Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

What's wrong with being in your 20s and being a reporter on the Patriots? Are the two mutually exclusive? Does being in your 20s prevent you from having contacts and being able to accurately report information?

Everyone has to start somewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

What? Why do you continue to act like what she is doing is something any one of us can do?  I mean, this is hilarious.

Erika Leigh is the Twitter version of Cato Calin. lol

Apparently famous in the 2013 FA frenzy for the most dumbest reasons possible.

Way to not answer a single one of my questions.

It certainly seems like it's something no one of us can do since nobody on this board mentioned last night that Talib was the next man up to be signed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Schefter>Erica Leigh

Obviously. lol

Now watch her slap it up on her Twitter and act like she broke the news. 

She actually tweeted last night that NE and Talib were debating over length of deal and that her "guess" was they would do a 1yr.

...and she has always referenced other reporters when she got it from what I have seen.

She has been on point pretty much every time.

Don't be a tool.

The lil girly is having fun and doing a damn decent job of it so far. Even if she is just aggregating all the relevent info and making very good deductive reasoning calls. It's a lot of work. Good for her.

Dude, she lifted that info from Reiss. Reiss predicted 1 year ling before she "tweeted" it.

Relax.  It's ridiculous that you're defending someone on the internet with some pretend Schefter cyberpod copying info into Twitter.

Reiss predicted a 1 year deal this morning... she was tweeting out her information last night.

No need to rag on her... you have to start somewhere, and she seems to be doing a pretty darn good job thus far in terms of reporting accurate information.

Explain to us how a 25 year old girl who just graduated from Penn State, who isn't working for anyone, has the contacts that Schefter has

You can't be this naive. 

You know you really can be outrageous sometimes.

Did anyone say she has the contacts Schefter has? I have not seen it. I certainly never read her tweet it. What are you Schefter's fanboy #1.

People are "simply" ackwoledging her efforts regardless of how she is coming by them. What are you jealous of someone getting a compliment?

...and as far as how she might have info, IF she had any of her own? Are you really that naive? You don't think its possible that she knows some secretary that does all the filing or paperwork in the org? ...just as one example. Certain secretaries can know way more about what is going on than many other people in law firms, companies, and organizations. ..and IF that were the case then who do you think a woman secretary is more likely to blab with? A man or some other woman in a male dominated field? She may have zero sources but use your brain and think outside the box as for possibilities how, if she had one.

I am using Schefter as an example. So was JohnHannahrulz above. Calm down. 

Are you defending her because you are also in your 20s?  Hmm?

I have a football coaching career that lasted more than 20 years son. You are barking up the wrong tree.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

What are your questions, Matt?   My god.  What is up with you 20 somethings? Who cares?!

"Why would she have to be a frosh in 2008/2009?  A senior is incapable of going to a football game?

Nobody's saying she has "connections like Schefter."  Why do you continue to repeat this straw man?"

And I'm not a 20-something.  Not that it would matter if I was.

I don't particularly care about her.  YOU seem to, as you are slurring her non-stop.  Implying she lives with her parents, is an attention-whore, is unemployed, etc.  It's hateful rhetoric, and it's offensive to anyone with a sense of common decency.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am assuming 1 year at $6-$7m for Talib.

looks like a DB group of McCouty, Wilson, Wilson, Gregory, Talib, Dennerd, Ras, Arrington. I would assume TWilson does get better, and AWilson even at 34 years old will make the team and stay on the field. Can Dennerd show further improvement and can Ras show anything? 

I also assume this allows the Pats to go DT with #1 as I think the stud WR's will be taken before the Pats draft. 

My guess is also if they can retain Vollmer and can sign Abe's or Freeney they are pretty spent up other than some bottom feeding. 

I still think they need one more CB. Perhaps a 2nd tier FA or through the draft.

DT is deep in this draft, which means you don't have to go in Rd 1 with it.

I am feeling a CB in Rd 1, DT in RD 2.

Maybe OL or WR in Rd 3

Something like that.

DT is deep but there are a large number of teams needing a DT. I expect 9 DT's to come off the board by the time our 2nd pick comes off and the drop off in talent would be to much.

On the other side CB there is really on 2 clear cut top end CB's who will be gone before pick #29. After those 2 there are 6-8 CB's who you could debate as being about the same talent levels and will certainly be around by th 2nd pick. 

The smart move is to take that higher DT talent early and take yor choice of second teir CB talent in the 2nd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

What's wrong with being in your 20s and being a reporter on the Patriots? Are the two mutually exclusive? Does being in your 20s prevent you from having contacts and being able to accurately report information?

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Agree, but it's the idea that she is on some kind of under the radar breaking news reporter type, before anyone else. It's just not true.

Do you realize her info was pulled from ESPN Boston in the comments section, where it was brought over here? 

Why are we even arguing over this? Just let it go.  You think she is Schefter Jr, I don't.

Why are you 20 somethings so overly sensitive? What is it?

Why is that? Why is it completely impossible that she could report information before anyone else?

I never said she was the second coming of Schefter, I'm just giving credit where it's due. She clearly has some reliable sources and reported accurate information before others did. Good for her.

I'm not terribly sensitive... in fact, I could ask you why you're so sensitive to the fact that this woman did some quality reporting yesterday. Is she your ex or something? :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Playing in  a contract year he'll want to cash in. Very good news. Always felt the Talib was priority over Welker.

I like the Talib signing but how you can justify Talib over Welker staggers the imagination. I'm hoping Amendola works out but he's not Welker in any way, shape or form and I can't wait for folks to start screaming when he drops a pass. All of the fans who wanted Welker gone will be screaming for Welker when Gronk or Hern or both are out and injured leaving Brady without his go to guy.

Hetch 

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised when Amendola is targeted on the perimeter and in the red zone when Gronk is doubled.

Welker couldn't be targeted in the red zone.

Also, it boggles your mind why BB pays on the way up, not the way down, intelligently so?  Talib will be 27. Welker will be 32. There's your answer.

Rusty,

Well said about buying on the upside. I have posted this a few times using the stock price as an example. Why do people have a hard time understanding this? Why but apple at the high point? Drop it after you made your money and move on. The Celtics of the 80's missed on this and look what happened. BB is very good at keeping us a winning team. History tells us this not the first two days of FA signings. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

What are your questions, Matt?   My god.  What is up with you 20 somethings? Who cares?!

"Why would she have to be a frosh in 2008/2009?  A senior is incapable of going to a football game?

Nobody's saying she has "connections like Schefter."  Why do you continue to repeat this straw man?"

I don't particularly care about her.  YOU seem to, as you are slurring her non-stop.  Implying she lives with her parents, is an attention-whore, is unemployed, etc.  It's hateful rhetoric, and it's offensive to anyone with a sense of common decency.

This ^

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

So the same backfield as last year with an All Pro strong safety added...

Where are all the worry worts this morning?

We're one defensive tackle away from a dominant defense, let's get Vollmer back now and enjoy the draft... if the whiners here let us?

Are you thinking AWilson is an All Pro S? The same guy who was taken off the field in passing downs? 

Look, I am glad Arrington and Talib were resigned. But other than subbing Wilson for Chung, what makes you think this is an upgrade over last years defense?

He was not taken off the field last year on passing downs.  Stop with the lies. Your anti-BB ESPN stance as an ESPN employee is pathetic!

You have been bludgeoned here by me and others repeatedly and don't even realize it.

Go root for the Jets already.

New England and its head coach Bill Belichick have a history of signing cap friendly veteran players looking for one more opportunity to win a championship. Safety Adrian Wilson may be this year's top candidate. 

Wilson is scheduled to visit the Patriots according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The former Arizona stalwart could be a short term solution as a replacement for Patrick Chung, who signed with Philadelphia. Fellow strong safety Derrick Martin is also a free agent and may not return to New England. 

Wilson is nothing more than an in-the-box safety at this point in his career. He was taken out in certain coverage packages last year by Arizona. But his ability to help against the run plus his leadership in the locker room may be intriguing enough for Belichick to potentially sign Wilson to a short term contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Why are you guys still arguing over wheather or not you think a source is credible. Rediculous

Nice move by BB on talib though. He's in top form so far this FA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

This ^

+1

This^ + 1000

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Anybody ever mention how much better Talib can be with a full training camp under his belt instead of being thrown in the mix like he was last year?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from levasseujj. Show levasseujj's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Playing in  a contract year he'll want to cash in. Very good news. Always felt the Talib was priority over Welker.

Talib is waaay more important to this team than Welker.  The offensive philosophy needs to change....teams are learning to just clog the middle.  Talib provides a stable #1 corner, Wilson gives them what Rodney Harrison gave them.....strong in the box and a great leader.  Signing Emmanual Sanders would be a great move...no way you draft anybody as ready to play in the 3rd round.  Time to let the Welker thing go...he was great while he was here but he is gone now, time to move on. 

I like the Talib signing but how you can justify Talib over Welker staggers the imagination. I'm hoping Amendola works out but he's not Welker in any way, shape or form and I can't wait for folks to start screaming when he drops a pass. All of the fans who wanted Welker gone will be screaming for Welker when Gronk or Hern or both are out and injured leaving Brady without his go to guy.

Hetch 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

But you just said he wasn't take off of the field, right? 

Now go back to arguing over Erica. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Talibs one of the pats that have ruined the so called 'patriot way"- he's got a rap sheet longer then most.

Add in Dennard and the drunk Gonkowski and the pats are just like any other team in the NFL now.

Sections
Shortcuts