Talib versus Johnson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Talib versus Johnson

In a blog post.. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/01/key-matchups-andre-johnson-vs-aqib-talib/ - the texan blogger says that Johnson was 2 for 4 on targets versus Talib in the first game and only gained 17 yards and no first downs.

If Talib is healthy, Chung can take away O'Daniel and Talib on Johnson, Vince and company stop Arian and the Pats have the Texans O bottled up. 

What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Talib versus Johnson

Im thinking Talib better be over that hip injury and Dennard better be over his hammy. Johnson ended up with 8 for 95 after both went down.

Daniels will eat Chungs lunch. I would rather see Wilson man him up.

Foster is gonna be motivated! Dont underestimate his ability in the passing game. If we shut down the run look for them to go to Foster in the screen game and on swong routes that Mayo has trouble with.  Should be a hard fought game! We need to be battle tested anyway..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Stop Foster and make Schaub beat you....simple game plan. Last game pats D-line was blowing Texans off ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Talib can do well against Johnson, both him and Dennard were built for the Texans. 

Johnson is a physical WR, Talib is a physical CB and physical CBs always beat physical WRs because physical CBs can get into their heads. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Talib is good-great CB but also watch the film, Talib had a lot of help overtop with McCourty shadowing. It also helped that Foster was stopped early and often preventing an effective play action. The group of Talib, Dennar, and McCourty at FS is the best DB group so far this season so lets hope that's what we see this weekend

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop Foster and make Schaub beat you....simple game plan. Last game pats D-line was blowing Texans off ball.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that. Schaub has shown that he shrinks in bad games, but he is not an awful QB. In my opinion, the worst thing this defense can do is let Schaub get in a rhythm and gain some confidence.

Foster ran wild against the Bengals and they scored a meager 19 points. They held the ball for 40 minutes, but the fact that Tebow played for Dalton played a large part in that too.

Can't let him do what Flacco nearly did to us in the AFC championship game last year.

Focus on Schaub, and hopefully by the 2nd half the Pats will have a lead and the Texans will rely on a frustrated Schaub

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Also, there is some concern with rust in regards to Talib and Dennard. Moreso for Talib cause he'll be on Andre.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

The Pats annihilated the Texans the first time because they kept Arian Foster in check until Brady put up 21 on them, which made them much more predicatable than they already were because they were forced to throw...

If Arian Foster is Arian Foster, it's going to be a tough game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think the game will be a lot closer and tougher than many on this board have posted. I think the key will be who gets the early LEAD? If Houston does I think it stays close throughout-if the Pats get the early lead it could easily turn into a 20 point win. This team is madder than a smashed nestfull of hornets and will want to beat us at any cost. There is not much difference in the NFL when teams don't match other teams intensity---the Pats better match Houstons intensity--still think the Pats win but don't like the dissing by the writers on the Texans---kinda like the pride comes before the fall thing. All it's doing is hurting the Pats--and I'm hearing lot's of Cocky posters-----We don't like it when the GMen/Jets fans talk crap but I guess double standards are in on this forum---like to see some more humility and less bravado?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In a blog post.. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/01/key-matchups-andre-johnson-vs-aqib-talib/ - the texan blogger says that Johnson was 2 for 4 on targets versus Talib in the first game and only gained 17 yards and no first downs.

If Talib is healthy, Chung can take away O'Daniel and Talib on Johnson, Vince and company stop Arian and the Pats have the Texans O bottled up. 

What are your thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

"In a blog post.. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/01/key-matchups-andre-johnson-vs-aqib-talib/ - the texan blogger says that Johnson was 2 for 4 on targets versus Talib in the first game and only gained 17 yards and no first downs."

this is what ive been saying since that game. bb shouold have extended talib then if he could.

if dennard and talib are healhty and bb plays man de and brings pressur that will be the best utilization of this defnese.

if talib and dennard are not healthy, or if we play zone and donrt bring heat, it could be a very tough game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib is good-great CB but also watch the film, Talib had a lot of help overtop with McCourty shadowing. It also helped that Foster was stopped early and often preventing an effective play action. The group of Talib, Dennar, and McCourty at FS is the best DB group so far this season so lets hope that's what we see this weekend

[/QUOTE]

exactly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im thinking Talib better be over that hip injury and Dennard better be over his hammy. Johnson ended up with 8 for 95 after both went down.

Daniels will eat Chungs lunch. I would rather see Wilson man him up.

Foster is gonna be motivated! Dont underestimate his ability in the passing game. If we shut down the run look for them to go to Foster in the screen game and on swong routes that Mayo has trouble with.  Should be a hard fought game! We need to be battle tested anyway..

[/QUOTE]

"Im thinking Talib better be over that hip injury and Dennard better be over his hammy. Johnson ended up with 8 for 95 after both went down."

i know you understand that triple. where you been for a couple days?

Sections
Shortcuts