Talib Wants Top Of The Market Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Talib Wants Top Of The Market Deal

We need Talib. we can cut 2-3 role players and get him (sopoaga, Wilson, conolly) = +7M.

then cut Vince and try to get Red Bryant !

as someone said... screw the Depht a little bit !!! we need playmakers... Talib and Bryant are !

Draft Safety, Center, DT, LB, WR, QB

Try to trade amendola, keep ;Mallet and let him walk next year (unless someone gives you a 3rd or better)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib is like that family car that ran great around town, but the day you are ready to head out for family vacation the engine dies.

"top of the market".    What a howl.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man. did you watch Talib play this year? if you want to make a car analogy, Talib was like a Masserati that had a flat tire. His injuries were nagging, not chronic nor all too serious. with oput those nagging injuries the guy was in the top 3 discussion for DPOY.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your argument but the way I see it the guy has been MIA when the Pats needed him most.  I agree, when healthy, he kicks a_ss; the question is can the Pats count on the guy being healthy (relative, I know) when they need him.

[/QUOTE]

are you talking about Gronk or Talib?

[/QUOTE]

If the foo sh1ts, rkarp.  Gronk's already signed; Talib isn't.  Not sure Gronk had the same injury history before BB signed him to the longer term deal. 

[/QUOTE]

injuries are part of the game, they happen. if a player is playing a physical style, which BB demands from his CB's, injuries will occur. If Gronk is going to be Gronk, injuries will occur.

Both Dennerd and Talib missed the same amount of games with injury. Arrington should have been ir'd with the groin...its the nature of the position in this defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All off of "one real great season"?  For all we know, he could be a "one and done" once he signs a big contract.  He has to prove he can be the man season after season and stay healthy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib is like that family car that ran great around town, but the day you are ready to head out for family vacation the engine dies.

"top of the market".    What a howl.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man. did you watch Talib play this year? if you want to make a car analogy, Talib was like a Masserati that had a flat tire. His injuries were nagging, not chronic nor all too serious. with oput those nagging injuries the guy was in the top 3 discussion for DPOY.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your argument but the way I see it the guy has been MIA when the Pats needed him most.  I agree, when healthy, he kicks a_ss; the question is can the Pats count on the guy being healthy (relative, I know) when they need him.

[/QUOTE]

are you talking about Gronk or Talib?

[/QUOTE]

If the foo sh1ts, rkarp.  Gronk's already signed; Talib isn't.  Not sure Gronk had the same injury history before BB signed him to the longer term deal. 

[/QUOTE]

injuries are part of the game, they happen. if a player is playing a physical style, which BB demands from his CB's, injuries will occur. If Gronk is going to be Gronk, injuries will occur.

Both Dennerd and Talib missed the same amount of games with injury. Arrington should have been ir'd with the groin...its the nature of the position in this defense

[/QUOTE]

I agree that injuries are part of the game.  With respec to the rest of it, I respectfully submit that you and I will simply have to agree to disagree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe we can bring back Marquice Cole or Sterling Moore.  Or try Slater at corner. 

[/QUOTE]

As opposed to talib on the bench in the biggest games?  Maybe he will make it to half time before he rides the pine.  If I still feel if we don't fix the line it won't matter who we have back there. If we are going to spend that much money spent it on the interior line. Vince may not be back effective and they won't have to throw they'll run it. 

[/QUOTE]

the PAts can afford to fix the DL and sign Talib.

hasnt Talib's absence shown that with out him this defense is not good? combine him with a healthy DL, and this defense could be top 3

BB has to manage Talib's absences with depth and game planning, which he and Patricia did very well this year, but the last game showed that talent will trump game planning...Pats dont have a talent like Talib on the team.

they have to sign him, they know it and he knows it 

[/QUOTE]

Is there anyone in free agency that can fit the bill? Talib's injury bug; especially during playoffs, is a concern.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like basic negotiating by both the Patriots and Talib.  Not a suprise.  I hope they come to an agreement because I want him back in NE.  If we do resign him, I would expect a deal that is very similar to the one Grimes signed.

[/QUOTE]

It is beyond clear that is agent speak.  What team will give him those years?  14 mil max guaranteed.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Dead!  I'd also make it very incentive/bonus-laden, e.g., staying on the field!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All off of "one real great season"?  For all we know, he could be a "one and done" once he signs a big contract.  He has to prove he can be the man season after season and stay healthy!

[/QUOTE]

He's been an above average corner his whole career and had this huge season but ha always been in a top tier. His name just moved up more this season. He's legit, just can't stay healthy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been an above average corner his whole career and had this huge season but ha always been in a top tier. His name just moved up more this season. He's legit, just can't stay healthy

[/QUOTE]

That's the crux of the matter though, isn't it?  If he can't make it to the end of playoffs - then it doesn't help the Patriots much at the end of the day. That fact should be considered when discussing contract/$

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The Pats are not going to pay Talib top market $.

He will go and look for a deal that may or may not be there. Does another team want to give Talib top $ after 2 seasons in which he could not stay on the field and with a ? history of off the field incidencts?

The market last year says he will not get the big deal. Maybe he does? If not he will comeback and see what the Pats have to offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like basic negotiating by both the Patriots and Talib.  Not a suprise.  I hope they come to an agreement because I want him back in NE.  If we do resign him, I would expect a deal that is very similar to the one Grimes signed.

[/QUOTE]

It is beyond clear that is agent speak.  What team will give him those years?  14 mil max guaranteed.

[/QUOTE]

c'mon. if you were an agent, havent you caught onto BB's tactics? he doesnt negotiate. he offers what he feels is fair market, and if you dont accept, he will move on (Wes, Edelman, Woody). If you are Talib's agent, of course you negotiate with BB with other offers in hand, knowing how far you can push BB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I wouldn't pay a player this unreliable top money without incentives.  He needs to be able to stay on the field for that kind of money.

Also, too many "red flags".  I'm not saying that to be a wise-ass because in this case I thinik it truly applies.

Just look at the Carolina game when he was being schooled by Steve Smith and how he reacted.  I think we saw the true Talib come out in that game.  

Not to mention the one that can't get through a playoff game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, what's more important to Talib a this stage of his career:

#1 - Stay with a winning franchise with an extremely high probability to get to the SB and get paid darn well?

#2 - Just get paid no matter how successful his new team may or may not be?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

#1 - Stay with a winning franchise with an extremely high probability to get to the SB and get paid darn well?

always, always, always take the money unless your TB rich. Talib isnt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

One thing BB has shown is a willingness to sign his own guys that he knows play well in his system. The examples are endless. It is smart business to sign guys who have proven it for you. I think the Talib deal gets done, if not its due to the injuries we have all mentioned. 3 years in a row this guy has not been able to finsish a season on the field. It isn't because BB is cheap like a couple of "fans" on this thread are saying. It's because you have to make smart decisions for your football team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, understand that given the relatively short careers of an NFL player. Additionally, there are only a select few who earn enough money in their careers that are "set" for the rest of their lives if they manage that income properly.  Unfortunately, that is a rarity.  Give me just $5M and I'm retired for the rest of my life with how I can invest that for income.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TB is rich because he has taken the money. 58 million in guaranteed cash in his current contract. TB is just smarter then other QB's(which is why BB drafted him) as Kraft and BB are smarter then most front office's and have been very "Krafty" in how they paid him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TB is rich because he has taken the money. 58 million in guaranteed cash in his current contract. TB is just smarter then other QB's(which is why BB drafted him) as Kraft and BB are smarter then most front office's and have been very "Krafty" in how they paid him. 

[/QUOTE]

C'mon. Isnt it "safe" to sat TB has left $30m plus on the table in his career? Look at his deals compared to other QB's. TB also has a very, very rich spouse, and a lucrative career outside of football. And lets face it, his post NFL career will be very bright.

He can afford to leave money on the table for good publicity, for his team.....Talib is no where near that position. He must cash in now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Night Night Rkarp....

The NFL’s Top 10 Career Earners COLLEEN CASEY GOOGLE+ TWITTER MORE ARTICLES NOVEMBER 28, 2013 Football

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronalmog/

Drew Brees made National Football League history when he signed a five-year, $100 million contract with the New Orleans Saints in 2012, making him the highest paid NFL player ever. But Brees’s bucks haven’t all been earned yet. Spotrac tracks the salaries and earnings of professional athletes, including NFL players. The following are the 10 top career earners in the NFL.

10. Richard Seymour

Career earnings: $99,621,000

Position: Defensive tackle

Teams: New England Patriots (2001-2008), Oakland Raiders (2009-2012)

Currently a free agent, Seymour has 324 total tackles and 172 assisted tackles. Seymour is a three-time Super Bowl champion, earning rings at Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX, all with the New England Patriots. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s and to seven Pro Bowls.

Champ Bailey

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigindenver/

9. Champ Bailey

Career earnings: $103,332,535

Position: Cornerback

Teams: Washington Redskins (1999-2003), Denver Broncos (2004-present)

Bailey has been selected for the Pro Bowl 12 times, the most of any defensive back in NFL history. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s. He has made 693 total tackles and 86 assisted tackles during his career. As a cornerback, he leads the league in interceptions with 52, 18 of which came in his 2005-2006 season with the Broncos.

Carson Palmer

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithallison/

8. Carson Palmer

Career earnings: $106,095,000

Position: Quarterback

Teams: Cincinnati Bengals (2003-2010), Oakland Raiders (2011-2012), Arizona Cardinals (2013-present)

During his career, Palmer has completed 2,568 of 4,110 pass attempts, totaling 29,465 yards, and thrown for 189 touchdowns. He has had six seasons with 20 or more touchdown passes and has been named to the Pro Bowl twice. In 2005, Palmer had a completion percentage of 67.8, the best in the league.

Donovan McNabb

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwburkett/

7. Donovan McNabb

Career earnings: $106,774,067

Teams: Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2009), Washington Redskins (2010), Minnesota Vikings (2011)

In 1999, McNabb was a first-round draft pick chosen by the Philadelphia Eagles. During his time with the team, he played in five NFC Championship Games and Super Bowl XXXIX. McNabb was named to the Pro Bowl six times and has completed the most passes for any Philadelphia Eagle with 2,801. With the Eagles, he passed for 32,873 yards and had 216 touchdown passes.

Ray Lewis

6. Ray Lewis

Career earnings: $107,796,998

Position: Linebacker

Team: Baltimore Ravens (1996-2012)

Baltimore’s second pick of the 1996 draft was Lewis. He has been invited to 13 Pro Bowls and was twice chosen as the NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2000, 2003). He has two Super Bowl rings, from Super Bowls XXXV and XLVII. Lewis was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXV. He made 972 total tackles and 364 assisted tackles in his career.

Drew Brees

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/design-dog/

5. Drew Brees

Career earnings: $111,258,366

Teams: San Diego Chargers (2001-2005), New Orleans Saints (2006-present)

Brees’s lucrative contract ensures he will continue to work his way to the top of this list, but until then, let’s take a look at some of Brees’s recent accomplishments. He is the second player in NFL history to pass for more than 4,000 yards in seven straight campaigns and has a completion percentage of 71.2 with the Saints. His 33,571 passing yards, 4,340 attempts, 2,910 completions, and 244 touchdowns passes have enabled him to lead the league since 2006. He has been named to seven Pro Bowls and was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV.

Julius Peppers

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moorealoha/

4. Julius Peppers

Career earnings: $113,218,000

Position: Defensive end

Teams: Carolina Panthers (2002-2009), Chicago Bears (2010-present)

Peppers started his NFL career as the second overall pick of the 2002 draft and was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. An eight-time Pro Bowler, Peppers is second in the NFL for number of sacks. He ranks fourth for forced fumbles, and in eight of 11 seasons, has recorded double-digit sack statistics. Peppers has also blocked 11 kicks in his career.

Tom Brady

3. Tom Brady

Career earnings: $134,126,000

Team: New England Patriots (2000-present)

Brady languished in the draft until the sixth round in 2000. But since then, Brady has earned three Super Bowl rings at the XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX contests. In 2007 and 2010, he was the league MVP. Brady’s career completion percentage is 63.5, and he has 351 passing touchdowns and 47,702 yards.

Credit: MN National Guard

Source: MN National Guard

2. Brett Favre

Career earnings: $139,654,000

Teams: Atlanta Falcons (1991), Green Bay Packers (1992-2007), New York Jets (2008), Minnesota Vikings (2009-2010)

An 11-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl XXXI champion, Favre was the 33rd overall pick in the 1991 draft. He was named the AP most valuable player three times in his career and set numerous records, including most touchdowns (508), most passing yards (71,838) and most pass completions (6,300). Favre also has the most career wins at 186.

Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spablab/

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spablab/

1. Peyton Manning

Career earnings: $207,020,668

Teams: Indianapolis Colts (1998-2011), Denver Broncos (2012-present)

In 2012, Manning set record after record with the Broncos. He is second in all-time in passing touchdowns (470), yards (63,059) and completions (5,368). His 8,202 attempts rank him third in that category. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s and to 12 Pro Bowls. He earned his Super Bowl ring and the title of Super Bowl MVP at Super Bowl XLI. In 2012, AP named him the league’s Comeback Player of the Year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

So you think Brady could have earned another 30 million if he was an idiot and forced the Pats hand? Well, then he would have become the 2nd highest earning player in NFL history instead of the 3rd. 

Brady has been paid. We have managed the cap well because of Bill Belichick and his system that he started in Cleveland and has carried it out to make N.E the most well run organization in all of football and perhaps all of sports.

You are wrong...again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sorry folks, but if Wes Welker takes you out of the AFCCG, you're a china doll.

Sayonara, Mr. Talib.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Night Night Rkarp....

The NFL’s Top 10 Career Earners COLLEEN CASEY GOOGLE+ TWITTER MORE ARTICLES NOVEMBER 28, 2013 Football

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronalmog/

Drew Brees made National Football League history when he signed a five-year, $100 million contract with the New Orleans Saints in 2012, making him the highest paid NFL player ever. But Brees’s bucks haven’t all been earned yet. Spotrac tracks the salaries and earnings of professional athletes, including NFL players. The following are the 10 top career earners in the NFL.

10. Richard Seymour

Career earnings: $99,621,000

Position: Defensive tackle

Teams: New England Patriots (2001-2008), Oakland Raiders (2009-2012)

Currently a free agent, Seymour has 324 total tackles and 172 assisted tackles. Seymour is a three-time Super Bowl champion, earning rings at Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX, all with the New England Patriots. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s and to seven Pro Bowls.

Champ Bailey

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigindenver/

9. Champ Bailey

Career earnings: $103,332,535

Position: Cornerback

Teams: Washington Redskins (1999-2003), Denver Broncos (2004-present)

Bailey has been selected for the Pro Bowl 12 times, the most of any defensive back in NFL history. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s. He has made 693 total tackles and 86 assisted tackles during his career. As a cornerback, he leads the league in interceptions with 52, 18 of which came in his 2005-2006 season with the Broncos.

Carson Palmer

8. Carson Palmer

Career earnings: $106,095,000

Teams: Cincinnati Bengals (2003-2010), Oakland Raiders (2011-2012), Arizona Cardinals (2013-present)

During his career, Palmer has completed 2,568 of 4,110 pass attempts, totaling 29,465 yards, and thrown for 189 touchdowns. He has had six seasons with 20 or more touchdown passes and has been named to the Pro Bowl twice. In 2005, Palmer had a completion percentage of 67.8, the best in the league.

Donovan McNabb

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwburkett/

7. Donovan McNabb

Career earnings: $106,774,067

Teams: Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2009), Washington Redskins (2010), Minnesota Vikings (2011)

In 1999, McNabb was a first-round draft pick chosen by the Philadelphia Eagles. During his time with the team, he played in five NFC Championship Games and Super Bowl XXXIX. McNabb was named to the Pro Bowl six times and has completed the most passes for any Philadelphia Eagle with 2,801. With the Eagles, he passed for 32,873 yards and had 216 touchdown passes.

Ray Lewis

6. Ray Lewis

Career earnings: $107,796,998

Position: Linebacker

Team: Baltimore Ravens (1996-2012)

Baltimore’s second pick of the 1996 draft was Lewis. He has been invited to 13 Pro Bowls and was twice chosen as the NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2000, 2003). He has two Super Bowl rings, from Super Bowls XXXV and XLVII. Lewis was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXV. He made 972 total tackles and 364 assisted tackles in his career.

Drew Brees

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/design-dog/

5. Drew Brees

Career earnings: $111,258,366

Teams: San Diego Chargers (2001-2005), New Orleans Saints (2006-present)

Brees’s lucrative contract ensures he will continue to work his way to the top of this list, but until then, let’s take a look at some of Brees’s recent accomplishments. He is the second player in NFL history to pass for more than 4,000 yards in seven straight campaigns and has a completion percentage of 71.2 with the Saints. His 33,571 passing yards, 4,340 attempts, 2,910 completions, and 244 touchdowns passes have enabled him to lead the league since 2006. He has been named to seven Pro Bowls and was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV.

Julius Peppers

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moorealoha/

4. Julius Peppers

Career earnings: $113,218,000

Position: Defensive end

Teams: Carolina Panthers (2002-2009), Chicago Bears (2010-present)

Peppers started his NFL career as the second overall pick of the 2002 draft and was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. An eight-time Pro Bowler, Peppers is second in the NFL for number of sacks. He ranks fourth for forced fumbles, and in eight of 11 seasons, has recorded double-digit sack statistics. Peppers has also blocked 11 kicks in his career.

Tom Brady

3. Tom Brady

Career earnings: $134,126,000

Team: New England Patriots (2000-present)

Brady languished in the draft until the sixth round in 2000. But since then, Brady has earned three Super Bowl rings at the XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX contests. In 2007 and 2010, he was the league MVP. Brady’s career completion percentage is 63.5, and he has 351 passing touchdowns and 47,702 yards.

Credit: MN National Guard

Source: MN National Guard

2. Brett Favre

Career earnings: $139,654,000

Teams: Atlanta Falcons (1991), Green Bay Packers (1992-2007), New York Jets (2008), Minnesota Vikings (2009-2010)

An 11-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl XXXI champion, Favre was the 33rd overall pick in the 1991 draft. He was named the AP most valuable player three times in his career and set numerous records, including most touchdowns (508), most passing yards (71,838) and most pass completions (6,300). Favre also has the most career wins at 186.

Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spablab/

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spablab/

1. Peyton Manning

Career earnings: $207,020,668

Teams: Indianapolis Colts (1998-2011), Denver Broncos (2012-present)

In 2012, Manning set record after record with the Broncos. He is second in all-time in passing touchdowns (470), yards (63,059) and completions (5,368). His 8,202 attempts rank him third in that category. He was named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s and to 12 Pro Bowls. He earned his Super Bowl ring and the title of Super Bowl MVP at Super Bowl XLI. In 2012, AP named him the league’s Comeback Player of the Year.

[/QUOTE]

TC, this is meaningless info. TB has been paid well for a long time, he earned it. But he still left money on the table

look at his extension last year...he left $30M on the table just with that contract!! Over the next 4 years Romo will earn $40M more than TB! If TB left, wouldnt he earn the same salary that Denver is paying Peyton?? C'mon, use your head

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

So you think Brady could have earned another 30 million if he was an idiot and forced the Pats hand? Well, then he would have become the 2nd highest earning player in NFL history instead of the 3rd. 

Brady has been paid. We have managed the cap well because of Bill Belichick and his system that he started in Cleveland and has carried it out to make N.E the most well run organization in all of football and perhaps all of sports.

You are wrong...again.

[/QUOTE]

TC, try to look at this from a different angle, if you are capable...

TB was on the books in 2013 and 2014 for $22M with a cap of approx $124M. THat was choking capologist BB... TB extended that contract to an AAV of approx $15M per thru 2017. THats 5 years. If he held out for $20M per, would the PAts have signed him? Would someone else have given him $20M plus on the open market? Thats $25M just on his last contract...

C'mon, use your head

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'll take "only" 10% of what these players earned and live a darn good life!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are wrong...again.

[/QUOTE]

TC, try to look at this from a different angle, if you are capable...

TB was on the books in 2013 and 2014 for $22M with a cap of approx $124M. THat was choking capologist BB... TB extended that contract to an AAV of approx $15M per thru 2017. THats 5 years. If he held out for $20M per, would the PAts have signed him? Would someone else have given him $20M plus on the open market? Thats $25M just on his last contract...

C'mon, use your head

[/QUOTE]

He did what every high paid QB is asked to do. There is no difference, he is still getting his 58 million guaranteed but he has done it so that he will receive salary when he is 40. In Brady's case it was a smart decision as his contract until he is 40 is all "guaranteed" Meaning he will actually pocket that money. Base salaries of 7,8, and 9 when he is 38,39,and 40 with his 6 mill per signing bonus added in. Not many QB's are going to make 15 million per year gauranteed when they are 38-40.

And the article means everything. You are suggesting Brady is the only reason BB can manage the cap well(another shot thinly veiled shot from you) when he has been paid more then any player in NFL history other then Peyton Manning(as Brady just passes Favre with his 10 million dollar check he cashed last month).  He has been paid more then all the other QB's other then PM. He isn't taking less. He's taking guaranteed money.

Sections
Shortcuts