Talib Has Work To Learn Defensive System

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Talib Has Work To Learn Defensive System

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My writing is horrendous? I couldn't be any clearer with how I articulate my opinions here. I think with Dowling down getting an experienced CB in here at a trade deadline is a good move. 

That said, it doesn't mean he comes in and is a superstar here. How is this flipping? Try reading properly. Cautious optomism is not an uncommon concept.

You sound like a scorned little girl because you had your thread with like 6 exclamation points which is similar to what a kid's email might read like.   I get your analytical skills lack, but calm down.

It's like your sold BB just landed Mike Haynes in his prime. The kid has some questions in character.

[/QUOTE]

Don't make me go back and get your other posts and expose you further.

Do you like girls BTW?   A lot of your insults seem to include them.

Guess that would explain why a good looking, intellegent, sales professional like your self (your words) doesn't have one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As average as NE's secondaary has been so far this year, there is talent there. It's not a talent issue.   Get healthy, get everyone where they need to be, regroup and build towards improving.

[/QUOTE]

Truly, what is wrong with you? I really want to know. Tell us. You have some kind of condition. Don't be ashamed. It will explain your lunacy.

Here's a clue junior. A 95 DPR isn't AVERAGE!!!!!

Heavens to Betsey you are dense.

[/QUOTE]

If Brady doesn't play well in the postseason again, do you think you'll show up here after he doesn't? Serious question.

[/QUOTE]

Why the hell wouldn't I show up here no matter how he plays junior?

And stow the "again" nonsense. You have been body slammed on that foolishness repeatedly.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Again. 5 INTs in his last 2 AFC title games at home, for example.

I am just wondering if you will come in here and admit that it's Brady who needs to play up this potential when it counts, more so than the youngest D in the league, a D that is actually pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

So you think "5 INTs in his last 2 AFC title games at home" = "Brady doesn't play well in the postseason".

He's played 22 postseason games and you cherry pick two. LMAO@U. Learn the game junior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully, Talib will learn the defensive system quickly and stay out of trouble.  I would not expect much for several games, hopefully, will be productive by end of regular season.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. NE runs a complicated scheme. I think he is coming from a modified Tampa-2 out there. The skill sets are similar, but T2 is very basic in most iterations (Lovie Smith's T2 is actually very complex).

It's no given he'll take on that count. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully, Talib will learn the defensive system quickly and stay out of trouble.  I would not expect much for several games, hopefully, will be productive by end of regular season.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. NE runs a complicated scheme. I think he is coming from a modified Tampa-2 out there. The skill sets are similar, but T2 is very basic in most iterations (Lovie Smith's T2 is actually very complex).

It's no given he'll take on that count. 

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, he is smart enough to have the right attitude, learn the system as quickly as possible, , and demonstrate productivity - so that other teams are willing to pay him a big contract during the off-season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

What?  In 2004, we had more game manager type QBs than we do now. It doesn't mean the concept managing a game during a game whether you're a great Tom Brady or a solid ALex Smith is something that Brady should ignore or Smith needs to have to do what he does.

You're reading comprehension is horrendous.

How childish can you be either not reading correctly or thinking things are so black and white you get that confused on what I was saying?  LMAO

Translation: You just showcased a horrendous IQ. Again.

PS I don't care if Brady gets player of the week in October. I want it in January and February like he used to be able to do. We'll see if he can do it this time around.

[/QUOTE]

Russ,

I few key points in response to all your posts. I simply can't keep up with you flurry, so I will do in 1 shot...

1. This notion that Brady was a game manager back in 2004 or earlier is nonsense. Look no further than the game winning drive in bradys first Sb...if he was a game manager ala your boy Alex smith, we would have listened to madden and played for overtime with our great d. ...also, Brady was still young back in the early 2000's, he was learning to be Brady while helping the team win sb's. How many game winning drives did he have back then? Game manager implies you don't have to do much to help the team win, but rather don't do anything that is going to make us lose. Brady was an integral part of uswinning along with our great D's....justbecause he didn't put up gaudy numbers doesn't make him a game manager....we had a defense that would pull its share of the load and often times win games for us. Brady was never, and should never be a game manager...his job is to score as many points as possible..period.

2. The secondary issues are much deeper than a rookie Wilson and Arrington not playing well. Chung when not injured hasn't played very well, especially in pass coverage. Now I wouldn't say he sucks, but I also wouldn't be offering him a new contract either. this secondary has been broke for many years and as good as BB is, he hasn't done much in the way of making it a better uniT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I know this sounds simple, but why not just put him on the opposing team's best player? Won't that be the easiest thing for him to do from a mental standpoint? No more, hey you're going to be be in this zone, but you will have man resposibilities if these routes are run in this depth because you will not have help, but you will have over the top help if it goes between the hash marks, but not if it's towards the post/sidelines. And you will be giving a twenty yard cushion, but you're responsible for those twenty yards too. So run forward and stop your feet, but watch out for those double moves because they will blow right by you as you're stopped (with no one behind you if it's a sideline play).

This guy is big, fast, fluid and quick to react. Make it easy for him. All of our guys in the secondary are young...none of them seem to know what they're doing in zone. Is it that bad to play man? Talib looks like he was built for it - I'd hate to see this guy lost in some zone, passing off guys, leaving holes in zones big enough to fly airplanes through. I know zone may be safer and more confusing for oppossing quarterbacks, but WE look like the ones that are confused - and quarterbacks have all day to figure it out under our four man rush. Maybe with a guy like Talib we can actually send five rushers on occassion and make things uncomfortable for these quarterbacks? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Amen mthurl..implicit simplify things for theseglide in the secondary. I think Talib and Dennard canbooth play press man well. If we keep McCourty back in as safety, he is a heck of a lot quicker getting to the ball than Chung or Gregory. Still think the best secondary we can field is McCourty and Wilson/ chung deep, with Dennard and Talib at corner, cole in the slot with Arrington/Wilson/Gregory coming in in dime. And...rUsh 5 or 6 repeatedly 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this sounds simple, but why not just put him on the opposing team's best player? Won't that be the easiest thing for him to do from a mental standpoint? No more, hey you're going to be be in this zone, but you will have man resposibilities if these routes are run in this depth because you will not have help, but you will have over the top help if it goes between the hash marks, but not if it's towards the post/sidelines. And you will be giving a twenty yard cushion, but you're responsible for those twenty yards too. So run forward and stop your feet, but watch out for those double moves because they will blow right by you as you're stopped (with no one behind you if it's a sideline play).

This guy is big, fast, fluid and quick to react. Make it easy for him. All of our guys in the secondary are young...none of them seem to know what they're doing in zone. Is it that bad to play man? Talib looks like he was built for it - I'd hate to see this guy lost in some zone, passing off guys, leaving holes in zones big enough to fly airplanes through. I know zone may be safer and more confusing for oppossing quarterbacks, but WE look like the ones that are confused - and quarterbacks have all day to figure it out under our four man rush. Maybe with a guy like Talib we can actually send five rushers on occassion and make things uncomfortable for these quarterbacks? 

[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me.