Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Talib is back! (YES YES YES YES YES!)

Welp Rusty, pretty much answered Hetch's statement for me. Amendola is younger and I felt that once Welker went to test the market Plan B (sign Amendola) was set in motion. And yeah I do think that Brady is a better QB than Sam Bradford. Brady may have lost Welker, but he gained Amendola, Jones and perhaps Sanders...all of whom are much younger than Welker. Of course health is, as always, the one caveat, but you can say that about Welker and any other skill player in the NFL. Amendola and Sanders have made catches on the outside, which could, theoretically, open things up in middle where Gronk and Hernandez do most of their work.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great signing.  Hope he can stay healthy all year.  He is a difference maker who when in the lineup even makes Mayo a better player (though the Rusty's will never admit that).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Would still imagine cb to be one of the first two picks.

Talib is only locked in for one year, so he could very well play himself out of New England last season.

Back up corner needs to be addressed. If Dennard or Talib are unable to suit up, McCourty or Arrington are back in the outside...and that not only puts them in a bad position, it takes them out of their best positions.

And no, I am not confident going into the season with Ras-I as the number1 backup outside corner

I`m with you, we need to draft a cb not in the first round but we need a corner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Talib will be motivated to play very hard!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So the same backfield as last year with an All Pro strong safety added...

Where are all the worry worts this morning?

We're one defensive tackle away from a dominant defense, let's get Vollmer back now and enjoy the draft... if the whiners here let us?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Great signing.  Hope he can stay healthy all year.  He is a difference maker who when in the lineup even makes Mayo a better player (though the Rusty's will never admit that).

he makes everyone on the defense better because he gives the d-line and lb's more time to get to the qb.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We're one defensive tackle away from a dominant defense, let's get Vollmer back now and enjoy the draft... if the whiners here let us?

1+

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

If the Pats were wiling to offer a multi-year deal, it wouldn't be surprising to see an extension, assuming good play and health from Talib, before the season ends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

he makes everyone on the defense better because he gives the d-line and lb's more time to get to the qb.

Exactly

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

So, who are the top rated CBs in the draft?  Could BB deal Mallett to Cleveland for #6 overall, with Lombardi trading back and BB has a shot at Dee Milliner?

Hmm.

Rusty if we get the 6th pick in this trade, don`t you think is better we spend in another position?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well, same backfield as week 10 with a real Strong Safety added.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Are you thinking AWilson is an All Pro S? The same guy who was taken off the field in passing downs? 

Look, I am glad Arrington and Talib were resigned. But other than subbing Wilson for Chung, what makes you think this is an upgrade over last years defense?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

If the Pats were wiling to offer a multi-year deal, it wouldn't be surprising to see an extension, assuming good play and health from Talib, before the season ends.

I hope so!  I was just thinking the samething.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Lets lock up Abraham or Dumervil(not likely due to price tag) so we can actually get to the QB this year.

25. This post has been removed.