Talib has hip flexor injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Talib has hip flexor injury

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 2m

Per league source, Pats CB Aqib Talib has hip flexor injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Talib has hip flexor injury

I knew it... he's had this before...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Any guess at the timetable?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God we have Arrington to back him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

great ..Pats need him against the Dolphins or any AFC East divisonal games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank God we have Arrington to back him up.

[/QUOTE]

He did have a pick and played well on Graham tcal, give him credit.  he's not the answer on the outside.. I know... but he played great tonight.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any guess at the timetable?

[/QUOTE]

No joke... day to day.. wouldn't expect him for next week. 

http://athleticedge.biz/Hip_Flexor_Strain.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Back for Panthers following the bye, is my guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

How bad an injury is this?

can i get back to 100% this year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Man what happens to this team? every year injuries affect us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Hip flexor strains range from grade 1 to grade 3 and are classified as follows:
    Grade 1 Tear: a small number of fibres are torn resulting in some pain, but allowing full function.
    Grade 2 Tear: a significant number of fibres are torn with moderate loss of function.
    Grade 3 Tear: all muscle fibres are ruptured resulting in major loss of function.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Keep him out till after the BYE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hip flexor strains range from grade 1 to grade 3 and are classified as follows:
    Grade 1 Tear: a small number of fibres are torn resulting in some pain, but allowing full function.
    Grade 2 Tear: a significant number of fibres are torn with moderate loss of function.
    Grade 3 Tear: all muscle fibres are ruptured resulting in major loss of function.

[/QUOTE]

Looked like a grade 2 to me since he came back out, but no way to know for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How bad an injury is this?

can i get back to 100% this year

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you can, how old are you, what do you do for a living, what kind of shape are you in, do you smoke?  Check with your doc.

As for Talib, I think it's a couple of week's rest type of thing depending on the severity, etc. Of course, it could be more serious and they're not saying... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

To add to the injury misery: Mayo left the dressing room after the game with his arm in a sling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To add to the injury misery: Mayo left the dressing room after the game with his arm in a sling.

[/QUOTE]

Vollmer left the locker room with a walking-boot, week 3, following the game against the Bucs.

He played the next week against Atlanta.

I wouldn't read too much into the sling. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vollmer left the locker room with a walking-boot, week 3, following the game against the Bucs.

[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are right. If he needs a little more time to heal, good thing the Pats are playing the Jests next week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really hope you are right. If he needs a little more time to heal, good thing the Pats are playing the Jests next week.

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

"With appropriate management, patients with a minor hip flexor strain can usually recover in one to three weeks. With larger tears, recovery may take four to eight weeks or longer depending on the severity. Complete ruptures of the hip flexor muscles are rare and are usually managed conservatively. In these cases, recovery may be significantly longer."

also coming back too early can cause permanent damage. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Looked like McCourty filled in without missing a beat. Going to be a big void at safety though. harmon is gonna have to step up. The entire defense is playing great football. Dennard had great coverage on the Stills td late in the game and he was pushed off last second. It was subtle but it was both hands on Dennards shoulders and kept him from fully elevating on the play. Imo he would have broke up that ball if not for the Stills push.

Play of the game goes to the D-line who hel the Saints runners in check for most of the game.

Hopefully talib is back soon, didn't look like he walked to the locker room with much of a limp.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When I watched the replay of that injury, I can't really figure out how he got hurt. He didn't seem to absorb any of the impact from Gregory flying into Sproles. He was grabbing his right arm/shoulder after the play, which looked like it went untouched except he was sort of pulling at Sproles.

Hope it's not serious. We are just getting decimated with injuries so far this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots CB Aqib Talib has been diagnosed with a strained hip flexor.

It's scary because Talib tore a tendon from the bone in his hip in 2010. However, early indications are that this injury is not serious. It's good news for the Patriots, as Talib added to his masterful season by shutting out Jimmy Graham Sunday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Gronk-Varreen-Hernandez-Amendola-Talib-Wilfork-Ridley-Connally--etc--getting to be ridiculous!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots CB Aqib Talib has been diagnosed with a strained hip flexor.

It's scary because Talib tore a tendon from the bone in his hip in 2010. However, early indications are that this injury is not serious. It's good news for the Patriots, as Talib added to his masterful season by shutting out Jimmy Graham Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Then DMC took over and shut him down.  DMC most versatile DB in the game.

Still need Talib to get back soon though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk-Varreen-Hernandez-Amendola-Talib-Wilfork-Ridley-Connally--etc--getting to be ridiculous!!!

[/QUOTE]

Surreal, huh?  Don;t forget Kelly who's needed with Wilfork out.

Well, the good news: Gronk is going to be back (or so we assume).  So will Vereen.  And Connolly.  And Amendola.  And Kelly.   Talib? if it's Grade 2, he'll be back in 3 weeks at worse.

5-1 and that's what counts.  Just pray this team has everyone they need (minus Wilfork obviously) healthy in December.