Talib Has Work To Learn Defensive System

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Talib Has Work To Learn Defensive System

Hopefully, Talib will learn the defensive system quickly and stay out of trouble.  I would not expect much for several games, hopefully, will be productive by end of regular season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Talib Has Work To Learn Defensive System

Can't be that hard to learn the defensive passing scheme, don't look back. =) 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree Russ but its not just the aderall. He has had numerous infractions with the law..this is his 2nd suspension...the pats are far from the choir boy team most think. But you got to like the risk, and the downside is what? A 4th round pick? Big deal, that is nothing to give up for a ppotential good player that can really help the secondary.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Can't be that hard to learn the defensive passing scheme, don't look back. =) 

LMAO....that was funny :)

He should fit right in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I agree Russ but its not just the aderall. He has had numerous infractions with the law..this is his 2nd suspension...the pats are far from the choir boy team most think. But you got to like the risk, and the downside is what? A 4th round pick? Big deal, that is nothing to give up for a ppotential good player that can really help the secondary.

He's still a young man (26?) and hopefully has matured.  Will give him the benefit of the doubt re: Adderall.  Patriots really aren't exactly "clean" when it comes to things like pain killers and steroids anyway.

I agree with you, more potential upside vs. dowside.  What's the worst thing that could happen?  He could pull a Haynesworth.....lol.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I didn't say Adderall was a steroid.

Anyone know if there are restrictions for Talib's suspension relative to practice?  My guess is that he's not allowed to participate in team activities until AFTER the Buffalo game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope the guy can help us, his off the field stuff really scares me...especially him shooting at his sister's boyfriend, but if he can play, I don't care. I think we've looked best in man this year and this guy should help there. He is big and talented - I can kind of picture him being a bit like Asante Samual was for us...inconsistent, but a difference maker in man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

Easy enough with Talib, let him just play man on their best player and lock him out of the game, if that is possible. Next few opponents:

Buffalo: Lock down Johnson, make them beat us with Jones and Chandler

Indy: Lock down Wayne, make them beat us with Avery and Fleener 

New York: Lock down Kerley, make them beat us with Hill and Keller

Give him time to learn the rest of the system and then evaluate if he has earned enough to get a contract extension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rotorhead's comment:

Easy enough with Talib, let him just play man on their best player and lock him out of the game, if that is possible. Next few opponents:

Buffalo: Lock down Johnson, make them beat us with Jones and Chandler

Indy: Lock down Wayne, make them beat us with Avery and Fleener 

New York: Lock down Kerley, make them beat us with Hill and Keller

Give him time to learn the rest of the system and then evaluate if he has earned enough to get a contract extension.

"Easy enough with Talib, let him just play man on their best player and lock him out of the game, if that is possible. Next few opponents:"

yes i said the same thing.

also pats de is more effective in man coverage

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Agree. Expect a ton of man coverage out of the Bye, but it's clear wasn't happy with either man or zone this year.

Congrats to I think it was BobbSu who called a trade. Nice one.  It's nice to have friends in business for BB.   Credit him.

Not surprised Pezzy has started a thread with multiple exclamation points to pretend the name on the jersey means something.   Sad, really. lmao

The youngest D in the NFL will be rescued by Talib!  Get us the headlines!  lmao

Just another classic BB proactive and creative move upping the odds.  Talib had all kinds of top 1-3 CB talent in the draft, so this is a tryout for him. It's all in his hands how he wants to handle it. Personally, I think Aderrall is a very minor infraction as many people take it off the street. Many drawbacks, but certainly not some major issues in terms of what the NFL is looking to avoid.

Pragmatic BB at it again. Gotta love it.

I think pistol-whipping and shooting at your sister's boyfriend is a little worse than Aderrall, but, then, that's just me.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Agree. Expect a ton of man coverage out of the Bye, but it's clear wasn't happy with either man or zone this year.

Congrats to I think it was BobbSu who called a trade. Nice one.  It's nice to have friends in business for BB.   Credit him.

Not surprised Pezzy has started a thread with multiple exclamation points to pretend the name on the jersey means something.   Sad, really. lmao

The youngest D in the NFL will be rescued by Talib!  Get us the headlines!  lmao

Just another classic BB proactive and creative move upping the odds.  Talib had all kinds of top 1-3 CB talent in the draft, so this is a tryout for him. It's all in his hands how he wants to handle it. Personally, I think Aderrall is a very minor infraction as many people take it off the street. Many drawbacks, but certainly not some major issues in terms of what the NFL is looking to avoid.

I think pistol-whipping and shooting at your sister's boyfriend is a little worse than Aderrall, but, then, that's just me.

not a good guy by all accounts, but we dont know the circumstances arounds that incident. maybe the guy beat his sister and needed a threat to learn that he better not do it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

not a good guy by all accounts, but we dont know the circumstances arounds that incident. maybe the guy beat his sister and needed a threat to learn that he better not do it again.

You may be right.

Still, a man is the company he keeps.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Was Talib charged with anything? I thought nothing came about re: alleged incident

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Hopefully, Talib will learn the defensive system quickly and stay out of trouble.  I would not expect much for several games, hopefully, will be productive by end of regular season.

Can't be that hard to play better than the crap we put out there every game, can it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

Can't be that hard to play better than the crap we put out there every game, can it?

LOL, he's already improved the secondary.....and he hasn't even played a down yet...lol :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's 7th round which makes it a no brainer. Call it a favor from Schiano.   No doubt. I remember reading how much they liked him in 2009 or 2010 or whener he came out from Kansas, but you're right, his stupid off field stuff scared many teams off.

Who knows, maybe they can get lightning in a bottle here and he helps the team settle down the secondary. Not sure he's a true zone guy, so I don't see how this helps them there.

Maybe BB hides him on the right, keeps Dennard on the left and McCouty at FS with Chung at FS.

This is assuming Cole is your nickel. Still leaves you think at CB if he moves McCourty FS. Maybe it's Mccourty and Talib on the outside and Dennard as the nickel?

BB always makes this stuff interesting, no doubt. Would still like more pass rush/the front 7 not held on almost every passing down.

How BB uses these guys will be interesting. I don't see Dennard in the slot..he is too stiff..I really think the best combo is Dennard and Talib at corner, cole in the slot, McCourty and Chung at safety with Gregory rotating in in dime to replace Chung? ....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And who was it that drafted us into needing to trade for a DB junior. Learn the game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes, only BB has to deal with injuries. No other team does. You sure are smart, Babe. You keep telling me to learn the game, but it's always on the heels of BB doing something positive for the team.

Hmm.

Your trolling is gone too far.   If you hate BB this much, please finally get help and move on.

C'mon junior. You act as if he has some great DBs on the injured list or something. LMAO@U

Where do you get this I hate BB BS? His drafting is subject to criticism. That's all I have said. I think there are plenty who agree with that at this point.

At least I don't infest the board daily with idiotic complaints about his coaching like you do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

How BB uses these guys will be interesting. I don't see Dennard in the slot..he is too stiff..I really think the best combo is Dennard and Talib at corner, cole in the slot, McCourty and Chung at safety with Gregory rotating in in dime to replace Chung? ....

I'm sure they will experiment a little. The other x factor is the coaching for the defensive backs going forward and play calling by the DC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Yes, only BB has to deal with injuries. No other team does. You sure are smart, Babe. You keep telling me to learn the game, but it's always on the heels of BB doing something positive for the team.

Hmm.

Your trolling is gone too far.   If you hate BB this much, please finally get help and move on.

C'mon junior. You act as if he has some great DBs on the injured list or something. LMAO@U

Where do you get this I hate BB BS? His drafting is subject to criticism. That's all I have said. I think there are plenty who agree with that at this point.

At least I don't infest the board daily with idiotic complaints about his coaching like you do.

Just more crusty logic.  First he disses the pick saying it's more than just a name on a jersey then it's a brilliant move by BB in the next breath.  Must lose track of which personality he is from moment to moment.

Oh and the drugs are no big deal and Goodells fault.  Twisted crusty logic, indeed.

Sections
Shortcuts