Talib "should" be fine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Talib "should" be fine

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Talib-should-be-ready-for-San-Francisco?blockID=812479&feedID=10426

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Talib

Great news.  This is also huge from that article:

"The Patriots other outside corner, rookie Alfonzo Dennard, aggravated a hamstring but isn't expected to miss time. Kyle Arrington, who got trucked late in the game by teammate Justin Francis, said in the locker room after the game that he is fine."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Thats good news

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

That's super.  The Secondary is playing much better than it has played for a long time.   It would be great to have all the pieces together for the rest of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is great! Rusty and truechamp were overly worried about this - I told them to relax.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

"The secondary is playing much better" cause it has been totally revamped. Talib and Dennard can actually cover guys and hallelujah they can turn and look for the ball. McCourty at safety also looks like a great move. Hope there is no letdown sunday against the Niners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Nice that this news is coming from Tom Curran...he's usually pretty well informed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Since the acquisition of Talib they have found an identity in the Secondary. Between Dennard and Talib they are ballhawking much more and it isn't the bend don't break that the NFL has been watching for the last 4 years!!! This last game was a game of pure domination.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

"The secondary is playing much better" cause it has been totally revamped. Talib and Dennard can actually cover guys and hallelujah they can turn and look for the ball. McCourty at safety also looks like a great move. Hope there is no letdown sunday against the Niners.

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Since the acquisition of Talib they have found an identity in the Secondary. Between Dennard and Talib they are ballhawking much more and it isn't the bend don't break that the NFL has been watching for the last 4 years!!! This last game was a game of pure domination.

this is exctly what i called for when we got talib (when dennard wasnt startign corner), the typical haters hated on my stating this preerence, but now that bb  has moved to more man with talib and dennad and pressurign the qb more, you see that the de as a whole is a lot better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

this is exctly what i called for when we got talib (when dennard wasnt startign corner), the typical haters hated on my stating this preerence, but now that bb  has moved to more man with talib and dennad and pressurign the qb more, you see that the de as a whole is a lot better.

Exactly!!  I swear to God BB reads this board and adjusts his gameplan accordingly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Bred...you hit on something spot on here.  BB is allowing those guys to play more man coverage.  That is to Talib's strength...and perhaps Dennard's too.  I love the fact that they're looking for the ball.  It's amazing what happens when you do that....notice many more batted balls and less defensive PI calls?!?!?  I do.

Arrington I should mention, is fantastic in the slot.  He's just not so great on the outside.  Last year his INTs were easy picks...tipped passes by someone else that just happened to head towards him.   He's been playing very disciplined in the middle of the field and just has been doing a fantastic job there.

DMC is really a revelation at safety.  I liked when they moved him there last year.  He's starting to really put it together and more imporantly...playing with a renewed level of confidence.  Those picks he's grabbing by sliding over from being "hidden" from the QBs line of sight, is fantastic.  Rodney Harrison was great at that and I'm starting to see that type of pass coverage responsibility from DMC.  Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps up the good work there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Exactly!!  I swear to God BB reads this board and adjusts his gameplan accordingly

you are brilliant. only a child would even mention that. however clearly however long bb took to do it, its a smart idea and is working well. far be it from you to be emotianally secure enough and adult enough to give another person credit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

you are brilliant. only a child would even mention that. however clearly however long bb took to do it, its a smart idea and is working well. far be it from you to be emotianally secure enough and adult enough to give another person credit.

BB is Rusty.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

Bred...you hit on something spot on here.  BB is allowing those guys to play more man coverage.  That is to Talib's strength...and perhaps Dennard's too.  I love the fact that they're looking for the ball.  It's amazing what happens when you do that....notice many more batted balls and less defensive PI calls?!?!?  I do.

Arrington I should mention, is fantastic in the slot.  He's just not so great on the outside.  Last year his INTs were easy picks...tipped passes by someone else that just happened to head towards him.   He's been playing very disciplined in the middle of the field and just has been doing a fantastic job there.

DMC is really a revelation at safety.  I liked when they moved him there last year.  He's starting to really put it together and more imporantly...playing with a renewed level of confidence.  Those picks he's grabbing by sliding over from being "hidden" from the QBs line of sight, is fantastic.  Rodney Harrison was great at that and I'm starting to see that type of pass coverage responsibility from DMC.  Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps up the good work there.

yts,

+, +, +

excellent stuff. im glad bb has become flexible enough to deviate from his recent years de (and adjust his personnel as well).

my point was this was evident be end of last year pre-season.

so glad bb abandoned his personnel set and went and got talib and moved mcc to safety and is playing man, pressuring the qb. i only hop dennard and talib stay healthy through the playoffs along with wilfork, welker, gronk, hern and brady

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Haha, right on cue.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is great! Rusty and truechamp were overly worried about this - I told them to relax.

I wasn't worried. I waited to reserve judgement because I believed the score dictated the fact BB was being cautious.

As per usual, I was correct with my gut instinct.  Talib has a bruise and Dennard's hammy, while potentially an issue, currently only appears to be a tightness issue that they didn't want to push (he had a hammy issue for the first 5 games).

I go by sourced info, data, facts, contexts and what I see.  Rumore, heresay and drama aint' what I do. That's for Bdbreu and Co.

I cant help but think that BB will have a special kind of horror planned for Kaepernick. But that being said, the Pats will be challenged by his speed amd agility.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good news.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You do realize that everybody wanted to move McCourty to Safety, right?  It was clear that the position came natural to his ball-hawking and field-awareness abilities.  If Dennard was going to emerge as a legit cornerback, he would be paired with Talib making the transition of McCourty to Safety final.  

It's quite annoying to the rest of the board when you continuously make threads saying "i todl yuo so.." "as ive staetd beofre.." "ive bene calilng for this all yaer..."

Do you want people to make a thread dedicated to you congratulating you for what everybody else was saying?

Although the Talib move allowed BB to make some changes on defense that benefitted the team, the D was already getting better.  BB always has his D's ascending throughout the season.  They always start out slow with vanilla, cover 2 schemes and towards the end he starts to implement more packages.  This has been prevalent throughout BB's tenure here.  

Sections
Shortcuts