In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What else do people expect him to say? He's not going to say the place sucks when he's hitting the open market, he needs to make him out as a good employee. It's like how you shouldn't say anything negative about your prior employer during a job interview. Didn't Branch love NE? Still didn't mean he was willing to take a discount. Same thing with Welker and even Randy Moss. Time and time again, there are only a small percentage of good players who take the hometown discount. And it's typically when theyve spent a large time of their career at the place, not half a season.

No one knows what type of contract he wants. But from recent signings for number 1 cornerbacks, Eric Wright, Cromartie, Jonathon Joseph, Brandon Carr, and Brandon Flowers, 2 years for 11 million is really really low. For a guy like Talib, guaranteed money is probably a bit more important than players without character issues. Unless you meant 11 million guaranteed, such a short contract with low guarantees is a huge risk.

Lower market deal would definitely help the likelihood of a Vollmer and/or even a Welker deal.

Goldson though? I think it's unlikely. The big time safeties of the past era have been polamalu and reed, who are both fading. Goldson is pretty much a top 3 safety in a safety week league. He'll be one of the most prized FA's on the market. BB rarely goes for the big names, other than Colvin and Thomas. Too bad we missed out on him last season.

[/QUOTE]

He could say "I like it, it's good."  There's certainly no reason he has to go on and on and get into specifics."

Its not a contract negotiation, a good player likes being on your team and how the organization is run.  It's a good thing to be a fan of a team that is respected and attracts good players- be happy.

[/QUOTE]

I am happy that he's had nothing but a positive attitude since being here. I'm just voicing my opinion that this doesn't necessarily mean he'll take a home town discount.

Here is why I think this helps him with his leverage, and you can disagree with me if you want.

By saying how much he loves NE, it makes it seem like this is his first choice. By saying this, it drives the price up for other teams who might want to lure him away from NE.

If I'm a player and I want to stay on NE, I might say that I want to hit the open market. Hopefully, this makes NE offer a bit more to prevent that from happening. If I want to hit the open market, I would say that NE may be my first choice and that you 30 (minus the bucs) other teams might have to offer a little bit more to make me change my mind. Just look at what O'Brien did at Penn State!

Disagree with me if you want. I could be right or wrong. I'm just basing this off of history, and history tends to show that the majority of players chase the money

[/QUOTE]

Yep!

+1

and 2 months ago, go look what folks were saying about him...now they expect him to retire here and be his own agent like Bruschi....lol   Only on BDC

[/QUOTE]

ive been saying the same thing since the signing. use him as a cover man cb along with dennard. get after the qb, sign him longterm with behavior clause

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Talib

[QUOTE]

Someone trying to get paid! lol

Didnt Ocho call this place heaven too?  Lets hope he is health and ready to make an impact. I wouldnt mind seeing him back at the right price

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Talib is holding his own re: performance/execution - Ocho never showed up.

Besides, I'm sure disgruntled players have a different view of BB...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's strange, all we get are endless opinion pieces with zero research from the Boston media and Businessinsider goes out and schedules an interview.  They apparently employ "Journalists."

[/QUOTE]

That's a good point...think about that for a second..I can't even remember the last time I read anything of consequence from boston.com.

[/QUOTE]

Shalise was snarky in her chat

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB's after I win the SB checklist should be...

1.) Lock up Talib and Vollmer. 

2.) Sign Dashon Goldson.

[/QUOTE]

got that right. goldson or byrd.

extending or tagging welker.

edelman 3 yrs 7 or m mil.

and pick up one of the several  pass rushers available

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Shen, I meant he was trying to get paid from the Pats for saying all the right things. I dont mean cashing in to any team. You think the Pats lose leverage by him saying he loves it?? I mean the dude was just given up on and has a very checkered past...he doesnt exactly have leverage right now.

[/QUOTE]

exaclty. though the farther we go adn the more he proves it on the field.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Sign Dashon Goldson.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a thing called as salary cap and we also have to pay for good depth or else we end up like the jets

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Having him say things like this gives me confidence that both parties will be able to work out a deal that is benificial to both him and the team without any problems. He is a great addition to what was once a dreadful secondary and I think having the bye not only benefitted him health wise but gave him that much more time to work with the other guys on defense. I'm expecting  good things from him come playoff time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What is interesting.. Talib has been here only a few months... Welker years and the Pats made him what he is today.  Not a peep from Welker in the same vein as Talib.  Hmmmmmm.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Sign Dashon Goldson.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a thing called as salary cap and we also have to pay for good depth or else we end like the jets

[/QUOTE]

actually i have that all worked out. there is 35 mil available. i had posted elsewhere on bdc

my new mock

byrd or goldson in fa 

one of 7 or so pass rushers in fa

welker 5 years 30 mil 12 mil guaranteed or tag

vollmer if back problem over, 4 yrs 24

arrington 1 mil give or take (worst cb in league) take it or leave it 1 year

edelman 2 mil per give or take ie 3 yrs 7-8 mil

talib 4 yrs 24 mil (behavior alows voided contract)

brady restructures if we need a few extra mil till 2014 tv deal cap increase 

draft::

xavier rhodes cb  (if ansah de off board) in rd 1

larry warford g in rd 2 (if frederick gone which i expect by mid 2nd rd)

whichever big outside wr with hands still available in rd 3. option b. in rd 3 speedy backer, option c.  dt

if we dont get the safety and pass rushing fa, vaccaro ss in rd 1 (gholston de or other pass rusher in 3); or rambo ss in rd 3 and ansah or other pass rusher in rd1)

warford or frederick  in 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just hope he dont end up like Randy Moss who said similar things......

[/QUOTE]

randy didn't leave us we traded him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Sign Dashon Goldson.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a thing called as salary cap and we also have to pay for good depth or else we end like the jets

[/QUOTE]

actually i have that all worked out. there is 35 mil available. i had posted elsewhere on bdc

my new mock

byrd or goldson in fa 

whichever big outside wr with hands still available in rd 3. option b. in rd 3 speedy backer, option c.  dt

if we dont get the safety and pass rushing fa, vaccaro ss in rd 1 (gholston de or other pass rusher in 3); or rambo ss in rd 3 and ansah or other pass rusher in rd1)

[/QUOTE]

With out restructuring Brady, Mankins or Vince, where do you come up with 35 million? Every other site has the Pats currently at $18 million available. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I suspected Talib would be just what the doctor ordered for this D. And his "issues" were probably overblown. Kraft, BB and Brady together run a tight ship. No surprise Talib likes the competence level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Sign Dashon Goldson.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

my new mock

byrd or goldson in fa 

[/QUOTE]

With out restructuring Brady, Mankins or Vince, where do you come up with 35 million? Every other site has the Pats currently at $18 million available. 

[/QUOTE]

nater,
    the couple citings i saw were 35. 

which had 18?