Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Re: Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

If the Pats were wiling to offer a multi-year deal, it wouldn't be surprising to see an extension, assuming good play and health from Talib, before the season ends.

I don't think so. The 1 year deal is by design from his agent and Talib if they rejected a 5 year deal with guarantess. I think his agent thinks he can test it again next offseason and will be vastly different (which I don't think it will).

This is sometimes where the agents mislead their clients.  The agent thinks the market will be better next year.  Unlikely.

I don't disagree except that the longer term money on the table from the Pats will presumably then so up somewhat if Talib performs, etc.  If you're right about the market a year from now being relatively flooded again I could see something getting done before he hits FA.

Worst case scenario let him hit the open market and it will be a buyer's market again.

A one year deal for 5mil is alot better than franchising him. The Pats can now hedge their bets a little by drafting a CB at some point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

So the same backfield as last year with an All Pro strong safety added...

Where are all the worry worts this morning?

We're one defensive tackle away from a dominant defense, let's get Vollmer back now and enjoy the draft... if the whiners here let us?

Are you thinking AWilson is an All Pro S? The same guy who was taken off the field in passing downs? 

Look, I am glad Arrington and Talib were resigned. But other than subbing Wilson for Chung, what makes you think this is an upgrade over last years defense?

Wilson was the second best safety in the NFC two years ago. He had a down year... so what?! No reason to think he won't bounce back next season.

Why is it a better defense? Fletcher is coming back, Jones, Dennard, Hightower all have a year under their belt, we look to be adding Abraham along with Wilson.

Furthermore, Abraham and Wilson will work wonders as leaders and teachers in the locker room and on the field.

This defense is significantly better assuming Abraham signs soon and we add another talented DT to go next to Wilfork. Another CB couldn't hurt either... maybe that's Ras-I if he can stay healthy.

Can't discount Armstead either, who has the potential to add some athleticism and talent to the DL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jesus, BB has this time loaded with some more moves to come. I am giddy.  He's been masterful off the lockout. Absolutely masterful.

Once again, you are mistaken financial flexibility for infield performance. About 1 year and 3 weeks ago to the day you were here lecturing me how great last years free agent signings were. 

I can understand the relief in finally gettinga CB that can play, and I like Arrington as a nickel. I like Amendola, but many here last year thought Lloyd was going to be great, you included. 

Your giddy over Jones, Sanders, Wilson and Abe's? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Jesus, BB has this time loaded with some more moves to come. I am giddy.  He's been masterful off the lockout. Absolutely masterful.

Once again, you are mistaken financial flexibility for infield performance. About 1 year and 3 weeks ago to the day you were here lecturing me how great last years free agent signings were. 

I can understand the relief in finally gettinga CB that can play, and I like Arrington as a nickel. I like Amendola, but many here last year thought Lloyd was going to be great, you included. 

Yes, absolutely. And Talib too.

YOU'RE not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Schefter>Erica Leigh

Obviously. lol

Now watch her slap it up on her Twitter and act like she broke the news. 

She actually tweeted last night that NE and Talib were debating over length of deal and that her "guess" was they would do a 1yr.

...and she has always referenced other reporters when she got it from what I have seen.

She has been on point pretty much every time.

Don't be a tool.

The lil girly is having fun and doing a damn decent job of it so far. Even if she is just aggregating all the relevent info and making very good deductive reasoning calls. It's a lot of work. Good for her.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The Pats won their division and got to the AFC championship game. THey fell short but they did inspire with their play overall. Again losing Gronk at such a critical point hurts and did losing Jones at DE. At the same time the Ravens were getting healthy. If that had been reversed they would almost certainly have been in the SB. Cant know what they would have done if they were healthy and got in. But the excitement was warranted last year.

I am not sure you are able to appreciate that. I can guess why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

@AdamSchefter: Free-agent CB Aqib Talib reached agreement with the Patriots on a one-year deal.” awesome. glad to have him back

Definately a step in the right direction!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Schefter>Erica Leigh

Obviously. lol

She actually tweeted last night that NE and Talib were debating over length of deal and that her "guess" was they would do a 1yr.

...and she has always referenced other reporters when she got it from what I have seen.

Don't be a tool.

The lil girly is having fun and doing a damn decent job of it so far. Even if she is just aggregating all the relevent info and making very good deductive reasoning calls. It's a lot of work. Good for her.

Dude, she lifted that info from Reiss. Reiss predicted 1 year ling before she "tweeted" it.

Relax.  It's ridiculous that you're defending someone on the internet with some pretend Schefter cyberpod copying info into Twitter.

Reiss predicted a 1 year deal this morning... she was tweeting out her information last night.

No need to rag on her... you have to start somewhere, and she seems to be doing a pretty darn good job thus far in terms of reporting accurate information.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Smart decision by Talib to sign a one year deal. Would have preferred seeing the Pats locking him up for multiple years. Next year, the Pats will have to go through this process with Talib again. And, next year, the Redskins might not be so financially strapped.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Schefter>Erica Leigh

Obviously. lol

Don't be a tool.

Dude, she lifted that info from Reiss. Reiss predicted 1 year ling before she "tweeted" it.

Relax.  It's ridiculous that you're defending someone on the internet with some pretend Schefter cyberpod copying info into Twitter.

Reiss predicted a 1 year deal this morning... she was tweeting out her information last night.

No need to rag on her... you have to start somewhere, and she seems to be doing a pretty darn good job thus far in terms of reporting accurate information.

Explain to us how a 25 year old girl who just graduated from Penn State, who isn't working for anyone, has the contacts that Schefter has. 

You can't be this naive. 

No one said she has Schefter's contacts, but evidentally she has accurate sources.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Explain to us how a 25 year old girl who just graduated from Penn State, who isn't working for anyone, has the contacts that Schefter has. 

You can't be this naive. 

She obviously has some contacts.  She has had good info, and some of it before other "legitimate" sources have had it.  You realize a 25 year old isn't a "kid", right?  Why do you think she "just" graduated from Penn State.

I really don't understand your disdain for her.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Smart decision by Talib to sign a one year deal. Would have preferred seeing the Pats locking him up for multiple years. Next year, the Pats will have to go through this process with Talib again. And, next year, the Redskins might not be so financially strapped.

Maybe, but with his track record, one year might be better for the Pats. Should mean he is on his best behavior.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What does Erika say about Vollmer? Patriot Nation is dying to know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Schefter>Erica Leigh

Obviously. lol

Don't be a tool.

Explain to us how a 25 year old girl who just graduated from Penn State, who isn't working for anyone, has the contacts that Schefter has

You can't be this naive. 

You know you really can be outrageous sometimes.

Did anyone say she has the contacts Schefter has? I have not seen it. I certainly never read her tweet it. What are you Schefter's fanboy #1.

People are "simply" ackwoledging her efforts regardless of how she is coming by them. What are you jealous of someone getting a compliment?

...and as far as how she might have info, IF she had any of her own? Are you really that naive? You don't think its possible that she knows some secretary that does all the filing or paperwork in the org? ...just as one example. Certain secretaries can know way more about what is going on than many other people in law firms, companies, and organizations. ..and IF that were the case then who do you think a woman secretary is more likely to blab with? A man or some other woman in a male dominated field? She may have zero sources but use your brain and think outside the box as for possibilities how, if she had one.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

She wants it to be about her. That's why.  It's annoying. If she is 25, and she said she saw Phil Taylor play before he transferred to Baylor in 2009, that means she was a freshman in 2008/2009 season, I believe.

It doesn't matter.   It's just so ridiculous to pretend someone at 25 has connections like a Schefter does in that industry.

You just don't graduate college and have immediate experience and a book of businessk so to speak.

I had no idea some of you were so naive. Just forget it. You aren't changing my opinion. 

Why would she have to be a frosh in 2008/2009?  A senior is incapable of going to a football game?

Nobody's saying she has "connections like Schefter."  Why do you continue to repeat this straw man?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts