Talib To Get Tag?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Talib To Get Tag?

I read this article but don't think there is a chance of either happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I can't see them tagging either of them. Whatever happens they will adjust to the situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Way to much to tag either of them. The tag alone is more than I'd give either in guaranteed money over a 4 year deal yet alone in a single year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

If they have to choose between the two  ( I think some negotiations will  be in place before that)   you would have to franchise Talib,  a good/maybe great CB is worth  a lot more than in fact a slot reciever ( interesting only WR designation not slot or outside).

BB s use of Eddleman offset Welkers productivity at slot WR  , so i am sure he thinks someonelse can also .. healthy ( whoa!)  Amendola ?  they wont franchise at 11M  when 5-6M would be market. Likewise if Eddleman gets big bucks somewhere else ( Houston) he wont be used on punt returns. 

Talib ????? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Way to much to tag either of them. The tag alone is more than I'd give either in guaranteed money over a 4 year deal yet alone in a single year

[/QUOTE]

so, where do the Patriots go from here? Do you think both are gone next year?

[/QUOTE]

Edelmans asking price starts at Amendola's contract and I'm not sure the Pats would put themselves in the position to give it to him, esp given the risk both could end up injured next season. Lets face it this year has been more the exception then the rule for Edelman health wise. It would be a major black eye (given all the injures to injury poe players) if BB invests more into injury histories and the same injures happen again next year with no one to back them up again.

Same thing with Talib as with Edelman. If BB choses to invest in injury prone players and they continue to get hurt everyone is going to question him, and no one hates being questioned more than BB.

I see them going after Sanders again or making a move ala 07' (remember the questions BB got after the 06' season?). And of course he'll end up drafting another CB for the, what is it, 7th year in a row?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No way either of these guys get the tag, if they do then there is something seriously wrong in Foxboro.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way either of these guys get the tag, if they do then there is something seriously wrong in Foxboro.

[/QUOTE]

I think the writer is going through a mental exercise for the fans here. He's asking, for the 100th time, who is more valuable to the Patriots. You don't tag a player unless you are committed to paying that much money in total guarantees plus some on the eventual contract. The NFLPA doesn't allow renogations for less guaranteed money. 

And neither player is worth that much on a one year deal. 

To be frank, I think the market will be tepid for both. Neither has been healthy steadily. Neither has flourished outside of New England. Neither have been a model of consistency. Though both are talented. 

There is no way someone is offering either of them long term high dollar deals. So NE shouldn't either. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the writer is going through a mental exercise for the fans here. He's asking, for the 100th time, who is more valuable to the Patriots. You don't tag a player unless you are committed to paying that much money in total guarantees plus some on the eventual contract. The NFLPA doesn't allow renogations for less guaranteed money. 

And neither player is worth that much on a one year deal. 

To be frank, I think the market will be tepid for both. Neither has been healthy steadily. Neither has flourished outside of New England. Neither have been a model of consistency. Though both are talented. 

There is no way someone is offering either of them long term high dollar deals. So NE shouldn't either. 

[/QUOTE]

agree with everything on this post.

both are injury prone and not proven anywhere else.

some bad teams with a lot of cap room may offer each a big deal compared to what they will get here but i dont think they wanna play for bad organizations

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Good chance both Talib and Edelman get offers from other afc east teams. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The "projected franchise tag" number mentioned is for which, the exclusive or non?

They are set by different criteria according to this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read this article but don't think there is a chance of either happening.

I don't think so either. Chances are, Talib is going to be gone. I think he will get money from some other team.

[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, he's an injuy bug, but no reason to chase after one of those. If another team makes a huge bid, let him go, but DRC will be getting the big money bids first before Talib gets a look from potential buyers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Edelman's not going anywhere. Welker only had a market from 3 teams when he hit FA in New England, Denver and an unknown team and his career is much more impressive than Edelman's.

I doubt teams are fighting over the potential of Edelman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Sticking to the topic, November Foxtrot Whiskey would I tag Talib nor do I think BB will.  The offer he gets from NE will be laden with incentives.  Gone?  Perhaps.

Edelman - not sure his value will be placed all that highly.  He's only had one really good season and has a poor record for staying on the field.  Someone may throw some bucks his way but I think he stays. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sticking to the topic, November Foxtrot Whiskey would I tag Talib nor do I think BB will.  The offer he gets from NE will be laden with incentives.  Gone?  Perhaps.

Edelman - not sure his value will be placed all that highly.  He's only had one really good season and has a poor record for staying on the field.  Someone may throw some bucks his way but I think he stays. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree I don't think anyone is going to open the bank for him but this is going to show what other teams thought of Amendola's deal. Essentially they are the same player except Edelman is one of the better PR men in the league and had a better season then even Amendola did. So, how could he not go to BB and say, you gave him x and I've had a better season in your system so I deserve at least what he got. If Edelman has to take less then Amendola got it just kind of shows it wasn't a good contract and one made possible out of spite

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

November Foxtrot Whiskey

[/QUOTE]

Potty mouth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, no matter how many times you repeat the wrong things, it doesn't magically come true.

It's not all Brady's fault. That's a myth that only Dick perpetuates.

Spygate will never go away. Sorry no conpiracy there.

ESPN does not hate the Patriots. No conspiracy there.

Thug very well may be code word for "n"

The current defense isn't as good as you say they are

I'm not Bustchise, even though you know deep down that I"m not.

At the end of the day, you're still Dick. Laughing

Learn the game, boy.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree about the spygate part most don't care, only the few who do are very loud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

November Foxtrot Whiskey

[/QUOTE]

Potty mouth.

[/QUOTE]

Good to know you speak phonetic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

November Foxtrot Whiskey

[/QUOTE]

Potty mouth.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

Rusty = alpha sierra sierra hotel oscar lima echo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

November Foxtrot Whiskey

[/QUOTE]

Potty mouth.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

[/QUOTE]

You absolutely must know by now that there is November Foxtrot Whiskey I'm getting into that Pier Sixer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

November Foxtrot Whiskey

[/QUOTE]

Potty mouth.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

[/QUOTE]

You absolutely must know by now that there is November Foxtrot Whiskey I'm getting into that Pier Sixer. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course not. Your tolerance is legend. I am unencumbered by such things.