Talib on board....whats next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from levasseujj. Show levasseujj's posts

Talib on board....whats next?

In the box strong safety - check.  Talib return - check.  Welker or his clone - check. 

whats next?  I say press the sanders issue and sign him to an offer sheet, sign one more good corner (Grimes, Ashomuga), try and get Vollmer signed to a team friendly deal or let him walk, let edelman walk....already replaced him with washington and vereen.  Another versatile big body on the D and O lines would be nice too.

No doubt BB will trade down in the draft to try and get more picks in the 3-6th rounds.  Good year to do that since this is a depth draft vice star draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Talib on board....whats next?

WR and Pass-rush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Get Vollmer under wraps, Abraham and Sanders (in that order of priority).

Then, go offensive guard in first round, maybe Justin Pugh.  It's not a sexy position, but their interior line is in desperate need of an infusion of talent.  I wouldn't be upset to see them go guard in round 1 and center in round 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Resolve the Lloyd situation.

Possible Mallett trade.

Abraham.

Vollmer.

Sanders.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

We still havent resolved the pass rush issue, which has been an issue for at least the last 5 seasons. I am glad Talib is back, but with the exception of adding A. Wilson its the same defensive backfield that was 28th in the league last year. Bring in Grimes to compete. We have got to address pass rush! And I say bring in Maulaluga for 3 years since Spike will be gone after this year. My priorities left;

Pass Rush; Abraham or Freeney

CB; Grimes

OL; Vollmer

LB; Maulaluga

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Beef up D line, please get Vince some help, guy kills himself taking on double teams so the other D Linemen can clean up.....only they seldom do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Beef up D line, please get Vince some help, guy kills himself taking on double teams so the other D Linemen can clean up.....only they seldom do.

^This

Plus Vollmer. Draft a G and a CB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

WR and Pass-rush.

yep, get a big WR and some pass rushers

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what scary pass rusher is out there? dumervil is clearly the best of the group but he isnt in the scary catagory anymore (even playing opposite von miller who is scary). i still like him though, its just hard to see where he fits on this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Sanders, Get The Honey Badger Round 3.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Can we get a mulligan for this FA season.  Anyway to back to Tuesday and get a do over?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In free agency, I'd like to see Vollmer or an equivalent tackle signed and another corner, even if it's just a (decent) depth guy.  Then we move on to the draft where I think we should focus on WR, DT, and interior OL.    There are other "nice to have" positions--coverage LB, pass-rushing DE/OLB, safety--but those are less important than the others I mentioned. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Can we get a mulligan for this FA season.  Anyway to back to Tuesday and get a do over?

LOL Wes Welker ain't walking back thourgh that door

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

Vollmer or another WR

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

LOL Wes Welker ain't walking back thourgh that door

Damn it!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

Vollmer or another WR

Both!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Pass Rush Concerns:

1) Having Chandler Jones back, and healthy (he was anywhere from dinged up, to seriously slowed by injuries the second half) immediately improves that. He showed, at times, to be a difference maker in his rookie season when everyone knew how raw he would be coming in to the league. An offseason of learning and furthering his conditioning can only help. Seeing the commitment his brother has shown over at UFC, and knowing some family background from Jon's success gives me a lot of faith in him.

2) Talib will be here all season now. With Jones dinged up, the D, overall, was much better with him on the field, taking a WR away. He and Chandler get to be on the field, together, likely healthy, for Week 1.

1 + 2 = improved pass rush.

3) Ninkovich was OK as the only real pass rusher. Jones makes him more valuable as the #2.

4) At this point, seems likely either Abraham or Freeney will be added. As sistuational pass rushers, I think they both add a lot to this team. Envisioning times when they can maybe sneak Abraham, Chandler and Nink on the field together, with Vince...that's a scary proposition for opposing offenses to figure out.

1 + 2 + (3 + 4) = vastly improved pass rush in Week 1, 2013 compared to Week 1, 2012, or:

Pass rush 2012 < Pass rush 2013

If you prefer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

We still havent resolved the pass rush issue, which has been an issue for at least the last 5 seasons. I am glad Talib is back, but with the exception of adding A. Wilson its the same defensive backfield that was 28th in the league last year. Bring in Grimes to compete. We have got to address pass rush! And I say bring in Maulaluga for 3 years since Spike will be gone after this year. My priorities left;

Pass Rush; Abraham or Freeney

CB; Grimes

OL; Vollmer

LB; Maulaluga

Maulaluga can't cover-did you see the Houston playoff game? The Texans picked on him all game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

On the defensive line, I think Armond Armstead may be what they are looking for  . . . he is only 22 or 23, 6-5 and 298 with speed . . . they signed him as a FA out of the CFL but he had 3 good seasons at USC and could be a missing piece for that DL.  Like to see them get one more wideout (Sanders?), another cornerback signed, a LB that can pass cover (would not surpise me to see them using Wilson there on thrid downs), Vollmer in the fold, and they will draft a guard that Dante can work with in the third or seventh round.  If they do not trade Mallet for picks then I see them trading back in the draft . . . unless there is a speedy wideout or a CB they project could start there in the first round.