of Ware going there either. As i pointed out to him, Bill has very good control over the Pats locker room (Hernendaz not withstanding) and Talib not being a malcontent has a lot to do with that locker atmosphere. As i pointed out Mr Fox doesnt (aka Von Miller) i'm betting by the second year Talib will wear out his welcome in Denver and will only play 60% of the time this year. I for one agree with the Pats to not pay 9.5 million a year for a part time CB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

same thing different year, pats lose key players across the board in free agency and never have enough talent to win it all. buy hey, kraft cashed in when he brought us 3 superbowls, stadium sold out for years to come, and a coach and qb that can keep any team competetive no matter the cast that surrounds them. matt patricia has had one of the worse defenses in the league the last 4 years, brady hasnt had a big time reciever since moss, and im not confident gronk or ambulancedola can stay healthy a entire year. but hey, 10 years ago we won a superbowl. that should suffice i guess. 

Sections
Shortcuts