Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

: Free-agent CB Aqib Talib reached agreement with the Patriots on a one-year deal.” awesome. glad to have him back

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

Adam Schefter       Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Free-agent CB Aqib Talib reached agreement with the Patriots on a one-year deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

DRC type deal I assume 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Solid!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

great news!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Would of liked a longer deal but

I am just glad he is back. It

would of sucked to waste a draft 

pick on a rental without winning

it all.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB and Co. read the market well on this one... they very well could've assigned the franchise tag to him, but were able to get him on a similar one year deal for what I assume is much less than the franchise premium for the position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Playing in  a contract year he'll want to cash in. Very good news. Always felt the Talib was priority over Welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Schefter>Erica Leigh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Good, one would think if he works out, and you had trouble signing him again, you could always tag him after next season. I would think that the tag number will drop next year based on many of these guys taking less money than most thought it would take.

Hopefully it all works out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Again, great news. At this point I think we need another WR and another talented interior DL.

Obviously they're addressing the WR need via Sanders, who I think completes that position. Just need to wait on him until Pitt gets into even more cap trouble. Once that happens, he'll quickly become a Patriot.

As for DT... that's a little less clear, but I'm sure Belichick has a plan to address it, either via trade, FA'ency, or the draft.

Once those two spots are filled, this will be the most complete team in a long time... probably since 2007. 

Another CB would be nice... 4 solid CBs would add some security to the position, but that's a luxury at this point, not really a need.

This is too exciting!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Playing in  a contract year he'll want to cash in. Very good news. Always felt the Talib was priority over Welker.

I like the Talib signing but how you can justify Talib over Welker staggers the imagination. I'm hoping Amendola works out but he's not Welker in any way, shape or form and I can't wait for folks to start screaming when he drops a pass. All of the fans who wanted Welker gone will be screaming for Welker when Gronk or Hern or both are out and injured leaving Brady without his go to guy.

Hetch 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Assuming this is true(and I am making that assumption)it is wonderful news.Wilson is a very good additionl in that he will be outstanding as a high-hybrid linebacker which B.B. has been searching for over the past three years.Plus,he is a smart and physical presence at safety while providing veteran leadership at the S.S.(or even F.S.).I was confident that Abraham would be in the fold yesterday or the latest today.Anyone hear anything??????

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

1 year 5 mil

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

I like the Talib signing but how you can justify Talib over Welker staggers the imagination. I'm hoping Amendola works out but he's not Welker in any way, shape or form and I can't wait for folks to start screaming when he drops a pass. All of the fans who wanted Welker gone will be screaming for Welker when Gronk or Hern or both are out and injured leaving Brady without his go to guy.

Hetch 

Defense wins championships.

Give me Talib over Welker anyday of the week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Per Breer:

He had interest from the 3 other clubs as well (washignton is one). Talib took the 1 year deal over a multi year offer from BB.

Also, just because the Abraham and Freeney stops haven't yielded an announcement, doesn't mean something isn't done.

Looks like Talib is looking for a big pay day in the future. The 1-year deal decreases the chance of him sticking around into the future, but it should motivate him to play hard.

That's assuming that what Breer said is true, and that he turned down a multi-year deal and took the shorter but richer deal.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am assuming 1 year at $6-$7m for Talib.

looks like a DB group of McCouty, Wilson, Wilson, Gregory, Talib, Dennerd, Ras, Arrington. I would assume TWilson does get better, and AWilson even at 34 years old will make the team and stay on the field. Can Dennerd show further improvement and can Ras show anything? 

I also assume this allows the Pats to go DT with #1 as I think the stud WR's will be taken before the Pats draft. 

My guess is also if they can retain Vollmer and can sign Abe's or Freeney they are pretty spent up other than some bottom feeding. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Would still imagine cb to be one of the first two picks.

Talib is only locked in for one year, so he could very well play himself out of New England last season.

Back up corner needs to be addressed. If Dennard or Talib are unable to suit up, McCourty or Arrington are back in the outside...and that not only puts them in a bad position, it takes them out of their best positions.

And no, I am not confident going into the season with Ras-I as the number1 backup outside corner

Sections
Shortcuts