Talib.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Talib.

I thought overall, he looked good. Kinda like a real DB looks. Haven't seen much looking like that from this secondary for a long time. He's probably a little rusty, but overall he has good reaction.

On another note, McCourty looks fairly good at safety. I think the different angle you approach the receivers from at safety solves much of his "I can't turn around" problem. I would say he appears a major upgrade from Chung.

As I said, Talib might well transform this secondary into a halfway decent unit. Time will tell on all this, but it's a promising start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Talib.

lol....great minds think alike :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought overall, he looked good. Kinda like a real DB looks. Haven't seen much looking like that from this secondary for a long time. He's probably a little rusty, but overall he has good reaction.

On another note, McCourty looks fairly good at safety. I think the different angle you approach the receivers from at safety solves much of his "I can't turn around" problem. I would say he appears a major upgrade from Chung.

As I said, Talib might well transform this secondary into a halfway decent unit. Time will tell on all this, but it's a promising start.

Thats a great point on McCourty. I thought the same thing. He seemed to be playing much more fluid and natural today. Nice to see

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He's automatically the best defensive back we have, that's for sure. From the looks of our defense after the first quarter he has improved the whole defense. I remain very optomistic about our chances of improvement in that area.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I thought he played pretty well today, he got beat for a couple of touchdowns, but he had great coverage on one of them. I can't really remember seeing him far from his guy - refreshing to see a corner play like that on this team. Dennard plays like a guy possessed on every play too. Now if we only could put Arrington in a cab and not let it stop until it reaches five miles out to sea...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I agree with you Babe...100%.  He got toasted in the fourth quarter there, but he must have felt gassed at that point.  I think he played his position pretty well.  His big INT was impressive to the point where he was actually looking for the ball, peeled off his guy and went to go get it.  Not hard...but in comparison to our regular CBs, we've not really seen them making rudimentary plays very often.

DMc had a decent showing at safety yet again.  He was flying side to side, going wherever the ball was headed.  As a CB...he's awful these days.  At safety, he's playing his responsibilities and doing what needs to be done back there...hence the position name, safety.  I see zero reason to get Chung back in there, unless we're playing a running oriented team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone agreeing with Babe is apparently is in the home as well. LOL

Look, Dennard was good in college and clearly has skills, BB stole him and with Talib, if he stays straight, it's clearly a theft.

You little dorks changing your tune now cannot hide. I warned you.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Dude.  Dennard was very good in college. He'll continue to improve as he has this year. I never hold off field problems like he has had against players unless it proves to be a regular habit. I shutter to think about the stuff I did before the age of 25.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i concur, said the same thing on gaem thread including about mccourty. must add dennard given a chance to compete with the wr, did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah I thought he played pretty well today, he got beat for a couple of touchdowns, but he had great coverage on one of them. I can't really remember seeing him far from his guy - refreshing to see a corner play like that on this team. Dennard plays like a guy possessed on every play too. Now if we only could put Arrington in a cab and not let it stop until it reaches five miles out to sea...

[/QUOTE]

+1 on all 3 points

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Dennard may be a steal...but that's kind of common knowledge.  He was a knucklehead before the draft which really knocked him down from where he was projected to be.  I think it was a great pick...in the seventh round, who gives a crap if it works or not?  The risk isn't even worth mentioning in comparison to the potential reward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with you Babe...100%.  He got toasted in the fourth quarter there, but he must have felt gassed at that point.  I think he played his position pretty well.  His big INT was impressive to the point where he was actually looking for the ball, peeled off his guy and went to go get it.  Not hard...but in comparison to our regular CBs, we've not really seen them making rudimentary plays very often.

DMc had a decent showing at safety yet again.  He was flying side to side, going wherever the ball was headed.  As a CB...he's awful these days.  At safety, he's playing his responsibilities and doing what needs to be done back there...hence the position name, safety.  I see zero reason to get Chung back in there, unless we're playing a running oriented team.

[/QUOTE]

yes and trhis is what i expefcted from mcc when i was riding bb to do this since last year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

That's because BB isn't picking a CB in the top 10 of a draft. In the cap era.  Jesus Christ, will you morons play fair or not?

He was a top 10 pick in 2008, dropped for personal reasons and now BB is ready to pounce and you hate BB's personnel management. Most humans call it genius, you call it something else. Classic.  Maybe you and Hurl can slap each other silly at Magnolia Manor? LOL

You just got blistered to the bejesus. Here he is starting for the first time, with BB trading for him with a friend who he's befriended as a new coach in the NFL, and you called BB a bad GM last year.

Ready to change that diaper yet?  You have a rude awakening coming you can't even see it.

[/QUOTE]

Zip it. Junior.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When the pass rush up front was powerful and varied the defensive backs looked good, when they let allowed Luck to breathe back there they got burned.  It will take a full unit effort to make the defense better.

That being said Talib and Dennard both played well at corner...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Look, Dennard was good in college and clearly has skills, BB stole him and with Talib, if he stays straight, it's clearly a theft.

[/QUOTE]

Hello...  McFly??? We all know Dennard was good in college. The whole world knows that junior. BB took a chance that others weren't willing to take before him that Dennard's off-field issues will work out and he will walk the straight and narrow. I'm not one of these nervous nellies that gets all bent out of shape because we take a guy who jaywalked onto the roster. So don't bother telling us something we already knew.

What tune is it that we are changing junior?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The warnings were out people!! Hey bozo, it's getting embarrassing watching you think you own the argument over players that weren't even being argued about. Talib wasn't even here two weeks ago and everyone likes Dennard.

It makes as much sense as me saying, "the warning were out people, I told you a Toyota Camry will last longer than a chrysler 300!!"....when no one gives two do doos.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sorry if I am reiterating something someone already said, but Talib is going to lock down one of the CB positions period.  Arrington should do nothing more then stay in the slot.  He actually is very good there with his jams, run support, staying close to the line, and blitzing the QB.  I hate seeing him outside... hate it.

Dennard is the real surprise here.  He was our best secondary player today and has shown the best skills of all our CB's this year IMO.  If continues to improve and Talib gets his wheels back under him and learns the playbook, this unit will gel just in time for the playoffs.

Dennard   Gregory/Wilson   McCourty  Talib    is a solid secondary.  Outside of Gregory all those guys are play makers.  Gregory is like the new James Sanders to me.  He plays solid even though he's messed a few times.  As much as I have liked Chung, I can't say the Pats have missed him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% , nice thread babe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the pass rush up front was powerful and varied the defensive backs looked good, when they let allowed Luck to breathe back there they got burned.  It will take a full unit effort to make the defense better.

That being said Talib and Dennard both played well at corner...

[/QUOTE]

+1 rocky

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The warnings were out people!! Hey bozo, it's getting embarrassing watching you think you own the argument over players that weren't even being argued about. Talib wasn't even here two weeks ago and everyone likes Dennard.

It makes as much sense as me saying, "the warning were out people, I told you a Toyota Camry will last longer than a chrysler 300!!"....when no one gives two do doos.

[/QUOTE]

mthurl more effect when you, and we ignore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I've felt that Dennard would be their best corner since they drafted him. BB knew not to try and sneak him on the practice squad like a few suggested. It looks like we have 2 legit corners for the first time since 2004 or so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry if I am reiterating something someone already said, but Talib is going to lock down one of the CB positions period.  Arrington should do nothing more then stay in the slot.  He actually is very good there with his jams, run support, staying close to the line, and blitzing the QB.  I hate seeing him outside... hate it.

Dennard is the real surprise here.  He was our best secondary player today and has shown the best skills of all our CB's this year IMO.  If continues to improve and Talib gets his wheels back under him and learns the playbook, this unit will gel just in time for the playoffs.

Dennard   Gregory/Wilson   McCourty  Talib    is a solid secondary.  Outside of Gregory all those guys are play makers.  Gregory is like the new James Sanders to me.  He plays solid even though he's messed a few times.  As much as I have liked Chung, I can't say the Pats have missed him.

[/QUOTE]

good psotgetz. gregory is slow. wilson doenst hve it upstairs yet.

i said in preseason dennard was our best cb.

last year mcc shoudl move to safety. and this talib move by bb while desperation, was still a great move. 

now if he would let them challenge the wr more (at the line) theyd get beat less. bb is a stubbonr one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've felt that Dennard would be their best corner since they drafted him. BB knew not to try and sneak him on the practice squad like a few suggested. It looks like we have 2 legit corners for the first time since 2004 or so.

[/QUOTE]

who should improve